View Single Post
Unread 08/16/2016, 01:31 PM   #54
Johnseye
Reef Addict

It's time to start sharing the reason why I put all this time, money and effort into this hobby! The livestock!

I'm still learning my way around photographing inside an aquarium with the blue leaning spectrum. I used a flash for these photos. I'm sure we'll see my photo skills improve along with the growth of this aquarium.

My fine finned friends are not camera shy. I'm sure they think there's food coming. I haven't begun to name our livestock yet, because the first couple my kids named years ago died. They've come to accept the challenges of introducing new fish to the tank and the occasional mystery disappearance. All these fish were moved over from my 120g. The Clown pair, Yellow Tang and Melanurus pair were the first from the summer of 2014. The Flame and Multicolored Angels were added last summer. I also have a Bangaii Cardinal and McCosker's wrasse. Sadly the Cleaner Shrimp you see under the rocks was found the other day as a shell. I have a Mantis Shrimp who hitchhiked in on the TBS rock. I caught a glimpse of him once so I know he's there. I also have some unwanted crabs (not the friendly Porcelains) and several Pistol Shrimp. That's a story for another day as I have big plans for them. There's only one piece of live rock I moved over from my 120g and that's pictured in the bottom right. I wanted to start with new live rock for this tank, but there was too much life on this piece to let go. There's a rock anemone, zoas and superman mushrooms as well as years of coralline growth living there.

This photo was from June 14th with pumps stopped if you note the lower water level.

These photos were from July 30th. I've been taking pictures of the Acropora monthly as I want to have a visual record of transitioning from my 120g with Radions to this tank with MH/T5. I'll share some comparison or progression photos later.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote