View Single Post
Unread 10/06/2015, 04:52 AM   #99
M007
Acro Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naterealbig View Post
I will say that the Matrix is irregularly shaped and smaller than Siporax, and cannot be utilized with egg crate alone. Another layer will have to be used in conjunction; perhaps the plastic material used for stitching with yarn (unsure the name). This or a reactor (which I'm inclined to use), which may negate the cost savings of the Matrix..
Exactly what made the Siporax more appealing to me. I find reactors always accumulate debris which requires removal and disassembly to clean. Since most of the filth ends up on the bottom of the reactor all the media needs to come out for a proper cleaning. The egg crate box, on the other hand, can be kept clean simply by moving the media by hand and letting the water flow move accumulated debris back on its way. Just a theory at the moment as I just built and installed my box and Siporax on Sunday

Current Tank Info: 250G SPS Mixed Reef. ATLAS 84x28x24. SuperMarin 250. Cebu Sun 3 x 250WMH Radiums 4 x 80W T5. Profilux 3 w/GHL dosing CA-ALK-MG. Moved by Tunze and Vertex. Reef Octopus 5K return.
M007 is offline   Reply With Quote