View Single Post
Unread 06/17/2016, 07:29 AM   #1
ReefMaverick
Registered Member

200DD Failure......take 2

It's with great disappointment that I've decided to pull the plug on 32 years of Reefing....the last 2 years have taken their toll on my wallet and on my moral...

On Thursday June 16 around 2-3 AM for a second time our Marineland 200DD Tank gave away....bottom seal....and this time it was catastrophic failure, water came rushing down with lots of pressure and spayed the wall with water that made it's way to the electric Outlet....causing a small electric fire....could have been worst if I did not wake up on the smell before the fire alarm triggered. End result is devastating to both the basement (Coark Floor to be redone) and the entire Family moral....the kids specially took it very hard...the lost of all the fish had a impact on them....for me it's groundhog day....same thing happened in Dec 2013...

So that is it....everything that could be carried out by 1 or 2 person is now out in the garage or in the bin....I'll sell the Surviving hardware like skimmer and lights, couple pumps but that's about it.....Apex was fried, MP10 Controller gone, Same with the Return Pump controller (power supply exploded) ....at the end the lost in $$$$ will be probably be over 20K between the Tank, Corals, Pumps, Fished, House Damage.....

All this left me we a very bitter taste....now lets see how good is the Marineland warranty and how quick they will get their act together.

ReefMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote