Reef Central Online Community
Premium Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Premium Aquatics
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 10/24/2017, 09:50 AM   #2951
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro3178 View Post
Came across this forum and wondered if someone could please give me some advice.

I have a bubble king 180 that I am having an issue with. I have came down three separate mornings now to find my skimmers water level as dropped all the way down with hardly any foam at all , if I turn off skimmer and turn back on it returns to normal operation with no other adjustments at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Post replied to in the Royal Exclusiv/Bubble King forum.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2017, 04:08 PM   #2952
Kinetic
Registered Member
 
Kinetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 7,724
Is there any news on the new Royal Exclusiv Micro skimmers?

http://bit.ly/2iF71FN

I'm looking for a good solution for my Red Sea Reefer 170, but most BK skimmers are way too oversized. This micro one might fit the bill.

I'm currently running a NYOS Quantum 120, but hoping for something quieter.


__________________
Portfolio: http://artchang.com

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 170
Kinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2017, 05:38 PM   #2953
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
Is there any news on the new Royal Exclusiv Micro skimmers?

http://bit.ly/2iF71FN

I'm looking for a good solution for my Red Sea Reefer 170, but most BK skimmers are way too oversized. This micro one might fit the bill.

I'm currently running a NYOS Quantum 120, but hoping for something quieter.
No word yet. Keep an eye on the Royal Exclusiv forum for official news.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2017, 06:01 PM   #2954
Kinetic
Registered Member
 
Kinetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 7,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
No word yet. Keep an eye on the Royal Exclusiv forum for official news.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745
Thanks slief!


__________________
Portfolio: http://artchang.com

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 170
Kinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 09:18 AM   #2955
sensei
Registered Member
 
sensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 571
slief,

I have a BK 250 SM Skimmer in my 600g system.
I have 30 fish now, 10 of them big tangs that produce a lot of waste.
I see that the skimmer has two pump ports at the base. one is used for the RD pump.
is it possible to conect a 2ndo pump to the same skimmer??
I would like to increase the efficiency of the skimmer and keep water more oxiganated?
I have seen some models with two pumps

I wish I woudl have bought the BK 300 SM but I did not.

please tell me what you think

thanks


__________________
470g DT SPS dominated (600g system) - five 400W MH , BK 250 SM Skimmer
150g mixed reef - XR15w Pro, 150g FOWLR tank - XR30w Pro
90 g Coral & Invert Fishless quarantine - XR15w Pro, 20g TTM Fish Qt
sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 10:10 AM   #2956
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
slief,

I have a BK 250 SM Skimmer in my 600g system.
I have 30 fish now, 10 of them big tangs that produce a lot of waste.
I see that the skimmer has two pump ports at the base. one is used for the RD pump.
is it possible to conect a 2ndo pump to the same skimmer??
I would like to increase the efficiency of the skimmer and keep water more oxiganated?
I have seen some models with two pumps

I wish I woudl have bought the BK 300 SM but I did not.

please tell me what you think

thanks
That skimmer is designed for a single pump. The 2nd port is there for people who need to relocate the pump for different sump configurations. Adding a 2nd pump will screw up the skimmers performance as it would decrease the contact time within the skimmer which would make it unbalanced and far less efficient. The bubbles would rise twice as fast and they would burst at the surface instead of creating better foam. There is no reason to do that either. I have the same skimmer on my system with over 70 fish. 10 of them are tangs are other fish that are well over 8" long. I feed very heavily and would assume I have a much heavier load than you do and I would never think about adding a 2nd pump. And for the record, the SM300 would most likely have been too large for your load. The SM250 could handle MUCH more than you are throwing at it. You aren't even close to the end of it's capacities. In fact, i wouldn't even run the SM300 on my system becaue I don't feel I have a heavy enough load to keep it consistent without having to run it really wet. You have to realize these skimmers are very conservatively rated. At the low end of the the tank size range (and our sizing is based on display size not system size) it's assumed you would have a heavy load and a truly heavy load is 1/2" of fish per display gallon.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 11:22 AM   #2957
sensei
Registered Member
 
sensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 571
Thanks Slief


__________________
470g DT SPS dominated (600g system) - five 400W MH , BK 250 SM Skimmer
150g mixed reef - XR15w Pro, 150g FOWLR tank - XR30w Pro
90 g Coral & Invert Fishless quarantine - XR15w Pro, 20g TTM Fish Qt
sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 11:53 AM   #2958
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
Thanks Slief



__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 12:15 PM   #2959
mlb75
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chesapeake VA
Posts: 419
WOW you're making me feel bad for running my SM250 on a 300 display with only 5 big tangs...


