Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquatronica
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/20/2012, 01:51 AM   #1
Monolicious
Registered Member

Aquatronica Ethernet Module Help

Hi Guys,

I am needing help to acces my Aquatronica Ethernet Module from outside my LAN.

I am able to access the device from within my LAN and using Aquastats but as soon as I get a mate to try and access it or try to get access with my phone I can't connect.

I have set up a Dyndns account and given my host the Modules IP Address 10.0.0.4

I then set up these setting withing my router (Netcomm 3G9wb) still nothing.

I have tried to port foward using port 8080 with the devices IP and still nothing.

I can set up port fowarding on port 80

What else could it be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to be able to see things working when I go on Holidays....

Regards

Peter

Monolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2012, 04:29 AM   #2
AQT
Registered Member

that's very strange... all setting you made are ok and I don't understand what the problem could be. I've forwarded youe post to an Aquatronica's engineer and I'm waiting his reply. I'll be back to you on this matter soon.
Davide

AQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2012, 05:40 AM   #3
Monolicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQT View Post
that's very strange... all setting you made are ok and I don't understand what the problem could be. I've forwarded youe post to an Aquatronica's engineer and I'm waiting his reply. I'll be back to you on this matter soon.
Davide
Greatly Appreciated Davide

Old 04/26/2012, 03:46 AM   #4
AQT
Registered Member

well Peter, I've checked with our engineers and it's not easy to understand the problem with the info you gave me.
Please, send me the setting's screenshot of the Ethernet module and of your router.
With these info they could understand better where the problem or the mistake is.

Thanks
Davide

Old 04/26/2012, 05:00 AM   #5
Monolicious
Registered Member

Hi Davide,

As I said I have set up a Dyndns Account with my Zone Hostname assigned to routers WAN IP Address, I have also set up 2 Hostnames assigned to the Aquatronica Ethernet controllers IP Adress.

I have also set up the routers settings for the Dyn account as shown below and have set up port Fowarding also.

Whenever I try to go to my Zone Hostname that is assigned to my routers WAN IP Adress I get the log in screen to the router rather than the Aquatronica Controllers Ethernet Device.

As I said earlier I can access the Aquatronica ethernet device through my local Lan and by using Aquastats but not from outside the house or through the internet

Old 05/04/2012, 03:53 AM   #6
AQT
Registered Member

hi!! sorry for the delay in my reply but here the time is running so fast..! Maybe too busy?!! :-)
Discussing ans showing your setting to an engineer here in Aquatronica, we think there is something wrong in the router. Please, try to change the setting of the port and use the 8084 in the Ethernet Module instead of the 8080 and open the same port 8084 in your router.
Thanks
Davide