Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/25/2019, 06:40 AM   #1
reefteaser
Convince'em or confuse'em

Change in waste pressure

Yesterday I pulled my RODI filter from the closet, made a enough water for a 24 gallon change, and filled 6-3gal jugs to fill my empty top off containers. This is a normal, bi-weekly routine, a plan that has been years evolving from my personal and professional wants and needs.
When I started the water, right away the waste water was coming out much stronger than usual. This was before turning on the boost pump and flush valve open. With the pump on and flush valve closed, it slowed, but still stronger than usual. The rate at which it produced RODI stayed the same. RO filters (2) are original, 3+ years. Sediment and 2 carbon blocks are only a couple months, and I added a stage to separate Anion, Canon, and mixed bed last summer. All of those have yet to change color, TDS from RO water is around 4, sometimes 3, and 0 before and after the mixed bed.
Ok, after that long winded windup, does my stronger waste
water mean anything other than my source water pressure was higher than usual? Is it time to change my RO filters?

reefteaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2019, 07:03 PM   #2
mcgyvr
Registered Member

If the waste was stronger you wouldnt still have the same production rate...
Maybe your mind playing tricks on you...maybe some junk in the waster line acting like a finger over half the garden house end..