Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/10/2012, 02:57 PM   #1
JmartWI
Registered Member

Attaching yumas?

Hey guys, is there any better way to get a Yuma to attach to a rock? I've had mine in a shallow glass dish with three stones in there for about two weeks now, and I'm admittedly starting to get antsy. After two weeks, I assumed enough time passed for it to latch on to something, but I tried to place it today, and it's still barely on anything at all, the slightest nudge knocked it off. Am I just being too impatient? How long does this usually take? This yuma opens up and closes just fine, and looks like it's healthy, but it just doesn't want to get a grip. Any advice? A small glass dish with netting around it really looks butt ugly in a 10g tank... Perhaps I should consider a secondary tank for quarantine/fragging...

JmartWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2012, 05:38 PM   #2
philosophile
Registered Member

Take the sand out. Add more rubble in. What kind of flow is the dish being placed in? It looks like a really shallow dish. So I would want it in a place with REALLY low flow.

I usually use a small salsa jar when I'm attaching shrooms like this