Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/03/2013, 02:19 AM   #1
chercm
Registered Member

anyone tried to using Jebo WP40?

seems like Tunze and Vortech performance , any one have any review ?

http://www.fish-street.com/jebo_wp-40_13000l_wave_maker

Editor Review : Testing with Jebo WP-40, silent than the Vortech MP40, and the flow stream is simliar. And the Magnet Mount can 360Degree rotation, better fixed bracket with the Vortech MP-40. Night sensor is a GIFT, will affect by high output HQI. Compare with the price is 1st choice for budget use

Feature

Easy installation and maintenace, fixed with magnetic suction
6 Different Mode. Max 13000L / 4300L / 6500L / 3 type of Reef Stream Mode(Similar Vortech function) Feed Mode / Night Mode Include
Direction of wave can be arbitrary rotation 360
High performance, powerful water flow and low energy consumption
Adopt warproof ceramic shaft can be used in long time
Intelligent control system, can covert various wave patterns
Low voltage operation, safe and reliable 24V 12W to 40W Power
Suitable for Fresh and Marine water use
Mode

H: Maximum flow fixed-made stream mode (13000L)

L: 1/3 of the maximum flow fixed flow made ​​to flow mode (4300L)

W1: classic mode of making waves (Wavebox Function)

Different type of the tank need to apply different type of the setting:
Adustable the controller on the wavelength is sameas the Tank Size(Long), when the Wave same as the Tank Length is suitable. Revise the clockware button as you need to reduce the wave. When change the setting require at least 10mins to verify if you change the controller button. Watch and try to adjust the best wavelength on your tank

W2,W3(Reef Stream Mode with Adjsutable): ordinary fixed program made ​​stream made ​​wave mode;
This two modes by means of the knob to change the the fixed program's effect, need to be adjusted according to the creatures in the water

W3(Reef Stream Mode): Indefinite program cause stream made ​​wave mode;
According to the aquatic adjustment knob to change indefinite program effects;

Feeding Mode : Press the "FEED" button once, "10min" (blue lights) stop the wavemaker after 10 minutes made ​​waves pump start again. Or direct press the Feed button to back to Normal

Lock knob parameters function: long press the "FEED" key until the "LOCK" red indicator light already locked knob parameter adjustment knob does not change the wave shape. The purpose is to prevent wave after a good tune(Save setting), inadvertently knob again to change the wave-shaped. To unlock to tune waves, long press the "FEED" key until the red indicator light is off you can;

Night Mode (Add one function): It's have a sensor on the controller. When you connection to the night sensor on the controller, it will Add on night mode function

When it dark detect with sensor, it will slow down all the stream on the controller mode function, with a half of the power operation.

The Night Mode add in new function not include on the warranty if the sensor damage(it will affect or damage with the high output of the HQI/ LED system.)
Power 110V to 240V 50/60Hz
Watt: 12W to 40W on different mode (Max 13000L)
Size : 9.4cm x 12cm
EU / UK / AU / US Pin Provides
Power Cable 160cm Long(Extenable), Pump to controller cable for 190cm Long
Jebo WP-40 Compare with Vortech MP-40 Pump

chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2013, 04:58 AM   #2
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

I don't know this pump, but if it works, it sure is a nice cheap alternative to the million dollar Vortechs, even at $85 ea plus $20 ea for shipping (no volume discount on shipping). I had a 2400gph Jebao as my sump return pump and it ran fine for about 3 years before I swithed up to a Little Giant 3600gph. The Jebo is still on the shelf as a backup.

I readily admit I'm not very up on the Vortech or other wave maker systems since I have a CL system using an OM4 and OM Revolution heads. So how well does this pump, at $105 delivered, compare to other products out there?

Last edited by Ron Reefman; 02/03/2013 at 05:58 AM.
Ron Reefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2013, 08:45 AM   #3
symon_say
Registered Member

It's more a tunze than vortech, but if is somewhat reliable it probably worth more than tunze or vortech.

ICH is overrated...

Current Tank Info: Designing a 200G
symon_say is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2013, 09:08 AM   #4
mcgyvr
Registered Member

I hope their quality/function is better than their ability to construct an "English" sentence.

