Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/12/2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Avalon_Princess
Registered Member

Those with 12" cube tanks...

The search feature highly dislikes the term 12" so I've been unable to use it to find threads about them. Next year I get to do the fun move to university and I fully intend to take some form of a reef tank with me. However the uni has limited tank size to 15l (4g). I'm planning on pushing it slightly and taking 12" cube as it really doesn't look like a 27l tank and besides I'm sure the actual water capacity will be more like 15l after LR and corals LOL. Right now I'm planning to run it with some of the equipment from my current nano, so a 150w Metal Halide and 1000l/ph canister and a 25w heater. And try to keep those as the only equipment just for ease of use. Barebottom obviously in case we're required to move out during the holidays.

What I'm looking for those is lists of equipment other people use on their 12" cube, the livestock in the tank and some pictures!

I've seen the video that someone has currently posted but that seems the only 12" cube that I come across....

Avalon_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2009, 05:53 PM   #2
nate82
Registered Member

I would look into seeing if your school will let you use halides... most won't because people use them to grow pot... That's small for a university... mine's 10g bummer. Even if you're school allows halides.. 150w seems like a lot of light... and heat..

Current Tank Info: 45g cube in the works. With 15g sump, 10g fuge, DIY LEDs. and more
nate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Avalon_Princess
Registered Member

It's a clip on that I use at the moment, as long as it's well above the tank and not enclosed it makes no difference to the tanks temperature.

Avalon_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote