Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/07/2018, 08:59 PM   #1
bperau
Registered Member

Swapped kessil with ocean revive and now my anemone went into hiding

Wondering if anyone could give some suggestions as to what I should try. I work out of state and thought a kessil broke (turned out to be a link cable). Bought a ocean revive to consider switching out my kessils. Hooked it up, put the blues at 15% and the whites at 10%. I have a anemone the size of a dinner plate that sits mid tank (125g). After leaving town I'm sent a picture of the anemone that moved under a rock. I ran my kessils at like 55%, figured since I was going to be gone a week I didn't want to bleach any coral so I started out the t247 really low. Light is sitting around 8" off the water. I can't imagine it would of moved lower if the light wasn't intense enough? Also have a 130 head Duncan and a green leather that are under the light and are doing fine....

bperau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2018, 09:02 PM   #2
BClute
Registered Member

What kind of anemone is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BClute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2018, 09:10 PM   #3
bperau
Registered Member

Long tentacle

Unread 02/08/2018, 11:15 AM   #4
D-Nak
Registered Member

Might not be intensity but the spectrum change that caused it to move. Once it gets used to it, I'm guessing it'll come back out.

Unread 02/08/2018, 01:18 PM   #5
bperau
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nak View Post
Might not be intensity but the spectrum change that caused it to move. Once it gets used to it, I'm guessing it'll come back out.
That's what I'm hoping because everything I read shows people running their ocean revives around 50-75%