Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/24/2008, 06:56 PM   #1
rbnice1
Moved On

New 90 Display tank build and filtration.

Well got a 90 gallon acrylic tank but it was in pretty rough shape.

So After lots of sanding then even more buffing we got this.(I can show you how to fix the scratching and stuff if you like.)

So now that the tank is in good shape it was time to build a hood. I wanted it to at least semi match the base and I wanted some t5's and 2 MH's. I drew out the tank dimensions on the floor in the garage and me and the wife spent 4 or 5 hours deciding on the rock disign. Ended up with 4 T5 bulbs and 2 250watt MH,

First pic is 2 attinics.

Second is 3 attincs and 1 10k.

Third is 3 attincs and 1 10k 2 250watt 14k phoenix.

Hood with the front open. The top also opens for better access to the lights.(Wish I woulda taken pics while I was building it. It turned out pretty good and only took me about 10 hours to build it.)

Now for the filtration. I call this my wall of tanks. Top left and middle left are RO/DI water and mixing tank/quarintine tank. Upper right is remote DSB/ Refugum. Middle right is going to be the frag tank. bottom is 3 foot 30gallon long sump. Sump contains EV 120 skimmer 35 pounds of rubble, refugium has 30 pounds of rubble. Will bump the refugum up to 50 pounds and will be adding 25 pounds to the frag tank.

Tank is currently cycling, but im hoping this set-up will make for a stable sps system.

rbnice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2008, 08:17 PM   #2
celtic_Dude
Registered Member

Great set up! I like the interesting rockwork you have set up!

celtic_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2008, 06:18 AM   #3
greenidguy
Registered Member

bnice, what kind of reflectors did you use for your mh and t5s??

greenidguy is offline   Reply With Quote