Unread 02/03/2013, 09:58 AM   #5
symon_say
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post
I hope their quality/function is better than their ability to construct an "English" sentence.
Probably a translation from their original language.

ICH is overrated...

Unread 02/03/2013, 10:30 AM   #6
asonitez
Floodicus Maximus Flooris

Regret...

I hear a lot of people regretting that 450 dollar Vortech right now..

Cheaper than A Tunze and Vortech with almost the same functionality.... lol.

asonitez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2013, 10:33 AM   #7
barry_keith
Moved On

I'm about to order one. Ill return it if it's no good.

barry_keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2013, 06:07 AM   #8
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry_keith View Post
I'm about to order one. Ill return it if it's no good.
Barry, I don't know what country you are in, but from the US a return of this pump will cost you $20+ in shipping. If anybody gets one of these, please tell us what you think of it. I'm seriously considering it to supliment the flow in my 180g DT.

Unread 02/04/2013, 11:22 AM   #9
cody6766
Super Best Friends!

I don't think its basic function will be an issue, but its long term function could be suspect. I do look forward to seeing what people say about it in the long run. Hopefully it's a worthy addition to a nice tank.

Current Tank Info: Cadlights 60G Arisan II mixed reef with 2x MP40s and 24" ATI
cody6766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2013, 11:38 AM   #10
sirreal63
Go Spurs Go!!!

Odyssea was Jebo before the bad reputation in this country caused the name change, and I agree with Cody, it will work as long as it works and I would not expect the same level of support or longevity as with a Tunze.

No One has ever been seriously injured by using the search function.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Current Tank Info: Reefing the Pentagon.
sirreal63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2013, 01:11 PM   #11
iced98lx
Registered Member

I'd like to see the controller broke open to see if it can be rigged to be controlled via controller. I can create a flow map and use a vortech to replicate it right now, if I can control this with an arduino type platform could get a look from me.

iced98lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2013, 10:20 PM   #12
barry_keith
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
Barry, I don't know what country you are in, but from the US a return of this pump will cost you $20+ in shipping. If anybody gets one of these, please tell us what you think of it. I'm seriously considering it to supliment the flow in my 180g DT.

I'm in the US too, that didn't even cross my mind. I'd still like to give it a shot for the $111 bucks shipped.

I found another forum where a few people have them, and they are all pleased.

I'll post a review when mine arrives.

barry_keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2013, 11:58 PM   #13
Dexters Reef
Registered Member

Looking forward to hearing the review! This might save me from buying a second mp40...I would like to be able to have 2 mp40s wirelessly synced, but for the price savings I think this would be a practical alternative.

I too found another forum review that had several happy owners of it

Unread 02/05/2013, 04:55 AM   #14
Saltydog2
Registered Member

Ordered one tonight...will report back on shipping time and performance.

Saltydog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 05:45 AM   #15
chercm
Registered Member

now it seem reliability will be the question .

chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 03:03 PM   #16
Bigcefa
Registered Member

Pretty good find, I just can't understand and dam sentence they write in describing the functions but like stated it will come down to reliability

Bigcefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 06:05 PM   #17
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcefa View Post
Pretty good find, I just can't understand and dam sentence they write in describing the functions but like stated it will come down to reliability
It's not that hard, come on...

But then I got lots of experience doing a group buy of 24 custom led lights from EverGrow in China. Every email is like that. But on the other hand, they answered ever email promptly and gave great customer service. There are companys in the US that could learn from them!

Unread 02/05/2013, 06:15 PM   #18
SimonSKL
Registered Member

I too am excited about seeing some competition and lower cost alternative to Vortech and Tunze. I did a little google search and found a Chinese forum reviewing this very pump. Here are some pictures which may give you some additional info.

Size comparison

This light sensor is included with the pump which gives you the night mode when plugged into the controller. This is the part that will not be under warranty if damaged.

You can see where the light sensor is plugged in

From the discussion on the forum the reviewer said in complete and total darkness, the pump stops but in dim light setting, the pump goes into night mode running in low power setting.

While the reviewer seemed to be pleased with the overall build, wave making ability, and quietness of the pump but one major difficiency is the lack of control on the strength of the current. The control knob only controls the frequency between on and off of the pump in W1 mode and the time interval between steady and pulse in ELSE mode.

