Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/10/2011, 11:00 PM   #51
mane
Registered Member

Hey guys, Im using a mac. I d/l the program and click on the VertexDesktop.Jar file. It brings up a black window with the fishies on it and on the left frame is says vertex desktop but thats it. If I click file I have the following settings: save settings, load settings, download prog, upload prog, select remote, update devices, save log and quit.

How do I get anything up to program or adjust? I cant get past the black window?

Sorry I cant find any info on this first step anywhere.

Thanks!

mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/11/2011, 06:18 AM   #52
notclear
Registered Member

That means the USB stick couldn't communicate with the fixture. The stick needs to be within 6 ft of the fixture. Or you can add a USB extension cord and place the stick closer to the fixture.

Unread 01/11/2011, 09:11 PM   #53
notclear
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notclear View Post
Finally I also have some time to prepare one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a2BIg5bdnA

For those who just got the fixture and are wondering how to program the fixture using the V-link software, be sure to check this out first, it will save you some time
I have redone the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOACyN4AOS0

You can now select 720p to view it.

Unread 01/12/2011, 09:04 AM   #54
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mane View Post
Hey guys, Im using a mac. I d/l the program and click on the VertexDesktop.Jar file. It brings up a black window with the fishies on it and on the left frame is says vertex desktop but thats it. If I click file I have the following settings: save settings, load settings, download prog, upload prog, select remote, update devices, save log and quit.

How do I get anything up to program or adjust? I cant get past the black window?

Sorry I cant find any info on this first step anywhere.

Thanks!
Did you also install the drivers? I know that there are some issues with the drivers not installing properly on Snow Leopard Macs... You may have to run Windows in BootCamp or Parallels and use the Windows version until Vertex can ship the final Mac release.

Cheers!

-TDF

112G 48x30x18 Starphire Rimless / 40G Sump / 20G Fuge / Basement Sump Room / Bubble King Mini 180 / Vertex Illumina SR 1200 LED / 2 x Vortech MP40W ES / ReefKeeper Elite / LiterMeterIII / Auto Water Change

Current Tank Info: 112G Shallow Rimless
TheDogFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/12/2011, 09:10 AM   #55
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Here is my entry for the Vertex Me contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwxYt79npAQ

112G 48x30x18 Starphire Rimless / 40G Sump / 20G Fuge / Basement Sump Room / Bubble King Mini 180 / Vertex Illumina SR 1200 LED / 2 x Vortech MP40W ES / ReefKeeper Elite / LiterMeterIII / Auto Water Change

Unread 01/12/2011, 11:36 AM   #56
notclear
Registered Member

Thedogfather, very very nice!

Unread 01/12/2011, 01:00 PM   #57
mane
Registered Member

Thanks guys Ill give it a shot.

mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/12/2011, 03:08 PM   #58
deangelr
Clown Whisperererer

Why is this light too bright at 100%? even at full stength par measurements are not as high as NSW...

Unread 01/16/2011, 12:39 PM   #59
reefkeeps
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDogFather View Post
Here is my entry for the Vertex Me contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwxYt79npAQ

That was really well done!

Current Tank Info: 150 REEF
reefkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2011, 02:56 PM   #60
Midnightsun
Registered Member

Well I want to join the club. Just bought my Vertex 200 series 24" to go over my not yet received 55G Cadlights Artisan. Will be keeping my existing home made stand, sump and basically all the mechanicals of my 28G Nano Cube setup. Probably gonna take a while before everything is up/running and transfered but will definitely try to take my time and do it right. Here is a link to my 28G . http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...pic=233430&hl=

What are these Aux red leds they are supposed to come out with and how will the work/integrate to existing units?

Midnightsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2011, 04:57 PM   #61
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsun View Post
Well I want to join the club. Just bought my Vertex 200 series 24" to go over my not yet received 55G Cadlights Artisan. Will be keeping my existing home made stand, sump and basically all the mechanicals of my 28G Nano Cube setup. Probably gonna take a while before everything is up/running and transfered but will definitely try to take my time and do it right. Here is a link to my 28G . http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...pic=233430&hl=

What are these Aux red leds they are supposed to come out with and how will the work/integrate to existing units?
Welcome to the club!

I don't know when the aux modules will be shipping but they just connect to the white bus connector on each of the LED pads - except for module 0 since the bus connector on that module is connected to the display.

Cheers!

-TDF

Unread 01/16/2011, 05:01 PM   #62
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefkeeps View Post
That was really well done!
Thanks!

