View Single Post
Unread 02/13/2018, 07:25 AM   #11
kiMxD
Registered Member

Hello everyone!

I thank you all for the inputs. I really appreciate that.
I am reading your replies today, which means I did not know any of that last night when I started my treatment.

What I did was:

1-) Bought Copper Power at my LFS and went home with it;
2-) Read the bottle for instructions, it says that for a 20g tank you should use 1oz of Copper Power, I've used only .50oz (I was scared to add it to the tank and kill everyone);
2-) I forgot to get a test kit for copper, so I am getting that today so I can check and add some more if I see the need, since I did not dose the recommended amount, I will probably have to add some more;
3-) Cleaned up detritus, installed some ammonia check to the glass, tested the water pH and fed the fish with Metroplex - they ate it all, were very hungry and apparently OKAY;
4-) I've checked on the fish this morning, first thing I did, was afraid they'd be dead, to my surprise they were all alive and fine (I have not lost a fish since I found out I have ich, I think I am lucky...)

My questions are:

1-) Should I keep on going with Copper Power (despite your replies, I know, but I think I can control the dosage...)?
2-) Can I keep medicating their food regardless what method I am using to treat the issue (like Copper Power + medicated food with Metroplex)?
3-) In case you'd still suggest to change to TTM, should I dump the current water? Or should I just keep on going with Copper Power?
4-) What are the "permanent harm" to the fish after a Copper treatment?

Thank you all so much!

kiMxD is offline   Reply With Quote