Reef Central Online Community
Live Aquaria

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 06/26/2007, 02:44 PM   #1
tprize
Registered Member

Talking My Newest Tank Thread

Ok, so at the request of my friend, I am going to share my tank with you guys. I decided to start my tank a month or so ago, and I think it's come along really well. First up the Stats

20G High Perfecto Tank
Black Painted Background
2x24W Nova Extreme T-5 Light System
Whisper Power Filter, Converted to Fuge
Palm Light for Fuge
Dr Foster and Smith Power Filter, with Overflow Attachment.
2x JBJ Dual Ouput 290gph
Coralife 1W Blue Moon Light

So now for the pics

Light System

Drs Foster and Smith Power Filter

Overflow attachment. This is probably the coolest thing that I have seen for a Nano. A lot of people seem to suffer from surface junk with these small tanks, but this does a great job of cleaning that up, and it doesn't look awful.

Here is my fuge with a Palm light, the cheato is doing ok, but I need some more.

JBJ Dual output, I really like this pump, because it gives me a nice flow pattern.

Moon Light, this thing is awesome makes everything green in my tank glow, and gives me a great shimmer.

Next is a Full tank shot, and some left and right side shots

tprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2007, 02:44 PM   #2
tprize
Registered Member

Here are my Corals as of now

Toadstool Leather

Not sure what this is, I got this Frag from a friend

My first coral ever, this has been in at least 5 tanks now. Even if I sell my tank this goes into a friends tank until I rescue it again.

A Frag of zoo's I got from Premium Aquatics this weekend, they have great stuff. If anyone knows exactly what type they are please do tell.

Not really a coral but still close enough, my neighborhood feather duster.

Now for the two fish I have, I love these guys and it will be hard to pick something else as wonderful as these guys.

My Lawnmower Blenny! He's great and I love to watch him scoot around the tank on his belly.

Here is my other favorite fish, I love the dark color of this young tomato clown. It's probably the darkest one I've seen for it's size that's why I had to get him.

The cleanup crew is small right now it consists of
1 Turbo Snail
3 Trochus Snails
3 Nassarius snails

I will be expanding this list later this week, please leave comments and ask any questions you have, I would love to see what you guys think.

Old 06/26/2007, 03:33 PM   #3
Cozzmolot
Registered Member

Having seen your tank in person it is very nice. I'm glad that we started our tanks at nearly the same time. It will be fun to watch our tanks mature along the same rate and fill up with coraline.

Your clown and bleamy is very awesome looking.

Its very funny how your rock with the mushrooms on it is soo much more mature than the rest of your tank.

Cozzmolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2007, 04:26 PM   #4
ccoons43
Registered Member

Looking good.

Current Tank Info: 55 Gallon Display, 20 gal sump, 30 lbs LR, 1X seio 820, 1X seio 620, 1x Koralia #3, 1x Koralia #4, 2x 175W Halides W/ Ushio 20 K, 4x 55W PC's, Mated Pair of Ocelleris Clowns, 1 Cromis, LPS, SPS Frags
ccoons43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2007, 05:39 PM   #5
mg426
Registered Member

Looks good to me, Take it easy though !!

Current Tank Info: 125 mixed reef 110 lbs LR, 1x250watt XM 20K MH 2x175watt XM 20K MH on Magetics 2X96 watt actinic PC, 220 watt VHO actinic, 30 gallon refugium, closed loop system powered by Sequence Dart MSX 200 skimmer 38 gallon sump, Oceansmotions squirt
mg426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Cozzmolot
Registered Member

Cozzmolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2007, 05:55 PM   #7
tprize
Registered Member

HAHA Don't worry, the rock had been cycling for well over a month before it went into the tank. My levels are completely stable. I really don't add but one thing a week or so.

Old 06/26/2007, 06:09 PM   #8
Nano Chris
Registered Member

Looks good, looks like you have just the right amount of lr in there, you will be amazed how much goes into this hobby.

(New pics coming soon!)

Current Tank Info: 34 Gallon RedSeaMax!
Nano Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2007, 07:09 PM   #9
tprize
Registered Member

Ohh This isn't my first tank, just my newest one. HAHA That's why the tank looks so well at this stage. I will keep you guys updated as I go along keep the comments and questions coming.