View Single Post
Old 01/30/2016, 10:27 PM   #2886
Registered Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NE Miss
Posts: 608
Originally Posted by taricha View Post
Two tiny beakers with dino sand and tank water from the back of my tank (amphidinium) so each had 20 ml.
One I added 10 ml more of tank water (control) and the other I added 10 ml of my sun-treated skimmer "green tea".
I watched them to see who would "win" between the microlife and the dinos.
the dino population didn't change in a dramatic way, but the microlife really continued to progress.
After 72hr update. Today it was a dramatic change.
The control beaker was still majority dinos.
The beaker with the "green tea" added had almost no dinos. I had to take sample after sample to find any at all. The biggest concentration I could find in 10+ samples was this one with 4 whole dinos.

I if the 1 gallon test is following the lines of the beakers tomorrow I might accelerate starting this in my main tank.

taricha is offline   Reply With Quote