I am looking forward to hearing more from those who have ordered this pump.

Mixed LPS and SPS corals
Camera - Canon T2i with EF100mm 2.8f USM macro lens

Current Tank Info: AG 92g corner tank and Marineland 125g, RKE controllers, Maxspect and Eshine LEDs, MP40WES, Jebo WP40 & WP25
SimonSKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 07:08 PM   #19
Saltydog2
Registered Member

Some days I wonder about those of us that were born and raised here, speaking English...as I subscribed to this thread I was informed "subscriptions (1 threads)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post

Saltydog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 09:27 PM   #20
SimonSKL
Registered Member

I agree the English translation of the product has a lot of room for improvement especially if they want to market this internationally. I am surprised given so many Chinese students are studying in universities in U.S. that they could have found one to put together a decent description. May be they used Google Translate for the task. Anyway, any new product will have to go through the cycle of launching a new product. Think about the Boeing 787.

Mixed LPS and SPS corals

Current Tank Info: AG 92g corner tank and Marineland 125g, RKE controllers, Maxspect and Eshine LEDs, MP40WES, Jebo WP40 & WP25
Unread 02/06/2013, 09:33 PM   #21
symon_say
Registered Member

Any updates??

ICH is overrated...

Unread 02/07/2013, 12:01 AM   #22
SimonSKL
Registered Member

Not a whole lot in updates. I visited several international reef forums from Greece, Germany, Spain, South Africa, and Singapore. All wanting to know more about this pump. Singapore forum seemed to have a few individuals just purchased this unit. They seemed to be pleased with the power and flow but it is too early to tell about durability. They also mentioned a smaller version WP25 will be coming up after the Chinese New Year at about half the price.

Mixed LPS and SPS corals

Unread 02/07/2013, 06:15 AM   #23
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Yesterday I ordered a wp40 and a couple of other items from fish-street. They got back to me quickly to confirm the order. They also got back to me a 2nd time to let me know they were refunding some of my payment because an electrical item I ordered is 220v and would need special service in the US. They could just as easily have sent the very inexpensive switch and have me ticked off when I got it as it wouldn't work (well, it could, but hardly worth the effort) and it would be too cheap to send back for a refund. So at least they are honest and fair (so far). And this morning my order is already been shipped!

There is a wp25 coming some time in the next month or 2. I only got one wp40 to check out the quality. If it's good, I'll probably order a 2nd and maybe a wp25 for my anemone and QT tanks... maybe even the frag tank... hmmmm.

Unread 02/07/2013, 07:00 AM   #24
SimonSKL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
Yesterday I ordered a wp40 and a couple of other items from fish-street. They got back to me quickly to confirm the order. They also got back to me a 2nd time to let me know they were refunding some of my payment because an electrical item I ordered is 220v and would need special service in the US. They could just as easily have sent the very inexpensive switch and have me ticked off when I got it as it wouldn't work (well, it could, but hardly worth the effort) and it would be too cheap to send back for a refund. So at least they are honest and fair (so far). And this morning my order is already been shipped!

There is a wp25 coming some time in the next month or 2. I only got one wp40 to check out the quality. If it's good, I'll probably order a 2nd and maybe a wp25 for my anemone and QT tanks... maybe even the frag tank... hmmmm.
This is an excellent point about ordering anything electrical outside the U.S. Almost every continent of the world except North American is using 220v. You can't assume the person who puts in your order at the other end knows what voltage you use.

Looking forward to your review once you received your unit. My biggest concern remains the lack of adjustment of the current intensity. I have two MP40WES in my 125g and I run them at 60% intensity. At 100%, it would be too strong and too noisy for my room. If the current in the WP40 cannot be adjusted, it may be a deal breaker for me.

Mixed LPS and SPS corals

Unread 02/07/2013, 08:26 AM   #25
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Simon and all,

As soon as it arives I'll post up pics and get it installed. I have already moved some mag rocks on the side glass to make room for it! The specs say 13,000Lph which is 3400gph. That's a lot... even more than an MP40. The other modes are 1710gph and 1130gph. They are kind of vague on details in the ads and even in the instructions (I found an set in english on a Singapore website).

Ron

Tags
buy a tunze, haters gonna hate, jeabo, jebao, jebo, mp40, wave maker, wp40