__________________
Mike

Current Tank Info: 300g mixed reef
mlb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 12:30 PM   #2960
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb75 View Post
WOW you're making me feel bad for running my SM250 on a 300 display with only 5 big tangs...
LOL.. Well to be honest, the SM250 wouldn't have been my first recommendation for that load.. I would have leaned towards the SM200 or Deluxe 200..


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 12:45 PM   #2961
mlb75
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chesapeake VA
Posts: 419
embarrassed to say but when I first bought it I had it on my 180, it's always worked well for me though and keeps all my nitrates at basically 0. Every once in a while it'll get wonky but for them most part it's set and forget. I can skim wet or dry reliably anywhere from a full cup of dark green water in a day to straight sewer sludge if I set it dry but that takes a week or two to get good and thick and is on the inside of the neck as much as it is in the cup. I generally clean the skimmer twice a week with the cup about 1/4 full of funky liquid and good coating of sludge on both sides of the cup riser.


__________________
Mike

Current Tank Info: 300g mixed reef
mlb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 12:46 PM   #2962
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb75 View Post
embarrassed to say but when I first bought it I had it on my 180, it's always worked well for me though and keeps all my nitrates at basically 0. Every once in a while it'll get wonky but for them most part it's set and forget. I can skim wet or dry reliably anywhere from a full cup of dark green water in a day to straight sewer sludge if I set it dry but that takes a week or two to get good and thick and is on the inside of the neck as much as it is in the cup. I generally clean the skimmer twice a week with the cup about 1/4 full of funky liquid and good coating of sludge on both sides of the cup riser.
It'll still work fine as you have found. It's just overkill and your more limited to skimming much more wet than if the load was much higher relative to your skimmer size. On the bright side, you can add a ton more fish and your skimmer will thank you for it!


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 03/20/2018 at 03:26 PM.
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 12:49 PM   #2963
mlb75
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chesapeake VA
Posts: 419
I"m actually getting ready to redo a bunch of stuff in the tank and as soon as it balances back out there are about 10-20 more fish going in. All smaller schooling types but that should still give it a little more to do.


__________________
Mike

Current Tank Info: 300g mixed reef
mlb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2018, 08:42 PM   #2964
hatfielj
Registered Member
 
hatfielj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,266
I just hooked up a BK SM200 in my new tank set up. It is spewing microbubbles like crazy and I can’t get it to stop. I have tried turning the pump speed up and down. I’m keeping the water level inside the skimmer right below the collection cup. The skimmer is sitting in 8” deep water.
Will this stop as the skimmer breaks in? Any tricks for getting it to stop? If not, I’m going to have to get a different skimmer because it’s messing with my auto top off sensor


hatfielj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2018, 09:27 PM   #2965
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor
 
ReefClownMIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 342
How long has it been running, and how old is the tank? Microbubbles are usually only an occurance during breakin, or when pump speed is too high.


__________________
Marco
Royal Exclusiv USA - Fort Myers, FL Operations
For All Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2018, 04:00 PM   #2966
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefClownMIA View Post
How long has it been running, and how old is the tank? Microbubbles are usually only an occurance during breakin, or when pump speed is too high.
To add to what Marco said, micro bubbles will also occur on a newly setup tank or in the case of a skimmer that is grossly oversized for the load. Let the skimmer break in and the micro bubbles should subside provided you have some fish in the display. If you have no fish or load in the system, there won’t be any proteins/dissolved organics to bind the bubbles together into foam. The bubbles binding together helps them rise since more bubbles bound together result in great bouncy which gets them up the neck instead of some of the bubbles getting drawn out the effluent. As such, micro bubbles from the skimmer on newly setup tanks is very common and expectable until there is sufficient load or organics in the system to allow the skimmer to operate properly.

Also, with an SM200, I would suggest running the pump betweem 28 and 32 watts as a starting point.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 02/18/2018 at 04:06 PM.
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2018, 07:02 AM   #2967
sensei
Registered Member
 
sensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Your load as far as fish goes is on the light side. I run the same skimmer on my 700 gallon system with over 70 fish in it and the skimmer could still handle more.

