Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > The Filter Guys
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/20/2012, 02:17 PM   #1
davew0670
Registered Member

$13.25

$13.25 to ship a 1/4 of a pound of gfo from the central to the eastern time zone. Nothing gets me more irritated than bragging about low prices and then gouging on shipping.

Old 04/21/2012, 08:58 PM   #2
James77
Registered Member

Maybe take the effort to go directly to the shipping carrier they use and get a quote to ship from their zip to yours?....see how far off it is

I ordered from thefilterguys many times. I have had them on a couple occasions partially refund shipping costs when the amount that was automatically calculated truned out to be too much. To imply they gouge and make a buck on shipping is silly at best.

Current Tank Info: 120g SPS and 75g Planted
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2012, 10:08 PM   #3
Thefilterguys
RC Sponsor

We do make excess shipping refunds and you would have gotten one if you had placed an order for only 1/4# of GFO.

Jim

Phone 218 724-8000

Current Tank Info: 40 OCEANIC STRETCH HEX FRESH HEAVY PLANTED, 58 OCEANIC LPS, Monti’s ,Softy’s, 18 Nano Zoo’s , 11 Nano, 70 OCEANIC SPS New 200 Cube on the way
Thefilterguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2012, 11:12 PM   #4
Thefilterguys
RC Sponsor

Just so you know we do not run a weight based shipping system on small items. The final shipping on your 1/4# GFO order would have been $6 for 2 day shipping and a refund of $7.25 would have been sent back to your credit source. All of our orders are cost accounted at the time of shipping and we make every effort to get our customers the best shipping rate, unlike most companies we make excess shipping refunds. Sorry you feel like we would treat you unfairly.

Jim

Phone 218 724-8000

Current Tank Info: 40 OCEANIC STRETCH HEX FRESH HEAVY PLANTED, 58 OCEANIC LPS, Monti’s ,Softy’s, 18 Nano Zoo’s , 11 Nano, 70 OCEANIC SPS New 200 Cube on the way
Thefilterguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2012, 10:00 AM   #5
davew0670
Registered Member

Thank you for the explanation. Not sure if your website notes the shipping fee explantion and I just missed it. Unfortunatley, I ended up purchasing a pound from another vendor for just few dollars more when all was said and done. Would have liked to have tried the 1/4 lb high capacity gfo without committing to a full pound as with another vendor. Sorry for the rant and will visit on my next purchase.

Old 05/20/2012, 03:58 PM   #6
containerman1
Registered Member

order

I received a credit on partial freight charge on a fairly large order and I was not even expecting it. I think that is good customer service.

containerman1 is offline   Reply With Quote