Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Pacific Island Aquatics
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/17/2012, 08:12 PM   #1
flameangel88
Registered Member

Black/Scopas Tang Hybrid 1.5"

I ordered this tang on Wednesday night for Friday 3/16 delivery. I took Friday off and at around 11:20am after seeing the delivery status changed to Monday I called UPS to clarify the situation and after not getting a definitive answer as whether it will be delivered I requested pick-up at their local hub. But the csr said they can't change shipping till an attempt had been made and she said they weren't allow to give out the local hub phone number so I requested to speak with a supervisor which got me connected to the local hub and the person there said the package is there and I can go pick it up in person. I got there exactly 12:01pm and it was closed for lunch 12-1pm. Good thing PIA put 2 heating packs in there because its been chilly here in NJ on Thursday and Friday. Kevin got an delay alert and we were in communication through out.

After opening the bag she is a a bit pale but swimming and completed an hour of drip acclimation in she went to the acclimation box. I kept the room completely dark to allow rest and wasn't going to turn the light on the next morning but just had to take a peek before going to bed and her color was much darker and not like light grey when I first open the bag. I decided to fed and she pick out some small pieces from the Angel & Butterfly Diet. So far so good and I will post update.

This little gal is so cute and small the suction cup on the acclimation box (12x6x6) is bigger.

Click on video for a short clip video

Old 03/17/2012, 09:09 PM   #2
jcw
Registered Member

Wow. Beautiful fish. Wonder what they look like all grown up?

Best of luck!

-eznet2u

Current Tank Info: 125g DT, custom 30g sump, custom 29g remote display, ATB elegance, ATB 1800 flowstar, mp40(2)- one failed wetside, mp10(2), remote 55g crytic fuge
Old 03/17/2012, 09:17 PM   #3
ariel47
Premium Member

I almost order it myself.

Old 03/17/2012, 09:30 PM   #4
flameangel88
Registered Member

jcw--thanks.

ariel--you didn't get the black tang last time?

After this hybrid settles in I'm going to try to pair her with the black tang I received from PIA last September.

Old 03/18/2012, 05:06 AM   #5
ariel47
Premium Member

Yes it's doing very good.

Old 04/01/2012, 08:08 PM   #6
flameangel88
Registered Member

this was taken today