Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Pacific Sun LED Lighting Systems - USA
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/22/2012, 11:03 AM   #151
Rotknee
Registered Member

Can't we add optics?

Wow...I thought the numbers would have been different...especially at 12 and 18 inches. I also thought the Metis PAR numbers would have been closer to those posted by some of the Radion owners. Ultimately, I'll judge the light based upon how well it grows corals.

Time will tell...

Steve, thanks for posting these numbers.

Old 04/22/2012, 11:18 AM   #152
PacificSun_eu
Moved On

Hello,
You should remember, that our lamps have MUCH wider light beam than Radion. And we can guarantee - that this numbers(even on the 24") are enought for corals growth - of course if other water parameters are ok.
This wider spread protect corals against bleaching - many aquarists looks only for numbers.. Numbers,numbers, numbers... AI utilize only 70W and have much higher PAR than Radion.. But - it will bleach your corals and they will have no chance to survive..
Please remember - that our company is also marine live animals/corals importer/wholesaler.. On September last year we spent two weeks on Bali farms(on South and North coast - near Candidasa - on our coral partner farm) - and we did many light measurments - spectrum readings, PAR readings - in diffrent depths - up to 2.4m. Based on this measurments - we can gurantee, that in next firmware/software upgrade(actually works ar e in progress) there will Natural Bali Sun program - which will simulate(almost in 95%) PAR readings in diffrent time periods during the day...
We have did almost 170 measurments - in diffrent day time, on diffrent weathers(cloudy days,sunny days) - and this data will give us possibilities - to create perfect simulation program for our lamps.. Of course - its not possible to simulate THE SAME llight colour like natural sun - but based on this data - we can simulate the same light intensity changes... This measurments was did every 15 minutes - depth 1m and 2m - between 6am and 6pm.
Im sure - that nothing similar is/will be avalaible offered by other manufacturer..

Regards

Przemyslaw Cybulski
Pacific Sun EU

Last edited by PacificSun_eu; 04/22/2012 at 11:34 AM.
PacificSun_eu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2012, 11:22 AM   #153
larryfl1
Registered Member

i came from having the AI leds with lenses...

i can honestly say in running these hyperions for a month now...none of my corals are deprived for light...

i think we all obsess on par but in reality its how the corals look and grow.... I'm not really sure how well the par meters do with all these different spectrums...

in my case going from AI's which as we all know can be intense due to the lenses.... to hyperions has been a positive move for all corals in the tank..

is the par off the scale...i guess not..but are my corals growing and looking good...definitely yes...

and to the eye..the colors spectrums are really nice...

Larry

larryfl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2012, 12:30 PM   #154
SPotter
Registered Member

I agree with Przemyslaw. My numbers are not meant to be dead on accurate as my hand was moving, one of my power heads was one and there are so many other variables that could skew the numbers. I did the readings more out of curiosity than anything else. I believe that leds will grow coral and the hyperions will do it better than any other fixture out there because of the uniform spread they throw off. I am really blown away by the how much the numbers jump when I turn on the 4 t5's with my fixture.

Current Tank Info: Should be running by 5/2014 96x36x24 Envision Acylic Tank, 2 x Derkroon Flowwolf Closed Loop, 2 x Dolphin Diamond Amp Master 4750, 3x250w mh cozumel reflectors, ATB 10.5 skimmer
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2012, 12:41 PM   #155
Meaty24
Registered Member

I am a new Hyperion Owner - my impressions

I bought the 65 inch Hyperion and have had it running for the past week of so. I have to tell you, this is one awesome light. I can not yet opine on coral growth because I just set up the light, but the amount of control you have over the light and colors is great.

For me, one of the most important things was to have a light that does not heat up my room. This unit barely puts off any heat whatsoever. If heat is a concern for you, you will love the light.

Set up was very easy and almost self-explanatory. You can probably have it up and running in 30 minutes.

Yorgos at Pacific Sun was very informative, knowledgeable and helpful.

If you are looking for a LED, I strongly recommend Pacific Sun and Yorgos.

Also, if anyone in Manhattan is looking for reasonably priced corals and willing to pick up in Manhattan, send me a message and we can chat. I can get great stuff.

-Mitch

Meaty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2012, 12:43 PM   #156
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty24 View Post
I bought the 65 inch Hyperion and have had it running for the past week of so. I have to tell you, this is one awesome light. I can not yet opine on coral growth because I just set up the light, but the amount of control you have over the light and colors is great.

For me, one of the most important things was to have a light that does not heat up my room. This unit barely puts off any heat whatsoever. If heat is a concern for you, you will love the light.

Set up was very easy and almost self-explanatory. You can probably have it up and running in 30 minutes.

Yorgos at Pacific Sun was very informative, knowledgeable and helpful.

If you are looking for a LED, I strongly recommend Pacific Sun and Yorgos.

Also, if anyone in Manhattan is looking for reasonably priced corals and willing to pick up in Manhattan, send me a message and we can chat. I can get great stuff.

-Mitch
Mitch,
I will be sending you a pm since I work at 40th and park so I am sure I can find my way over to you

Current Tank Info: Should be running by 5/2014 96x36x24 Envision Acylic Tank, 2 x Derkroon Flowwolf Closed Loop, 2 x Dolphin Diamond Amp Master 4750, 3x250w mh cozumel reflectors, ATB 10.5 skimmer
Old 04/22/2012, 12:43 PM   #157
Meaty24
Registered Member

Here are a few pictures of the new light

Enjoy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PAC SUN1.JPG (36.7 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg PAC SUN2.jpg (94.3 KB, 81 views)
Meaty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2012, 02:21 PM   #158
IAO-Pacific Sun USA
Registered Member

Mitch,

Thanks for posting these pics. I have been waiting to see your reef. Looks great.

IAO-Pacific Sun USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2012, 02:57 PM   #159
Rotknee
Registered Member

Questions for Pacific Sun

Przemyslam thank you for posting your remarks. I whole wholeheartedly agree with your comments regarding the Metis and its superior light spectrum. I upgraded from my Ai LEDís for this very reason. Interpreting PAR values and exactly what they mean with respect to coral growth and coloration is one of the most debated topics in the hobby right now and I do I want to see this thread degrade to that type of discussion. Given your experience I think we would both agree that much more is involved with respect to bleaching corals than simply a powerful LED light.

I also want to note how pleased and excited I am with your research in Candidasa. I doubt any other manufacturer is willing to go to such extremes. Like most here, I am anxiously awaiting the next software upgrade such that we can fully capitalize on the power of the lamp.

As the manufacturer of the lamp and a coral importer, how do we best exploit the advantages of the Metis Hyperion now? Can you share a PAR table setting or make some suggestions as to how we can best use the lamp based upon your experience with it?

I did the research and picked this lamp for the features I believed it offers above and beyond the competition. In addition, there is no one more qualified to share how it should be best be used other than yourself. Anything you could offer would be much appreciated.

Old 05/02/2012, 07:04 PM   #160
SPotter
Registered Member

moved some corals in finally

Here are a few shots taken with my dslr...need to get a steadier hand on some of them and start looking for a macro lens. Pictures were taken under led only with whites set at 25% intensity and all other colors at 45% intensity.

Enjoy......

Old 05/02/2012, 07:06 PM   #161
IAO-Pacific Sun USA
Registered Member

very nice...thank you Steve

IAO-Pacific Sun USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/03/2012, 06:11 AM   #162
SPotter
Registered Member

One more under the moonlight phase @ 15% intensity. I took this one with my cell phone

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05/03/2012, 11:49 AM   #163
mrDarekB30
Registered Member

Welcome
It's been four months since the installation of my aquarium lights
Pandora 3x150W + 4x54W T5 LED, so it is time for a short summary of her work

Aquarium Parameters:

Aquarium of course, has changed over the 4 months,
coral growth is greater than ever, the colors become more saturated
Montipory and Seriatopory just grow in the eyes

also last week for the advice of Krzysztof Tryc
( http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month )
fluorescent mentioned on:
Manufacturer: Fauna Marin
T5 fluorescent, color temperature of 24 000K, a perfect blend of blue light aktyniki, created primarily for LPS corals - enhances their brilliance and color highlights.

Anyway, see for yourself how it looks now

Current Tank Info: 500 l
mrDarekB30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/03/2012, 02:12 PM   #164
mrDarekB30
Registered Member

http://youtu.be/YzXXL_tE1ec?hd=1

Old 05/03/2012, 06:38 PM   #165
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrDarekB30 View Post
Awesome looking tank!!!!! What are the dimensions of your tank? I have tunze 6305's on mine and they are way too strong so I am looking at going smaller.

Old 05/03/2012, 10:25 PM   #166
mrDarekB30
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPotter View Post
Awesome looking tank!!!!! What are the dimensions of your tank? I have tunze 6305's on mine and they are way too strong so I am looking at going smaller.
aquarium has dimensions of 150 x 70 x 60 h cm
pump 4 pcs - Tunze 6095
2 x 6105 but proved too strong: (

Old 05/31/2012, 05:41 PM   #167
Kaporeef
Registered Member

I received my Hyperion R2 yesterday and must say that I am very happy with what I am seeing right now. The fixture is built like a tank and is nice and low profile. I have only had the lights on for a few minutes because I am still finishing the stand for my new 90 gallon soon-to-be reef. Big shout out to Yorgos at Imagine an Ocean for his help and advice with this whole build process, and his excellent packaging for shipment..everything arrived safely! Very excited to see this light on with some corals underneath it!!

-Nick

Kaporeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2012, 07:12 PM   #168
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaporeef View Post
I received my Hyperion R2 yesterday and must say that I am very happy with what I am seeing right now. The fixture is built like a tank and is nice and low profile. I have only had the lights on for a few minutes because I am still finishing the stand for my new 90 gallon soon-to-be reef. Big shout out to Yorgos at Imagine an Ocean for his help and advice with this whole build process, and his excellent packaging for shipment..everything arrived safely! Very excited to see this light on with some corals underneath it!!

-Nick
Welcome to the club Nick and congratulations on your decision to buy the industries best light!!! Just be careful when acclimating the corals under the new light. Start off with a lower intensity and ramp it up weekly. Your corals will thank you for it.

Old 06/02/2012, 12:48 PM   #169
Kaporeef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPotter View Post
Welcome to the club Nick and congratulations on your decision to buy the industries best light!!! Just be careful when acclimating the corals under the new light. Start off with a lower intensity and ramp it up weekly. Your corals will thank you for it.
Thank you, i'm very happy with my decision now that I have these lights in my possession. I'll be sure to use great care while acclimating my corals, last thing I want is to burn a few hundred dollars worth of frags.

Kaporeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2012, 09:55 AM   #170
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaporeef View Post
Thank you, i'm very happy with my decision now that I have these lights in my possession. I'll be sure to use great care while acclimating my corals, last thing I want is to burn a few hundred dollars worth of frags.
Be sure to post some pictures when you get a chance.

Old 06/10/2012, 04:59 AM   #171
spellen
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirez View Post
After just a day Pacific gave me instructions to reset lamp. Want to thank you guys for solving the problem so fast! Good to know service is top notch!

After using a better and newer computer for uploading firmware all is working extremely well!

The light is really powerful, I will post some pics soon!

Let the competition for the most beautiful sunset and sunrise par-table settings begin! J
Hello I have the same problem as you.

Can you tell what did you do, for upgrade firmware?

How to reset lamp?

spellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2012, 12:45 PM   #172
Pacific Sun RD
Przemek Cybulski

Hello,
If it still not fixed - please email Luke - [email protected]
He will be able to send it to you today evening - I was calling him right now(and he confirmed that)
Thanks!

Regards

Przemek

Pacific Sun RD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2012, 01:12 PM   #173
spellen
Registered Member

Thank you, I`m waiting for response.

Old 06/10/2012, 03:06 PM   #174
spellen
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellen View Post
Thank you, I`m waiting for response.
Luke helped me! My lighting now is working! Thanks again for quick resolve.

Old 06/12/2012, 06:54 AM   #175
Pacific Sun RD
Przemek Cybulski

You're welcome

Regards

Przemek

Pacific Sun RD is online now   Reply With Quote