That said, lower the pump speed to between 36-38 watts. You are looking for the most dense foam possible and the sweet spot for the SM250 is right in that range. Higher will result in less contact time, larger faster moving bubbles and less efficient organic removal. Lower the level in the skimmer so the line where bubbles turn to foam is about 1" above the white collar where the neck/cup threads to the body. That is about as wet as you would want to set the skimmer. If you go much higher, you will have regular overflows. If the skimmer suddenly starts producing more skimmate, shut the pump down and remove the nozzle from the pump and inspect the venturi port where the silicone air hose connects to the pump. You are looking for salt creep which blocks off airflow and results in more water flow into he skimmer. This will lead to sudden overflows. I clean my venturi ports about once a month.

As for the neck getting gunked up, that is normal and is why many of us run a quality neck cleaner. That or you should remove the collection cup once a week and clean it. This is what I suggest as it's about the best neck cleaner money can buy and is designed for these skimmers. Mine runs once a day for 15 seconds and my neck is always clean and gunk free which not only reduces maintenance but it also keeps the skimmer performing optimally. I remove my collection cup every several months for cleaning.
Slief,

How often do you have to clean the skimmer pump?
is there a way to know when the pump need cleaning?
I am not sure if you would see less bubbles or something like that?

If you do not see overflow that means the there is no salt creep in the ventury or you should always clean it and check it??

thanks


__________________
470g DT SPS dominated (600g system) - five 400W MH , BK 250 SM Skimmer
150g mixed reef - XR15w Pro, 150g FOWLR tank - XR30w Pro
90 g Coral & Invert Fishless quarantine - XR15w Pro, 20g TTM Fish Qt
sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2018, 03:23 PM   #2968
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
Slief,

How often do you have to clean the skimmer pump?
is there a way to know when the pump need cleaning?
I am not sure if you would see less bubbles or something like that?

If you do not see overflow that means the there is no salt creep in the ventury or you should always clean it and check it??

thanks
I suggest cleaning your skimmer pump inside and out every 4-5 months. That will insure the best long term reliability and peace of mind while also keeping your skimmer pump running and looking like new. Besides, the whole process should only take about 15 minutes including a 10 minute soak in vinegar. I check my venturi port about once a month regardless of whether or not I have had an overflow. Itís just something I do as preventative maintenance.

In case you havenít seen it, this thread in our sponsor forum covers all those details.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2573406


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2018, 06:15 PM   #2969
sensei
Registered Member
 
sensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I suggest cleaning your skimmer pump inside and out every 4-5 months. That will insure the best long term reliability and peace of mind while also keeping your skimmer pump running and looking like new. Besides, the whole process should only take about 15 minutes including a 10 minute soak in vinegar. I check my venturi port about once a month regardless of whether or not I have had an overflow. Itís just something I do as preventative maintenance.

In case you havenít seen it, this thread in our sponsor forum covers all those details.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2573406
Thanks a lot Slief,

I cleaned the pump.
the manual I have says that the 75Watts RD3 has a additional axial floating bearing on the rear shaft but I did not find it.
I found a teflon white ring in the container after I pulled the rotor out.
I am not sure if it is installed instead of the bearing and if I installed it correctly.
here is the photo

rear shaft.jpg
can you confirm that this teflon white ring should be installed there on the rear shaft please


__________________
470g DT SPS dominated (600g system) - five 400W MH , BK 250 SM Skimmer
150g mixed reef - XR15w Pro, 150g FOWLR tank - XR30w Pro
90 g Coral & Invert Fishless quarantine - XR15w Pro, 20g TTM Fish Qt
sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2018, 09:28 AM   #2970
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
Thanks a lot Slief,

I cleaned the pump.
the manual I have says that the 75Watts RD3 has a additional axial floating bearing on the rear shaft but I did not find it.
I found a teflon white ring in the container after I pulled the rotor out.
I am not sure if it is installed instead of the bearing and if I installed it correctly.
here is the photo

Attachment 388967
can you confirm that this teflon white ring should be installed there on the rear shaft please
That is correct. There is no bushing on that pump. Just the teflon washer you have in your photo.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2018, 10:15 AM   #2971
sensei
Registered Member
 
sensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 571
Thanks Slief


__________________
470g DT SPS dominated (600g system) - five 400W MH , BK 250 SM Skimmer
150g mixed reef - XR15w Pro, 150g FOWLR tank - XR30w Pro
90 g Coral & Invert Fishless quarantine - XR15w Pro, 20g TTM Fish Qt
sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2018, 10:51 AM   #2972
mlb75
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chesapeake VA
Posts: 419
After being in this hobby for quite awhile I'm getting ready to downshift a bit and go from a roughly 400-450 gallon system (300G display) that I've had running for 8 years to I think a 90g (30x30x24 cube) with a 60g (24x24x24g cube so probably 35-40g operating volume) sump.

