Registered Member

pengelli,

To Reef Central

Current Tank Info: IM40
ezcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 01:23 AM   #53
121ddler
Registered Member

have anyone tried dipping them in melafix?? i have used them on lps in the past and has worked on blastos and aussie scoly

121ddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 01:31 AM   #54
RandyO
Registered Member.

Any luck with the Interceptor ktar?

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Unread 05/31/2008, 05:19 AM   #55
ReefMonger
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 121ddler
have anyone tried dipping them in melafix?? i have used them on lps in the past and has worked on blastos and aussie scoly
I forgot I had done melafix and pimafix dips and even a long term treatment of melafix in my actual tank.
I have noticed the aussies lords and especially the jap lords do not like warmer temps they seem to do better around 75-76. That doesnt explain the echinos though.

I hope the interceptor works for you.

Current Tank Info: 180 Gal
ReefMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 06:12 AM   #56
Reefflections
Registered Member

Reefmonger
This also took out my watermelon chalice .It seems to effect these 2 types of corals.My pertimeters were on target also.At the time I tried a UV light,no luck.I thought it was in my tank water at that time.I wasn't sure what I was dealing with.I wanted to save these frags.My buddy said he would put them in his system,for them to recover.But again we weren"t sure what I was dealing with.Well after they were put in his system.The same dam thing took place in his sytem.Chalice,Acans,Micros would all see the same faith
As being a SPS addict.You see the same signs as STN, but this isn't supoosed to happen with LPS corals.Or can it be possible?Maybe there is something we just don't know yet?Where LPS corals can get STN. A eating away process that takes place,and leaves a white skelton in it wake.All I know it was a mystery to me,and I couldn"t figure it out.And others here on RC,didn't have a clue what I was dealing with at the time. I felt like the only guy in the sea.Till reading this thread,to bring back those same memories again.

Reefflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 08:46 AM   #57
Ian
I <3 Corals!

Man, this scares the cr@p out of me...

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 08:58 AM   #58
Reefflections
Registered Member

Yes it is scary.I saw this about 2 years ago in my system.I've even asked Randy O back then he probably does remember.And Jendub for help on this matter,what going on?Maybe now with more attention to this thread.We can find the answers,this time?

Unread 05/31/2008, 09:05 AM   #59
Gary Majchrzak
Team RC Member

ktar- you should post this in the URS Forum! There might be more people in our area experiencing this problem.

Current Tank Info: 84x24x30 265g reef past TOTM honors
Gary Majchrzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 10:01 AM   #60
roblack
Registered Member

I just tossed an alien eye chalice yesterday that kept slowly melting away. Rest of the chalices look good, but an aussie acan frag I have is looking like crap now. Hope we can figure this out! The more I read and think about this, the more it seems that we are dealing with a disease or parasite of some sort.

roblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 11:44 AM   #61
ktar
Moved On

I would have Gary but i thought it was more appropriate for the LPS forum. I do know someone with the same problem is me in the area. He has dose his 180 with interceptor and he has notice thing are looking a little better and some of the receding has stop so this is good new so far. i will dose mine tonite i did not have enough medicine last nite to dose.

ktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 12:07 PM   #62
JOSE CASAS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefflections
Yes it is scary.I saw this about 2 years ago in my system.I've even asked Randy O back then he probably does remember.And Jendub for help on this matter,what going on?Maybe now with more attention to this thread.We can find the answers,this time?
Did it just stop one day? Did it comsume all your pieces and thats how it stopped? This is very intresting. so i think we can rule out be a Aussie thing.

JOSE CASAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 06:16 PM   #63
Reefflections
Registered Member

Jose,
No back then these Acans from Japan were knew to the hobby at that time.Being it's a SPS only had a few LPS corals at that time.But over time days/week it slowly the signs showed on the others.And when they went to the other tank.It took out just about every micro,chalice acans.Only a few pulled threw at that time.It seems whatever pathogen it was it ran a cycle.Because he did lose a lot.But others were able to pull threw.Other than water changes at that time.I'm not saying its was the acans that this came in on.I really don't know for sure,because the watermelon chalice was in there also.It seem to start on the acans,and go from there?That's where I first saw these signs of tissue loss.But these were Japan acans,not the Aussie.But it's the same that we saw what's posted in these pictures.And what people here are saying about their loses.

Unread 05/31/2008, 09:45 PM   #64
patedship
Moved On

I am about to dose my tank with some interceptor. I have had to frag down several pieces because of the recession and fear of losing some very expensive hillae, lords, and echinos. blah.... I will let everyone know how the tank looks tomorrow after the interceptor dose. BTW I am doing x3 the dosage.

patedship is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2008, 11:51 PM   #65
All Delight
Registered Member

gl pated

Current Tank Info: too small
All Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 01:12 AM   #66
Hogfish77
Moved On

Wow I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one having problems with aussie acans. I've lost hundreds since last fall collecting them. I'm very cautious in trying them nowadays. Goodluck guys!

Hogfish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 03:42 AM   #67
MG21
Registered Member

I've been having this same problem for about 5 months now. Aussie acans,micros, scolymias, chalices. Sps is fine and water quality is excellent. Have lost a few thousand dollars worth of stuff.

MG21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 10:56 AM   #68
Beach Bum 70
Beach Bum 70

same here acan and chalices Sucks!!!!!!! cant put my finger on it and no one else seems to either

Beach Bum 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 10:58 AM   #69
ReefMonger
Registered Member

Hows the interceptor working for you guys?

Current Tank Info: 180 Gal
ReefMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 11:06 AM   #70
Ian
I <3 Corals!

Odd... all of a sudden, 3 new guys pop up with the same problem...

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 12:07 PM   #71
pookstreet
Registered Stick Killer

I've collected since the Aussie imports started and still have many colonies of Aussie Acans in my system. So far, knock on wood, nothing remotely similar has happened to any. However, I don't have any Aussie chalices. One thing that I have noticed is that ever since I started feeding the tank heavily, the Acans became much healthier and puffier. So naturally, my question to the guys having problems, are you feeding your tank enough? Also, I dose amino acids on a regular basis.

Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart - Confucius

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful - John Wooden

Current Tank Info: What's that???
pookstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 12:38 PM   #72
patedship
Moved On

Well today the lps that was looking poor is looking better! I added mag to the tank a long with the interceptor righ about 6mg. I havent run the skimmer yet I am going to wait a few more hour and hook it back up a long with some carbon.

patedship is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 12:45 PM   #73
ktar
Moved On

i will let you know tonite if the interceptor is working as soon as i see or notice anything different. things are starting to look bad i am noticing the white line that you are talking about now ReefMonger. Things were looking pretty bad last nite it has started to attack four of my micro colonies and mummy eye is gone now just lost a nice colony. i am crying while typing this . i hope the interceptor works.

ktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 01:11 PM   #74
Znut Reefer
Premium Member

So sorry to hear this for you ktar. I hope the interceptor works for you. I wonder if the problem maybe those little black bugs I have heard about causing the problem?

If so, I've heard that the Interceptor will kill them. Got my fingers crossed.

Znut Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2008, 01:45 PM   #75
pookstreet
Registered Stick Killer

Yeah, good luck with the treatments. Hope things turn around for everyone having issues.

Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart - Confucius

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful - John Wooden

Current Tank Info: What's that???
pookstreet is offline   Reply With Quote