Unread 01/17/2011, 02:10 PM   #63
dbond
Registered Member

I just received my light today I did not realize you have to order the V Link USB stick separately and suppliers out of stock is their anything I can do with this light without the V Link who knows when they will have them in stock took me 3 months to get the light hoping it wont be another 3 months for the V Link.

dbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2011, 02:35 PM   #64
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbond View Post
I just received my light today I did not realize you have to order the V Link USB stick separately and suppliers out of stock is their anything I can do with this light without the V Link who knows when they will have them in stock took me 3 months to get the light hoping it wont be another 3 months for the V Link.
The only thing the fixture won't do without the vStick are the Expert mode functions. You can get by with the built-in programming functions until you get your vStick. I now it sucks and I feel your pain, I waited 2 and a half months after I got my fixture until the first batch of vSticks were shipped out...

Cheers!

-TDF

Unread 01/17/2011, 03:31 PM   #65
notclear
Registered Member

Quote:
Have you tried blue world aquariums?

Unread 01/17/2011, 09:47 PM   #66
dbond
Registered Member

Im going to look around for another supplier for the V Link , have gone thru most of the settings but I have not seen anything as far as setting time parameters for hours of operation will try the website and see if I can download a manual.

thanks

Unread 01/17/2011, 11:25 PM   #67
AGYDAL
Registered Member

I have my tank lights set to where I am happy with the look of it...I will rent you my V-stick did you see this light in use before your purchase? If you did, is the keeper of this awesome light close enough that you could borrow their V-stick? I think I ran across a post of TDF in another thread that he had posted text about resetting and setting the light...try starting there for info on tracking down the manual (isn't it still in German Text?) I'd find it for you real quick but I am on my phone internet.

AGYDAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2011, 09:13 AM   #68
Flagswipe
Registered Member

I just ordered another unit. A 24" for my System 70 Elos at work. Currently it has a Giesman Infinity over it that I am very happy with. I run a 14k Giesman 250w with 3 ATI Super Blue + and one Fiji purple. I get quite good colour and excellent growth. This new fixture will be a good test to see if I can achieve the same results at work where I spend most of my time.

I still cannot get much to grow in my DT at home with the 5' fixture.

A question to you Illumina and SPS guys. Does anyone ramp their fixtures up to 100% white at any time of the day? I swear that I need to blast my SPS with more light but the "experts" say that most people are using 75% so that is what I am doing as well.

What do you guys do?

Current Tank Info: 135 Mixed reef with lots of fish
Flagswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2011, 09:28 AM   #69
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagswipe View Post
I just ordered another unit. A 24" for my System 70 Elos at work. Currently it has a Giesman Infinity over it that I am very happy with. I run a 14k Giesman 250w with 3 ATI Super Blue + and one Fiji purple. I get quite good colour and excellent growth. This new fixture will be a good test to see if I can achieve the same results at work where I spend most of my time.

I still cannot get much to grow in my DT at home with the 5' fixture.

A question to you Illumina and SPS guys. Does anyone ramp their fixtures up to 100% white at any time of the day? I swear that I need to blast my SPS with more light but the "experts" say that most people are using 75% so that is what I am doing as well.

What do you guys do?
Mine ramps up to 100% RB, 80% B and 60% W. Growth appears to be better for me with more blue than white.

Cheers!

-TDF

Unread 01/18/2011, 09:36 AM   #70
TheDogFather
Registered Member

Quote:
Im going to look around for another supplier for the V Link , have gone thru most of the settings but I have not seen anything as far as setting time parameters for hours of operation will try the website and see if I can download a manual.

thanks
If you cannot find the manual on the web site you can grab a copy here

Cheers!

-TDF

Unread 01/18/2011, 09:06 PM   #71
dbond
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDogFather View Post
If you cannot find the manual on the web site you can grab a copy here

Cheers!

-TDF
Thanks much appreciated

Unread 01/24/2011, 03:31 PM   #72
deangelr
Clown Whisperererer

Is there any sort of manual for the V-link program..? I finally recieved my v link in the mail and I am having a hard time understanding the expert mode functions..

I am looking for a schedule similiar to what was described above where lights turn on first with a brighter white look then during the evening with a blue more actinic look..

I also wanted to try and simulate the lunar cycle...

thanks for the help!

Unread 01/24/2011, 04:26 PM   #73
notclear
Registered Member

Have you checked my video yet? I posted the youtube link in previous thread.

Unread 01/24/2011, 05:24 PM   #74
deangelr
Clown Whisperererer

I did check the video but i didnt really follow how it was setup.

Unread 01/24/2011, 05:32 PM   #75
deangelr
Clown Whisperererer

I also took another look at your thumnail post.. can you send me that program? I saw on the vertex desktop that was an option.. That way i could play with it a little and try and figure out how this all works..

I think I understand the features until the expert mode.