Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 10/28/2006, 01:32 PM   #1
guntercb
Registered Member

My 120

Hello,

I thought I should post some pictures of my 120 gallon. The pictures are not too good. I had removed my canopy to redo it and add some lights. I have now finished the canopy and a buddy is coming over tonight to help me lift it onto the tank. I wish it was on there now for the pictures would be better. I plan to post some pictures of the tank after I get some the canopy on.

Some specs on my tank: I bought it used and painted the stand the almond color you see. I have a Euroreef Skimmer (which I love), about a 40 gallon sump, one return pump that is suppose to be pumping around 600 gpm, but it seems to be doing about 1200 gpm (go figure). In the canopy I have a 660 ballast that will be overdriving 4 NO 6500k lights and 2 VH0 actnics. I hope to mainly stock the tank with some LPS which I hope to get some nice frags soon from local reefers.

I have about a 4” sand bed using just plain silica (I know, but it worked in the past), I had some Florida Lime Rock I was using for base, but Ted (reefrubbble) gave me about 100 pounds of live rock!!!! Thanks a million Ted, it really helps the tank out. It looks so much nicer.

I have 4 fish (which you cannot see an any of the photos). Two clown fish and two blue-green chromis which I got from FAIOS. I plan to stock about 5 more blue-green chomis, maybe a yellow watchman goby, and a powder blue tank.

Front of the Tank:

One picture of the live rock from Ted:

Quarantine (20 gallons):

Here is my brain!!!! (It will go in the 120 once I get the canopy and lights on (-: ):

Later,
Chris

guntercb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2006, 08:47 AM   #2
guntercb
Registered Member

I have the canopy on the aquarium now and wanted to give some new pictures with light!!!

Canopy:

Canopy with Doors removed:

Wood Wrangler sent me these plastic catches for mounting the doors. Thanks WoodWrangler!!!

Front:

Right side of the Aquarium:

Left Side of the Aquarium:

Sump:

Thanks for viewing. Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

Old 10/29/2006, 09:01 AM   #3
Don Lino
Premium Member

Nice, I love the aquascaping...u got some nice little caves going on. Is that a CSS 125 skimmer?? How do u like it?? What is that 5 gallon jug next to your skimmer??

Current Tank Info: Over skimming my 120RR with an I-Tech 400
Don Lino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2006, 09:06 AM   #4
CMcNeil
Registered Member

man id love to get a 120.the tank is 48x24x24 right?just makes me dream about a bigger tank.and love the rockwork also its always nice to have all the little caves.it looks like your clowns are hosting the brain,are they?is the tank gonna be softy,lps,sps,or mixed?

CMcNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2006, 09:23 AM   #5
reefrubble
Premium Member

Looking Really Great Chris. How If I can only sell my set up ,I'll be doing great. Ted

Save the reefs , Grow your own

Current Tank Info: Marineland 300 DD Tank Custom metal stand , and canopy DIY LED lighting I-Tech Super Beast skimmer . I do not have a tank at this time . I sold the 300 Gal. system
reefrubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2006, 09:52 AM   #6
woodwrangler
Registered Member

That's really looking good Chris, I like the aquascaping.
The two clowns won't know what to do with themselves with all that tank room.

Current Tank Info: 125 Rimless LeeMar - 48"x30"x20"
woodwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2006, 09:57 AM   #7
guntercb
Registered Member

Don and CheckinHawk I have to thank Ted for the great rock. It really has lots of little caves in it.

Don, I don't really know what size skimmer I have, it came used with my setup. I would have to look at the Sedona pump to tell you the size of the pump for it.

The 5 gallon jug is my reservor for my water top off. I have a little aqua lifter pump hooked to a float switch that gets its water from the 5 gallon jug. I kind of like being able to put the five gallon jug in the sump so if it leaks for some reason it does no harm.

CheckinHawk, Yes the tank is 48 x 24 x 24. I really like the size. I like the 24" depth. I am very please with it and don't currently want anything larger. Enjoy your 38. It took me a a few months to get this tank set up. Some times larger creates some issues. With my old 55 I could lift the canopy by myself. Not anymore. )-:

Thanks for the feedback.

Ted, I wish I could help you sell your tank. If I hear of someone I will let you know.