I've had a BK SM250 running on the 300 and absolutely love that it will reliably pull whatever I want it to even though I know it's oversized for the tank. Knowing that it won't work on the smaller tank what if any unit would you recommend for a tank of that size or is that really smaller than the BK's are designed to run on?

My other thought is to go skimmerless and try the fuge only route, any thoughts? Intention for the new tank is SPS dominant around a center island with a few LPS on the bottom outside edges and hoping to have ~20 small schooling type fish (pair of clowns, pair of cardinals, school of chromis, and some wrasses) so would be a decent bioload for that volume.

TIA


__________________
Mike

Current Tank Info: 300g mixed reef
mlb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2018, 12:28 PM   #2973
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb75 View Post
After being in this hobby for quite awhile I'm getting ready to downshift a bit and go from a roughly 400-450 gallon system (300G display) that I've had running for 8 years to I think a 90g (30x30x24 cube) with a 60g (24x24x24g cube so probably 35-40g operating volume) sump.

I've had a BK SM250 running on the 300 and absolutely love that it will reliably pull whatever I want it to even though I know it's oversized for the tank. Knowing that it won't work on the smaller tank what if any unit would you recommend for a tank of that size or is that really smaller than the BK's are designed to run on?

My other thought is to go skimmerless and try the fuge only route, any thoughts? Intention for the new tank is SPS dominant around a center island with a few LPS on the bottom outside edges and hoping to have ~20 small schooling type fish (pair of clowns, pair of cardinals, school of chromis, and some wrasses) so would be a decent bioload for that volume.

TIA
For that small of a system you could go with either the Double Cone 150 or the Mini 160. The Mini 160 will be more set it and forget it where as the Double Cone will need some tuning to get it dialed in. I ran a Mini 160 on a lightly stocked 90 gallon display and was really impressed with it since the only adjusting needed was setting the level inside the skimmer via the wedge pipe.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2018, 12:15 AM   #2974
ReefSultan
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Istanbul Turkey
Posts: 34
Hi All,

I just started cycling 2 days ago and wanted to start skimmer as well for break in period by having not knowing what does it mean exactly.

Skimmer is just runnin for 12 hours..BK double cone 200 brand new

Total system is 400 liters skimmer is sitting on 26 cm water height and it was crazy overflowing, I opened the outlet and there is constant water flow to sump from collecting cup outlet. Then I put something under skimmer and now height is 24-25 cm but still overflowing after 5 minute of no overflow

This is my first experience , should I play with height or continue running with open outlet

By the way there is a tube tap on the small hose near the thick setting tube should I remove this tap. Noozzle is screwded in completely as suggested in manual

Thanks for your advices


ReefSultan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2018, 06:54 AM   #2975
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefSultan View Post
Hi All,

I just started cycling 2 days ago and wanted to start skimmer as well for break in period by having not knowing what does it mean exactly.

Skimmer is just runnin for 12 hours..BK double cone 200 brand new

Total system is 400 liters skimmer is sitting on 26 cm water height and it was crazy overflowing, I opened the outlet and there is constant water flow to sump from collecting cup outlet. Then I put something under skimmer and now height is 24-25 cm but still overflowing after 5 minute of no overflow

This is my first experience , should I play with height or continue running with open outlet

By the way there is a tube tap on the small hose near the thick setting tube should I remove this tap. Noozzle is screwded in completely as suggested in manual

Thanks for your advices

Keep the cover on the 2nd port on the nozzle. This is used for the ozone connection if you are running ozone. Lower the pump speed. Ideal speed is between 28 and 30 watts. The outlet is used to set the level inside the skimmer. If you have it closed too much, it will overflow. Also note that we have a dedicated forum here as well.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:53 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.