Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Reef Breeders LEDs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/09/2013, 12:11 PM   #26
SloppyWhenWet
Registered Member

Thing is the optics. At least every row gives you a lot of LEDs and covers a good area. Eco tech optics spread so well. The single shot Leds don't do justice. If evergrow or reef breeders are listening try to create a wicked design optic for spread. For the cost its great allow many custom options. For me radion pro is hard to beat.

SloppyWhenWet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2013, 12:24 PM   #27
Huntor0
Registered Member

I have been excited about this light since I read about it a few months back. I am just being patient until release date and more details are available. I plan on replacing 3 Radion G1 with these.

Huntor0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2013, 10:18 AM   #28
albano
SALTWATER since '73

Quote:
I would hate to order my leds and then regret it because the new ones are so much better
Quote:
I really would like to see photos and reviews otherwise im gonna have to buy a Radion for my Apex. Can't wait on this build forever.
Quote:
are they coming or greater delay.. lets keep it real as i want to move ahead... just need a realistic time line...
+1!!!!
I'm really worried that the nuclear threat from North Korea will delay these lights! Have you contacted the Pentagon to tell them how important the SUPERNOVA is to the hobby?

Jan. '11 TOTM Manhattan Reefs

Current Tank Info: 450g DT/700g reef system
albano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2013, 10:06 AM   #29
Ben Nicholls
Registered Member

Darn, the Reefbreeders web site updated the Supernova info to say "pre-orders in fall of 2013". Looks like they are no longer due to come out before I need to buy new MH bulbs and I really wanted to get rid of the MH heat before summer kicks in. I guess it is Photons for me.

Ben Nicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2013, 10:03 AM   #30
higorc
Higor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef_Breeders View Post
They will work great. We are working on a connection system and rolling sunset with multiple units.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artkwan View Post
Yeee...hahhhh...

Same here. Kind of excited to see these fixture...

Higor

:.Mixed Reef
~Higor~

Current Tank Info: Mixed Reef Tank
higorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2013, 04:57 PM   #31
Reef_Breeders
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Nicholls View Post
Darn, the Reefbreeders web site updated the Supernova info to say "pre-orders in fall of 2013". Looks like they are no longer due to come out before I need to buy new MH bulbs and I really wanted to get rid of the MH heat before summer kicks in. I guess it is Photons for me.
Sorry, it takes time to get them engineered. A sneak peak will be revealed this summer.

Reef Breeders LLC
Reef_Breeders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2013, 10:21 AM   #32
Ben Nicholls
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry, it takes time to get them engineered. A sneak peak will be revealed this summer.
No problem. It is better to release a well thought out working product late, then a buggy one quickly.

Ben Nicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2013, 04:50 AM   #33
higorc
Higor

Quote:
I honestly can't wait for this light to be out... Have had my Sols with T5 supps for over a year now and everything is doing great.

I had them in a closed canopy on my 72G, now they are in an open floating canopy over my 120G and the light spill from the T5s is ****ing off my wife (and bothering my projector! )

I love when just my Sols are on, there is vertually no light spillage. Making a long story short, I want to go back to an "all LED" light set up. I have a friend who has the Photom series from you guys and he loves it.

I am trying to avoid droping $2Gs on a Pacific Sun, AI or Radions and the Super Nova sounds PRETTY GOOD!

Can't wait to see this fixture finished and ready to go!

Higor

:.Mixed Reef
~Higor~

Current Tank Info: Mixed Reef Tank
higorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2017, 10:02 AM   #34
RegalAngel
Registered Member

Quote:

http://aquanerd.com/2014/08/reefbree...supernova.html

This was shown in August 2014, BUT the web page still shows (Coming Soon)?

What's UP?

RegalAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2017, 10:06 AM   #35
Reef_Breeders
Sponsor

This product has been in development for over 3 years, it takes time and testing to release a truly exceptional product. Right now we have several units in beta testing.

Reef Breeders LLC
Old 03/21/2017, 11:22 AM   #36
RegalAngel
Registered Member

Do you have any comments related to the fixture shown in 2014 compared to the "beta" fixture you are testing now?

"The layout for the SuperNova is said to have taken several years of research and testing on multiple mature reef aquariums. This has also led to ReefBreeders avoiding cool white LEDs, which are persistent through the hobby, favoring to go with neutral whites due to their better coral coloration. Making up the rest of the LEDs are a “multitude of 430nm violets”, as well as other spectral specific diodes which will be announced more in detail once the product goes on pre-order. Another nice feature of the SuperNova is modularity. It is said that users can change the layout of the LEDs at will, including the LED color choices. So, if you want cool white LEDs, you can certainly use them in this fixture.

Besides those features, the SuperNova also has integrated drivers, which means fewer power cords and external distractions that just get in the way."

Old 08/01/2017, 09:16 AM   #37
RegalAngel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalAngel View Post
Do you have any comments related to the fixture shown in 2014 compared to the "beta" fixture you are testing now?

"The layout for the SuperNova is said to have taken several years of research and testing on multiple mature reef aquariums. This has also led to ReefBreeders avoiding cool white LEDs, which are persistent through the hobby, favoring to go with neutral whites due to their better coral coloration. Making up the rest of the LEDs are a “multitude of 430nm violets”, as well as other spectral specific diodes which will be announced more in detail once the product goes on pre-order. Another nice feature of the SuperNova is modularity. It is said that users can change the layout of the LEDs at will, including the LED color choices. So, if you want cool white LEDs, you can certainly use them in this fixture.

Besides those features, the SuperNova also has integrated drivers, which means fewer power cords and external distractions that just get in the way."

GONE!
https://www.reefbreeders.com/supernova/

Is the SuperNova dead?

Thought it was in beta testing? What happened?

Old 08/01/2017, 11:11 AM   #38
albano
SALTWATER since '73

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalAngel View Post
Is the SuperNova dead?
Was it ever alive?

Jan. '11 TOTM Manhattan Reefs

Current Tank Info: 450g DT/700g reef system
albano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2017, 11:15 AM   #39
RegalAngel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albano View Post
Was it ever alive?

Yes, in the "other Thread" that was deleted...it was stated by the owner that it was in beta testing!
and here above: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=35

What happened?

Last edited by RegalAngel; 08/01/2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08/01/2017, 10:18 PM   #40
Reef_Breeders
Sponsor

Sorry guys, the project was cancelled. Unfortunately it just became too expensive and was going to cost more to build these than they could sell for. Meanwhile, LED tech has continued to advance and the features that we planned on having 4 years ago just aren't as new as they used to be. For example, we now already have a light (the Aqua Helios) with individually replaceable LEDs. We have already added more channels and made our Photon lights significantly thinner, all of which were the main goals of this project.

We invested a significant amount of time and money into the SuperNova, but at the end of the day it just wasn't going to be as successful as our Photon V2 and Jebao offerings, so unfortunately the project had to be ended. It was a tough call but it was the right choice.

Instead we will continue focusing on improving our current product line. Right now there is other new stuff in the works, so stay tuned!

Reef Breeders LLC