Cheers,
Chris

Old 10/29/2006, 10:10 AM   #8
reefrubble
Premium Member

Thanks Chris, I know the Skimmer alone is worth the price I'm asking for the entire set up,but as you can see you can't put it in the stand. Ted

Current Tank Info: Marineland 300 DD Tank Custom metal stand , and canopy DIY LED lighting I-Tech Super Beast skimmer . I do not have a tank at this time . I sold the 300 Gal. system
Old 10/30/2006, 07:16 AM   #9
Northtampatang
Premium Member

Looks good Chris, now you get to stock it!

I think thats an older Euro-Reef skimmer FWIW

Current Tank Info: 15 Long T5's and LED's / 20 long Drilled w/T5's and Halide, I-Tech
Northtampatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 09:23 AM   #10
guntercb
Registered Member

Wes,

I believe the Euro-Reef is older, but I know it skims much better than my old skimmer and seems much simpler.

Yeah, I need some frags. I am wanting to stock with mainly LPS, but I want to put in a small piece of red Montipora capricornis and a frag of purple Montipora digitata.

You will probuably see a thread soon asking if anyone has some frags.

Old 10/30/2006, 09:36 AM   #11
reefrubble
Premium Member

Chris, If you go to an ANCHOR meeting, I'm sure you will get some frags. Ted

Old 10/30/2006, 10:01 AM   #12
mflamb
Registered Member

Looks great...so far...DON'T RUSH. Take your time...frag hunt...and let it grow.
Mike

Click on my red house to see my 390 and 300 build thread. Those are my last 2 tanks in Tampa. Now in Pasadena waiting to buy a house to set up my next tank....anemones and clowns...probably a 3x3 150 gallon.
mflamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 12:22 PM   #13
Sailor_jon
Registered Member

Look good Chris - looks better with fish in it...than in the back of your truck with straps over it. ;-) Keep going...Love the rock..thats what makes it all come togther.

Current Tank Info: 72 gallon bowfront, 10gal refugium, sump.
Sailor_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 11:09 PM   #14
HotReeferSRT4
Registered Member

Nice looking brain. Haha. I still have a lot of those corals if you want to buy some. You said you wanted to do mainly SPS. Are those clowns hosting the brain?

HotReeferSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2006, 08:36 AM   #15
guntercb
Registered Member

Jon,

Yeah. I like the tank better in my living room instead of in my truck. Thanks for helping me move it. I cannot believe how long it took to get it going.

Chris,

If I said SPS, I just got my tongue tied. I am going to be doing mainly LPS.

But yeah your brain is doing well and looking great.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 10/31/2006, 08:48 PM   #16
HotReeferSRT4
Registered Member

Yeah... sorry, I meant to say LPS. Got mixed up. Good luck though man.

HotReeferSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2007, 03:28 PM   #17
guntercb
Registered Member

I decided to update everyone on my tank. I bought a Powder Blue Tang today. It is currently in my 20 gallon quarantine tank and will stay there for at least 3 weeks. It is already eating very well. Here are some pictures:

I also thought I would post some more pictures of my main tank. I know it is not a tank of the month (-: But it is mine and I enjoy it. I hope in a few years my LPS will grow up and really fill out the tank:

Right side of tank:

Close up of sponges (I think):

Close up of some green zoos:

For those you that have noticed. I lost the brain that I got from HotReefer. It began to look very bad and I decided it was best to remove it from my system. )-:
I really do miss it. I don't know if a crab eat some of it or what happened, but one day it was missing a bunch of tissue and black stuff was coming out of its mouth. I did not want to risk leaving it in my system.

Cheers,
Chris

Old 03/03/2007, 07:39 PM   #18
BankerJohn
Registered Member

Dear Audrey, I love your new fish. What are you going to name him? - Love, Megan and Savannah

BankerJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2007, 08:21 PM   #19
guntercb
Registered Member

John,

Tell Megan and Savannah that Audredy is still working on naming the fish....

Later,
Chris

Old 06/06/2008, 11:56 AM   #20
guntercb
Registered Member

It has been awhile and I thought I would post some recent photos of my tank:

Front:

Right Side:

Left Side: