Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Air, Water & Ice
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/05/2012, 11:16 PM   #1
artkwan
Registered Member

AWI Tyhoon III questions about TDS meter

To the powers that be, at Air Water Ice -

I bought and received your typhoon III extreme package, and it was shipped without any visible damage – awesome!

This last weekend, I fired up the unit for the first time. I was able to make quite a bit of RODI water, running the unit at approximately 60-62 PSI based upon the gauge that was installed on the unit. I noticed that that meter reads 5 “before” and 1 ”after”. Is this normal? Is it not supposed to read zero by the time it has come out of the deionized portion of the unit? Also sometimes the LED light is green, and sometimes it is red?

Also, there is another TDS / alarm meter that was part of the whole setup, that was connected but was still in a white box, when I unpackaged it. I cannot seem to get t to turn on when I push the button. I also went and changed out the batteries to Duracell, but they still do not work?

Would you be able to give me some guidance?

i also sent an e-mail to your company.

Thank you so much!!

Arthur

Current Tank Info: Previous 39 gallon corner, now running an in-wall...
artkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Tamw1se
Registered Member

I would like to see the response to this question also. I recently purchased this unit also.

Current Tank Info: Biocube 29 and 210 G Oceanic
Tamw1se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2012, 12:58 AM   #3
Boboli
Registered Member

I have the same issue with the alternate tds box not working!

Boboli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/2012, 04:36 PM   #4
cwhfsr
Registered Member

I have been using one of these units for over a year now. On my TDS I read about 3 in and 0 out. You should be reading 0 out. Did you flush the system when you set it up? I flushed for a good hour long (with the bypass valve at the top near the DI filter).

As to the alarm, I have it set up but haven't ever heard it go off.

I would love to know how to set up an on-off valve that turns the entire system off. I can get it to stop filling my tank but the waist water keeps going...

cwhfsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/2012, 05:24 PM   #5
artkwan
Registered Member

I have been away for a while, but the problem did resolve itself. I did not do an initial flush as recommended. My TDS ranges anywhere from 4-9 at initial startup, but when running for about a minute, it is 1 or 2 going in, and 0 coming out.

As far as the alarm, the person at AWI had mentioned that the alarm is not supposed to go off screaming unless there is something wrong with the water quality.

Last of all, my unit comes with an autoshutoff valve (ASOV), that shuts down the system, when RO or DI water is not needed, preventing waste water from being generated, when the tank is full.

Hope this helps. AWI, and many other vendors sell ASOV that you can install inline with you system.

Old 06/02/2012, 02:22 PM   #6
Goldcoastreefs
Registered Member

Hello guys, I am a distributor for AWI and am very familiar with their units, please let me know if any of you have any questions. As for the TDS reading a little high, as mentioned you must flush the filters with the DI bypass open and Fast flush Valve open when you purchase a new unit. The new membrane has preservatives on it and must be flushed before initial use. Also if you don't use the unit for 3 or more days it is good to flush the unit for a few minutes before using this will prolong the life of your DI.

Goldcoastreefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2012, 11:33 PM   #7
artkwan
Registered Member

I have a question about the Aquatec pump. It is used in conjuction with my Extreme Typhoon III. My normal water pressure coming out of the faucet is around 40 PSI. However, when I route the water straight into the pump before the water gets to the Typhoon, the pressure drops to around 15, and when I turn the pump on, it rises back to around 40 to 43, as measured by the gauge on the RODI unit. What is possibly happening?

Thanks!