Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Reef Specialty
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/14/2011, 09:17 PM   #76
1Snapple
Registered Member

And if so 14k pheonix bulbs would be a plus.

Old 02/15/2011, 07:18 AM   #77
acropora nut
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgnd77 View Post
Cool...Does it come with bulbs???
No I am sorry Coralvue isn't offering bulbs with the fixture. Reef Specialty is going to offer 5% off all bulbs when when the fixture is purchased.... This will allow everyone to pick and chose there favorite bulb combo.

Thank you
Mike

acropora nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2011, 02:21 PM   #78
acropora nut
Registered Member

Reef Specialty is now offering FREE CoralVue T-5 bulbs with all fixtures!

Old 08/23/2011, 02:22 PM   #79
acropora nut
Registered Member

Updated Photo....

Old 03/04/2012, 12:11 PM   #80
RoGeTa
Registered Member

So...who has these and just loves them? In theory...they look like one of the best fixtures on the market based on just lumen bright reflectors. How hot do these get with 250s in them? And my final, most important question, are the ballasts capable of running 250w radiums to spec? Thanks for any help!

the little read house is just my myspace, I do not have a cool reef website yet ):

Current Tank Info: 115 Just set up!
RoGeTa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2012, 10:09 PM   #81
thysrof
Registered Member

RoGeTa I agree the fixture looks great! I would think someone has some feedback they've been out for over a year.

thysrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2012, 10:38 PM   #82
henrystyle
Registered Member

I would love one but cant see myself dropping that kinda bread for a fixture..

Current Tank Info: 30g frag tank/120g sps dominant reef
henrystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2012, 11:15 PM   #83
RoGeTa
Registered Member

I know, I'm really looking forward to hearing from anyone who uses one of these. I'm not in too big of a hurry as I have close to a month before I have to make a concrete decision. I would really love some pictures from people who use them as well. I really want to run radiums...as I love the color. I know I could get just as good or batter growth out of 10k bulbs, but I don't like the look as well as the radium.

the little read house is just my myspace, I do not have a cool reef website yet ):

Current Tank Info: 115 Just set up!
RoGeTa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2012, 12:01 PM   #84
galoot
Registered Member

^ me too. anyone out there???

galoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2012, 01:13 PM   #85
thysrof
Registered Member

I recieved and installed mine 3 weeks ago. So far so good. The PAR is awsome well over 1000 at the water surface and I have my fixture 16"'s off the water. Im running 250 watt bulbs. You can run 400 watt bulbs off the same balast.

The fixture only comes with the hanging option. I have mine hanging above my 48" long rimless. it really looks great there is only one cord going from the ballast to the fixture. Where my previous hood had 4 cords. Great look on the rimless

The only knock on it is the fans are pretty loud. I have high CFM fans.Jeremy from CoralVue shipped me new lower CFM fans at no cost. I would reccomend ordering the fixture with the lower CFM fans installed.I haven't installed the new fans yet. You will want to run some kind of small fan(s) across the top of the tank to keep tank temp down. I installed the Aqua World 4 fan unit and it's working great.

The reference to the high cost of the fixture is legitimate,but good reflectors and quality electronic ballasts are expensive. I believe the product warrants the price. You actually could spend quite a bit more. I looked at the Sfiglio fixtures and they are a lot more expensive. I have a friend that put together this type of light configuration together and mounted everything himself and he spent well over $1000 with no fixture included.

I am also curious why no one else has posted their experience with the fixture. It's been out for over a year and Mike at Reef Specialty said he sold a lot of the fixtures.

thysrof is offline   Reply With Quote