View Single Post
Unread 02/13/2018, 08:18 AM   #12
mitch91175
Premium Member

No 100% absolutely way to do this kiMxD. If your fish are eating well in QT and you have treated the water and are on top of your water changes in QT, I personally say keep doing what you are doing and just sit and wait. On the DT, you can increase the temp some to try to decrease the time to get the ich from the display, but at the same time it still will take time.

It sucks starting out the hobby with this particular issue and shame on your LFS for allowing you (unless you're impatient like most, lol) to get to this point. I would almost recommend bringing the fish back to them and see if they will give you the full credit for a future purchase and just let things get back to normal. They assisted in getting you in this mess so they should definitely want to help you get out of it.

Most LFS have hospital tanks already setup. That way you can get more educated on what you are currently going through and be prepared the next time once you are ready to introduce fish to the aquarium. It isn't the end of the world to have ich. There are beautiful tanks that have ich and the owners control it by different introduction methods of new live stock to them. The way you introduce fish and the order you introduce them also helps to decrease stress, etc. Lights out is a great way to do it so that give the new tank mate time to find hiding spots when they feel stressed.

I am by no means the expert on saltwater aquariums and treating for diseases. Just some stuff that was picked up from the time I have been in the hobby. Also now that you know what ich looks like I would be extremely careful when getting the fish from the LFS that you purchased everything from. Still QT every new purchase, but if there tanks show signs of ich on their fish in the store, I would not buy from them until they can at least have fish in their own tanks that do not show signs of ich. I did that when I noticed that my LFS tanks didn't look so well.

Just my $0.02.

mitch91175 is offline   Reply With Quote