Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/16/2013, 12:20 AM   #101
Rewlee
Registered Member

and thumbs up to Eric he replies fast and is very helpful.

Rewlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 01:52 AM   #102
Saltydog2
Registered Member

Up and running

Ok, here is the wp40 up and running. Took the plug to an electrical shop, said I was good to go if I could find the adapter. Called travel agency and they said Walmart for travel adapter. Sure enough, $10 and back home to plug it in. NO GROUND on adapter. Thought about cutting and replacing plug in but opted not. It is now plugged in with the two prong adapter No GROUND. The adapter says Warning-do not use with a grounded plug in. Stuck my hand in the tank and didn't die...that was good. Think I will still get the computer cord (might even have one.) Anyway, Here is my opinion: Ordered on 2-5-13, got here to Idaho on the 14th...not bad. Instructions are crap, but I just plugged it in and turned the knob all the way up. It is no louder than the purrr of a kitten and it seems to have good flow across my 180 bow front. Not much bigger than the maxijet. Cords are plenty long enough and the magnet holds well and good rubber gasket dampers. I will probably buy a second one, especially if I can change the cord that easily and still have a ground wire.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jebaoWP40.JPG (50.1 KB, 733 views)
File Type: jpg jebaoWP40-2.JPG (35.6 KB, 694 views)
Saltydog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 02:11 AM   #103
Saltydog2
Registered Member

Woot Woot. Had a printer die a few weeks ago so I found it downstairs with a plugin that fits and is grounded. printer cord is about two feet where Jebeo cord to transformer was probably 5 feet. Now I am grounded and running good...will take the travel adapter back to Walmart and they can send it back with no ground plug to the manufacturer...in China.

Saltydog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 04:31 AM   #104
Browserz
Registered Member

I've never heard a purr of a kitten, if you're sitting like 5 feet away can you hear it?
or.. On a scale of 0-10 how loud would you say it is? 0 being dead silent

Browserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 07:20 AM   #105
GSMguy
Registered Member

Will they hold on 1" acrylic?

Current Tank Info: 48"x27"x14" Envision Acrylic rimless, 6x39w ATi Sunpower, Custom ATB Deluxe Skimmer, 4x tunze nano stream,ATB flowstar 1500, ACJR, Tunze osmolator.
GSMguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 07:32 AM   #106
SimonSKL
Registered Member

They definitely out of the US 110v plugs. All orders requiring 110v plug will be back ordered by 3-7 days. I told Eric they don't have to ship me the 110v plugs as I have extra cables. He said he would ship my order out Monday.

Mixed LPS and SPS corals
Camera - Canon T2i with EF100mm 2.8f USM macro lens

Current Tank Info: AG 92g corner tank and Marineland 125g, RKE controllers, Maxspect and Eshine LEDs, MP40WES, Jebo WP40 & WP25
SimonSKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 07:49 AM   #107
GSMguy
Registered Member

I must have 15 of those cords. Didn't anybody ever own a PC? I remember the days I bought PCs Every 6 months the laptops and desktops may have all fried but the power cords live on.

Current Tank Info: 48"x27"x14" Envision Acrylic rimless, 6x39w ATi Sunpower, Custom ATB Deluxe Skimmer, 4x tunze nano stream,ATB flowstar 1500, ACJR, Tunze osmolator.
Unread 02/16/2013, 07:54 AM   #108
SimonSKL
Registered Member

Saltydog2, good information. 180g is a big tank. Can you create waves with just one Jebo WP40? Can you post a video showing the biggest wave motion and comparing the noise level of WP40 to the Maxijet 1200 in your tank?

Mixed LPS and SPS corals

Current Tank Info: AG 92g corner tank and Marineland 125g, RKE controllers, Maxspect and Eshine LEDs, MP40WES, Jebo WP40 & WP25
Unread 02/16/2013, 08:16 AM   #109
SimonSKL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMguy View Post
Will they hold on 1" acrylic?
Probably not. Their spec says no more than 15mm which is about 0.6 in.

Mixed LPS and SPS corals

Unread 02/16/2013, 08:51 AM   #110
Chrisjbarry
Registered Member

Following this.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

Chrisjbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 10:15 AM   #111
Redngold
Registered Member

Following this. The next question is will these work with a controller?

Redngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 11:18 AM   #112
barry_keith
Moved On

They come with a controller. They have 6 modes, similar to functions of a vortech and looks like a tunze

barry_keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 11:28 AM   #113
SimonSKL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redngold View Post
Following this. The next question is will these work with a controller?
If you are talking about controllers like APEX or RKE, the answer is probably no. I think the WP40s are simply independently controlled by its own controllers and not wirelessly synced with each other.

Mixed LPS and SPS corals

Unread 02/16/2013, 12:13 PM   #114
SeedlessOne
Registered Member

I would be interested if reefangel could do anything with this.

SeedlessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 04:45 PM   #115
Buzz1329
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry_keith View Post
They come with a controller. They have 6 modes, similar to functions of a vortech and looks like a tunze
I ordered one. Do they do variable flow like Vortech?

180 mixed reef
Buzz1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 04:48 PM   #116
GSMguy
Registered Member

Yes there is a random mode like reef crest and there is the pulse modes, they don't synch with other pumps like vortech.

Unread 02/16/2013, 04:58 PM   #117
Buzz1329
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercm View Post
seems like Tunze and Vortech performance , any one have any review ?

http://www.fish-street.com/jebo_wp-40_13000l_wave_maker

Editor Review : Testing with Jebo WP-40, silent than the Vortech MP40, and the flow stream is simliar. And the Magnet Mount can 360Degree rotation, better fixed bracket with the Vortech MP-40. Night sensor is a GIFT, will affect by high output HQI. Compare with the price is 1st choice for budget use

Feature

Easy installation and maintenace, fixed with magnetic suction
6 Different Mode. Max 13000L / 4300L / 6500L / 3 type of Reef Stream Mode(Similar Vortech function) Feed Mode / Night Mode Include
Direction of wave can be arbitrary rotation 360
High performance, powerful water flow and low energy consumption
Adopt warproof ceramic shaft can be used in long time
Intelligent control system, can covert various wave patterns
Low voltage operation, safe and reliable 24V 12W to 40W Power
Suitable for Fresh and Marine water use
Mode

H: Maximum flow fixed-made stream mode (13000L)

L: 1/3 of the maximum flow fixed flow made ​​to flow mode (4300L)

W1: classic mode of making waves (Wavebox Function)

Different type of the tank need to apply different type of the setting:
Adustable the controller on the wavelength is sameas the Tank Size(Long), when the Wave same as the Tank Length is suitable. Revise the clockware button as you need to reduce the wave. When change the setting require at least 10mins to verify if you change the controller button. Watch and try to adjust the best wavelength on your tank

W2,W3(Reef Stream Mode with Adjsutable): ordinary fixed program made ​​stream made ​​wave mode;
This two modes by means of the knob to change the the fixed program's effect, need to be adjusted according to the creatures in the water

W3(Reef Stream Mode): Indefinite program cause stream made ​​wave mode;
According to the aquatic adjustment knob to change indefinite program effects;

Feeding Mode : Press the "FEED" button once, "10min" (blue lights) stop the wavemaker after 10 minutes made ​​waves pump start again. Or direct press the Feed button to back to Normal

Lock knob parameters function: long press the "FEED" key until the "LOCK" red indicator light already locked knob parameter adjustment knob does not change the wave shape. The purpose is to prevent wave after a good tune(Save setting), inadvertently knob again to change the wave-shaped. To unlock to tune waves, long press the "FEED" key until the red indicator light is off you can;

Night Mode (Add one function): It's have a sensor on the controller. When you connection to the night sensor on the controller, it will Add on night mode function

When it dark detect with sensor, it will slow down all the stream on the controller mode function, with a half of the power operation.

The Night Mode add in new function not include on the warranty if the sensor damage(it will affect or damage with the high output of the HQI/ LED system.)
Power 110V to 240V 50/60Hz
Watt: 12W to 40W on different mode (Max 13000L)
Size : 9.4cm x 12cm
EU / UK / AU / US Pin Provides
Power Cable 160cm Long(Extenable), Pump to controller cable for 190cm Long
Jebo WP-40 Compare with Vortech MP-40 Pump
I ordered one, but I can't tell from above whether this pump has variable flow and works with U.S. electricals? In fact, when I break down the advertising copy, I get the strong impression that it was written to occlude info about the pump. IOW, the copy seems like it is intended to sound like silly translation gibberish, but is actually intended to mask info. I could be wrong. And when I get my hands on the pump, I'll let you know.

180 mixed reef
Buzz1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2013, 12:53 AM   #118
beachsider
Registered Member

Would anyone consider the amount of power this pump is said to produce as being too much for a 60 cube. I'm tempted to order one an try it out but I am also tempted to wait for the wp25 that is rumored to be coming out.

beachsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2013, 04:21 AM   #119
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz1329 View Post
I ordered one, but I can't tell from above whether this pump has variable flow and works with U.S. electricals? In fact, when I break down the advertising copy, I get the strong impression that it was written to occlude info about the pump. IOW, the copy seems like it is intended to sound like silly translation gibberish, but is actually intended to mask info. I could be wrong. And when I get my hands on the pump, I'll let you know.
I think you are reading too much into it. I just had a long (4 week) running email conversation with the people at EverGrow, a Chinese led light manufacturer. Their emails are in rather broken English and although the instructions they sent out are in English (Jebo's are in Chinese), they were almost useless and didn't even have all the info needed to run all the options. I also had serious concerns about the quality of their lights and was very happy with the quality when I got them. I have very similar concerns about the quality of these pumps, but at $85, you really don't expect $465 EcoTech MP40 quality or features, do you?

The people at EverGrow and in my couple of emails to the FishStreet website, I found them to be making a serious effort to be helpful. But they are still having a very hard time dealing in the English language. And interestingly I found that if you ask more than 1 or 2 questions at the most, you'll only get an answer to 1 or maybe 2 if you are lucky.

Unread 02/17/2013, 07:24 AM   #120
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Well my pump showed up Saturday just before I was ready to walk out the door on the way to a local club meeting (fragging demo and BBQ). So I opened it and looked at it, but I haven't even plugged it in yet. It appears to be pretty well built but I have a concern or two. First is the fact that the light sensor that plugs into the side of the controller is so small I almost lost it. I was lucky that I was opening it over a solid color towel or I might have missed it altogether. The other is that the pump is not very firmly held by the mounting arms and they are just cheap plastic. I'd guess them to be easy to break and may even get brittle over time in saltwater (pure speculation on my part). It's about the size I expected, roughly the size of a softball. The electrical plug I got was just a long version of a typical computer power cord. The lines to the controller appear to be long enough for what I want to do. The box and instructions are all in Chinese. I wonder if it's that way with the ones they ship to Europe?

The Chinese box and instructions

The pump, controller and AC/DC adapter

And the tiny light sensor that I almost lost

I hope to get it in the tank today, play with it some and try to shoot a video. But it is Pole Qualifying Day for the Daytona 500... I'm seriously not a big NASCAR fan, but at this point with almost no sports car racing, except for the Rolex 24 Hours and no Formula 1 racing yet, I'll take whatever I can get!

Unread 02/17/2013, 07:45 AM   #121
SimonSKL
Registered Member

Ron, there is a lot of pump for $85! Looking forward to your review!

Mixed LPS and SPS corals

Unread 02/17/2013, 11:39 AM   #122
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

OK, I put the new pump into the tank and have it running at about 1/3 speed on the W3 wavemaker program. It cycles from a dead stop to 1/3 speed (I get to control that top speed it goes up to) and back to dead stop over about 6-8 seconds. The 2 corals I have hanging by monofilament at the center brace are now 'dancing' and most of the soft corals are moving back and forth. The pump has a faint, low pitch whirring sound that I wouldn't notice if it where constant. But because it ramps up and down I can faintly hear it. But it's not nearly as loud as the big Reeflo pump on the closed loop system. It doesn't get any louder when I let it go to full power (4500gph) but it moves a ton of water. I'm going to leave it running like like this for awhile as kind of a break in. I also found that when I set the controller down and had the light sensor blocked by a power cord, the pump runs at about 25% to 35% of the speed it is set for and stops pulsing. So the light sensor works. I'll see tonight if the moonlights are bright enought to keep it running or are dim enough to allow it to go into night mode. Now I want to listen closer to an Eco Teck MP40 and listen for pump sounds. My guess is the Jebao makes a bit more noise, but it's not loud enough that Elaine has noticed and she can hear way better than I can. At this point I'm OK with a faint low pitch whir and $250-$350 in my pocket.

Unread 02/17/2013, 11:58 AM   #123
SimonSKL
Registered Member

I have two Vortech MP40WES running in my 125g tank and when they are in pulse mode, I could hear it from at least 5 ft away. Can you hear the WP40 from 5 ft away at full power?

Is the ramping up and down gradual or instant? I understand the control knob adjusts the interval between cycles, can you adjust the intensity of the flow at all?

Good information Ron. Thanks for sharing

Mixed LPS and SPS corals

Unread 02/17/2013, 12:00 PM   #124
GSMguy
Registered Member

The mp-40 is pretty loud in pulse mode but the Jebo is under water so I would expect it to be quieter than the the MP-40.

The newer Ecotech pumps mp-10 and mp-60 seem to be quieter than the MP-40.

Unread 02/17/2013, 12:08 PM   #125
paul26
Registered Member

congrats on the pump ron! I just noticed your in Cape coral? lol im in Fort Myers! I feel like an idiot, i should have bought one when they were in stock. That pump looks HUGE also.

paul26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buy a tunze, haters gonna hate, jeabo, jebao, jebo, mp40, wave maker, wp40