Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society (SCMAS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/24/2007, 04:08 PM   #26
reefkoi
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Thurge
I would be happy to build them, I would just need to know how you want them and some wood. ie full on stand with sides and doors, or a spiffed up frame. I have all the tools to do it, and even a planer so I can use unfinished woods.
Alright cool, when Eric gets the tanks rolling i'll contact you an we can meet out there and build them. nothing fancy no doors or anything just plain stands with a plywood top is all. I think we will need 3 or 4 of them.

Current Tank Info: A 600gal. on Zeovit & a 240gal.
reefkoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2007, 04:32 PM   #27
LarryW
Premium Member

ok I will run off 4 sheets of 12

LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2007, 05:23 PM   #28
reefkoi
Premium Member

sweet, maybe we should buy a small business card laminator soon so we can make these saltwater proof
Chris

Unread 08/24/2007, 09:30 PM   #29
Reet15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryW
ok, here's rev.2
I need to adjust the text a little as fars a centering the 10%/20% lines. Overall I think it looks pretty good. I can also make the font larger.

That looks great Larry! But our website is www.scmasclub.com.

Unread 08/24/2007, 09:47 PM   #30
reefkoi
Premium Member

I think thescmas.com is a site he purchased for the club so both will work. As long as we don't use myscmas which someone else owns.

Unread 08/24/2007, 11:21 PM   #31
Huhhhhh
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by reefkoi
ok if you can fit phone #'s in that would be cool, it will be a little crowded and not as clean looking as what you've done but worth it I think.
Thanks for doing this Larry.

I love it when members put their talents to use for the club, now if we can find a framer to put together all of our frag tank stands......
I have a really neet idea about the stands. I need to find the prints though.

And remember you can always lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Current Tank Info: 125 Gallon Reef w Fish
Huhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/25/2007, 08:27 AM   #32
LarryW
Premium Member

I updated the cards and put both URL's on there....

Unread 09/30/2007, 09:49 PM   #33
Huhhhhh
Registered Member

Eric finalized Fishy Business becoming a sponsor over the weekend. As I understand it they will be offering club members a 10% discount and throwing in a raffle item here and there. I get the information to Larry so he can post it on our SCMAS site.

Please try and stop by and let them know you appreciate them coming on board.

Unread 11/06/2007, 10:18 AM   #34
Seamen 4 Life
Moved On

Your post is in violation of the terms and conditions of use of this web site and has been edited. Further violations will result in revocation of your posting privileges.

Last edited by BlueCorn; 11/06/2007 at 11:03 AM.
Seamen 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2008, 10:39 PM   #35
Mustang394
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Huhhhhh
Eric finalized Fishy Business becoming a sponsor over the weekend. As I understand it they will be offering club members a 10% discount and throwing in a raffle item here and there. I get the information to Larry so he can post it on our SCMAS site.

Please try and stop by and let them know you appreciate them coming on board.
Actually Fishy Business stopped sponsoring this particular club in April 08 why is this still here?

Current Tank Info: Oceanic 22+ Seahorse, 90 gal LPS & Softies, 120 gal LPS & SPS
Mustang394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2008, 06:35 AM   #36
Deuce67
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustang394
Actually Fishy Business stopped sponsoring this particular club in April 08 why is this still here?
Wow! You cant just let it go. There is not a whole lot we can do as far as moderating on RC Fishy Business. All we can do is just request the mods here either to delete or unsticky this thread. Man, you must have found out about FragStock huh? Anyways, since there is a lot we can do on our own website, if you like, I will personally delete everything that mentions Fishy Business. Past or future post unless someone has a bad experience from your store. Hey we have to protect our members right? Sure, you had a problem with 1 of our board members, but there is 4 more you could have talked to to resolve the issue. Instead, you took it out on the entire club and pulled the plug. That was your decision. You quit on us! You threw it in our face that you recieved miniscul profits from the club. I dont buy that. Personally, prior for you pulling the plug, I have spent the most money at your store at the time. Everytime I walked in there, there was at least 1 other club member in there. Shame on you! Dont expect any of us coming over to kiss your butt. It isnt going to happen. Again, you quit us! You never gave us a chance to resolve the issue. YOU QUIT ON US! Please, just let it go. BTW, since you are making your point of you not sponsoring us, is the reason why I wrote this post. The reason why you dont sponsor us anymore.

Last edited by Deuce67; 09/18/2008 at 06:51 AM.
Deuce67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2008, 08:33 AM   #37
Mustang394
Premium Member

Funny you don't mention the real reasons. Or the fact it was your president that made it all public by posting my private messages to him and other board members in to a public forum. Had nothing to do with profits or lack of them and you know it.

I'm done maybe you will let it go here and on your own site.

Or atleast get the mods to move this and Tims post like you did the other posts.

Current Tank Info: Oceanic 22+ Seahorse, 90 gal LPS & Softies, 120 gal LPS & SPS
Mustang394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2008, 09:12 AM   #38
Huhhhhh
Registered Member

You know the funny thing about history is that when we forget, we are doomed to repeat it.

I think the history between Fishy and SCMAS should remain visible to all who may want to know the past history between us so the same mistakes aren't repeated in the future.

Unread 09/18/2008, 09:14 AM   #39
LarryW
Premium Member

sure your done..... that's why you troll our site. either way we don't care. our club is over it, and OUR REAL SPONSORS are happy about the business we bring them. Have you seen that list grow daily? you seem to check the site that often.

Unread 09/18/2008, 04:27 PM   #40
reefkoi
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustang394
Funny you don't mention the real reasons.
You know I really tried hard to stay out of this, but I still have never heard the "REAL REASON'S" please state it once and for all publicly so we can put this to rest. I sure don't know the reason why you left, you never said anything to me or the rest of the board unless it's a secret?
The only "real reason" I can remember is you said that the club "SCMAS" provided only .018% of fishy Business' total profit, that's the only reason I remember you giving us.
Thanks,
Chris

Unread 09/17/2014, 01:49 AM   #41
stifrk
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce67 View Post
Wow! You cant just let it go. There is not a whole lot we can do as far as moderating on RC Fishy Business. All we can do is just request the mods here either to delete or unsticky this thread. Man, you must have found out about FragStock huh? Anyways, since there is a lot we can do on our own website, if you like, I will personally delete everything that mentions Fishy Business. Past or future post unless someone has a bad experience from your store. Hey we have to protect our members right? Sure, you had a problem with 1 of our board members, but there is 4 more you could have talked to to resolve the issue. Instead, you took it out on the entire club and pulled the plug. That was your decision. You quit on us! You threw it in our face that you recieved miniscul profits from the club. I dont buy that. Personally, prior for you pulling the plug, I have spent the most money at your store at the time. Everytime I walked in there, there was at least 1 other club member in there. Shame on you! Dont expect any of us coming over to kiss your butt. It isnt going to happen. Again, you quit us! You never gave us a chance to resolve the issue. YOU QUIT ON US! Please, just let it go. BTW, since you are making your point of you not sponsoring us, is the reason why I wrote this post. The reason why you dont sponsor us anymore.
Fragstock, I assume this was what Reefstock started as before being stolen from SCMAS?

stifrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/29/2014, 08:28 PM   #42
murfman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifrk View Post
Fragstock, I assume this was what Reefstock started as before being stolen from SCMAS?

murfman is offline   Reply With Quote