Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Reef Breeders LEDs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/02/2017, 12:59 PM   #1
JimON
Registered Member

48" v2 programming question

I have my custom setup as the go to running program for each days use, and had not really messed around with it other than the original programming. The other day, I clicked through the other preset programs before the timer kicked on my custom thinking that it would default back to custom as long as the light was off. That was not the case, and the lights didn't come on. My question is, is there a way to go to the other preprogrammed setups, and then return back to the custom without clicking through save and return on that setup?

Current Tank Info: 90- Photon V2, Lifereef sump, fuge, and skimmer
JimON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2017, 05:33 AM   #2
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimON View Post
I have my custom setup as the go to running program for each days use, and had not really messed around with it other than the original programming. The other day, I clicked through the other preset programs before the timer kicked on my custom thinking that it would default back to custom as long as the light was off. That was not the case, and the lights didn't come on. My question is, is there a way to go to the other preprogrammed setups, and then return back to the custom without clicking through save and return on that setup?
When you say,"I have my custom setup as the go to running program for each days use..." What you mean is that you run the CUSTOM mode every day, right?

And when you say,"I clicked through the other preset programs before the timer kicked on my custom thinking that it would default back to custom as long as the light was off. That was not the case, and the lights didn't come on." What you mean is that you when through the other modes while the CUSTOM mode had the lights turned off and you stopped at one of the other preset modes (like CLOUDY). You left it in some other mode and expected that when it was time for the CUSTOM mode to turn the light on, that it would switch back to CUSTOM automatically?

And your question is,"...is there a way to go to the other preprogrammed setups, and then return back to the custom without clicking through save and return on that setup?" The answer is yes. Just scroll through the other modes until you get back to CUSTOM and then leave it there. The CUSTOM program you input to the light is still there and is still running. Once you get back to the CUSTOM setting it should run normally. The only time you should have to go to SAVE and RETURN is if you change any setting in the mode you are in.

Example: I set the MANUAL mode at 100% on both blue and the violet channels and 0 on white, red and green. When I did that I had to save and return just like when I set up the CUSTOM program. But from then on, all I have to do is scroll through until I get to MANUAL and the light is all blue, just the way I set it up. Then when I scroll the rest of the way to CUSTOM, the program I input is still there. No need to use save and return.

BTW, I set SUNNY as 100% everything, for PAR test purposes. I set CLOUDY as my CUSTOM mode's midday high so I could get to my most intense light in the CUSTOM mode for testing PAR when the CUSTOM mode is at some other level.

I hope that helps? But I have concerns that maybe I didn't properly understand your question?

Old 08/03/2017, 08:25 AM   #3
JimON
Registered Member

Hi Ron,
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I think you did get the jist of what I was asking. I will try it again tomorrow morning before the lights come on, and see if it does it. I don't think I left it on custom.... Thanks again for the answer, and I will let you know what happens tomorrow morning.

Old 08/04/2017, 04:31 AM   #4
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

You should be able to go through the various modes and end up back on custom any time of day. When you get back to custom it should always come on and be in whatever your program is for that time of day. Also, be sure that you have the clock set for the right time.

Old 08/05/2017, 10:26 AM   #5
Reef_Breeders
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimON View Post
Hi Ron,
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I think you did get the jist of what I was asking. I will try it again tomorrow morning before the lights come on, and see if it does it. I don't think I left it on custom.... Thanks again for the answer, and I will let you know what happens tomorrow morning.
If you leave the light in a manual mode, it will stay at whatever the manual mode is 24/7 until you tell the light to change. When you are the main screen, just press OK to cycle through modes until you are back in custom, and the light should be back on track!

Reef Breeders LLC
Reef_Breeders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2017, 03:05 PM   #6
JimON
Registered Member

Hey guys,
Sorry, forgot to come back to this. Yes, I got it figured out, thanks!