Reef Central Online Community
Live Aquaria

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > CoralProps
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/03/2011, 07:20 PM   #1
returnofsid
Registered Member

Clams, Clams and MORE Clams

Being lucky enough to be local, we just got back from Coral Props, with our gorgeous Ultra Taumotu Maxima, and a couple frags! While there, I took a bunch of pics of all the small clams in QT. Oh, in case you haven't got his newsletter, Henk got in quite a few small clams, T. derasa, T. maxima and T. crocea. They'll be coming out of QT and posted on Coral Props website, very soon. Angie picked out 5 that she wants, Madison picked out 1 and I'd be happy taking them all! LOL They're ALL AMAZING!!!

Those photos will be posted soon.

Old 04/03/2011, 07:57 PM   #2
returnofsid
Registered Member

Here we go.

For those of you who are not familiar with CoralProps, it's a green house coral propagation facility, relying completely on natural sunlight. Please keep in mind, as viewing these photos, they are lit ONLY by natural sunlight. Oh and it was overcast, while we were there. No photoshopping at all. Pics uploaded directly from camera, and posted directly to here.

Some of the clams, currently in QT.

This is one Angie really wants, so BACK OFF!

I hope to make this baby mine....

and this one...

Now to a few of the BIG BRUTES!! These next clams range from, oh I'd say 5" - 7" and are currently on CoralProps website.

This beauty is in our tank!! This pic is from the greenhouse and pics, in my tank will be taken, tomorrow.

Old 04/03/2011, 08:04 PM   #3
returnofsid
Registered Member

Some more of the BRUTES. These guys are SO healthy and quick to react. I had to sneak up on them, from a bit of an angle, to keep them from snapping closed if my shadow crossed over them.

DROOOOL!!!!

Did I mention this one is already in my tank?? Greenhouse pic

Random coral pics

Montipora undata

Really cool cream colored M. digitata, with purple polyps.

purdy purple tipped Acropora

Okay, that's enough. Time to drool over my clam!!

Old 04/03/2011, 08:26 PM   #4
toash
Registered Member

The only thing better than his corals is his customer service. Henk, in my opinion is second to NO ONE in the industry on how he takes care of his customers. We have enjoyed every order from him and things arrive safely and often nicer than the pictures on the site give them credit for....thinking about an order????? do it you will be happy you did!

Old 04/03/2011, 08:28 PM   #5
returnofsid
Registered Member

I won't clutter up Coral Props forum with many of my own pictures, but here's my granddaughter, Patience, "helping" me acclimate our clam.

and a low light, sneak peak of it, in our tank.

Old 04/03/2011, 08:31 PM   #6
returnofsid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toash View Post
The only thing better than his corals is his customer service. Henk, in my opinion is second to NO ONE in the industry on how he takes care of his customers. We have enjoyed every order from him and things arrive safely and often nicer than the pictures on the site give them credit for....thinking about an order????? do it you will be happy you did!
You're absolutely right!! I live about 20 minutes away, so don't have to have him ship me stuff. However, I've seen his packing procedures and they are absolutely the best!!

Henk is also one of the nicest guys you could meet and very fun to visit and hang out with!!

Old 04/03/2011, 10:40 PM   #7
Fr3nChy
Registered Member

Sweet deal, those clams all looked amazing, the power of sunlight!
If only Arizona had a nice clam distributor, Reef Culture is a little expensive and Pets Inc doesnt get them in very big or often!

Old 04/04/2011, 08:08 PM   #8
returnofsid
Registered Member

Here's the first photo I took of it, during our field trip, Feb. 20, 2011, while it was still in QT.

Here's a photo, from yesterday, at the greenhouse, in his system, receiving more sunlight than in QT.

Here it is, in my tank. Just got home, and took this photo, a few minutes ago. Unfortunately, shooting it through the glass, doesn't really show the different shades of beautiful green.

The clam actually looks much like Coral Props photos, on his website. The difference in the above photos is because the final photo, taken in my tank, is from the side, instead of from the top. With clams, this makes a HUGE difference!

Old 04/05/2011, 01:02 AM   #9
coralprops
Moved On

Thanks Michael for posting the pictures!!! Great shots of the SPS.

Thank you all for your kind words, I am almost blushing........

FYI, the little clams are moving on Tuesday out of quarantine and I hope to have (some of) them available sometime Wednesday. But it might be a day later.

For the bigger clam lovers. Picked up a load of Polonesian clams from the airport. They look really nice but it is hard to say how nice since there isn't a lot of light in the greenhouse at night. I'll post an update as soon as possible.

Old 04/08/2011, 04:33 PM   #10
coralprops
Moved On

The little clams are now available on our website. Have fun!

More Polynesian clams of 5 and 6" will be posted in approx 2.5 weeks.

Old 04/14/2011, 12:43 PM   #11
Snprhed
Registered Member

so is that black and blue max still available? I dont see it on the website.

Old 04/15/2011, 11:23 PM   #12
coralprops
Moved On

Sorry, we sold the black and blue maxima a couple of weeks ago.

Old 02/02/2012, 02:16 PM   #13
crazytech98
Registered Member

can you send them

Old 02/23/2012, 01:05 PM   #14
dieseldaisy
Registered Member

not sure if I would spend a small fortune on a clam until I did some research