Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/23/2014, 10:55 PM   #1
easperhe
Registered Member

Help - what is killing fish??

All,

I bought a Foxface Lo about 3 months ago. I quarantined for a couple weeks and he seemed fine and put him in my display tank. He seemed to be doing OK but maybe was getting skinnier. I then bought a diamond goby. I didn't quarantine as I bought from some I trust who said the fish had already been quarantined. After putting the diamond goby into the tank about 2-3 weeks ago, things have been going downhill. The Foxface, that I think was already going downhill, got very skinny and died. Then, my sailfin tang, hippo tang, and flameangle all got ICH.

I moved the tangs and FA to hospital tank and dosed with Cupramine. All seemed to be going OK until yesterday (near end of 2 weeks of copper). The ICH was definitely gone (from sight). The hippo was suddenly not eating and hiding all the time. Then this morning, both hippo and sailfin tang died. The flame angle seems OK for now. But now I see a blood spot/hole within a white path on my yellow goby. I noticed the introduction of a white patch on the yellow watchman goby a couple weeks ago but it didn't seem to get worse until now. Plus, I now see that the sailfin maybe had a laceration on his tail (on both left and right sides). Pics are below.

Help!! Any ideas what this is??? Water parameters are all excellent.

Sailfin #1.jpg Sailfin #2.jpg
Hippo Tang.jpg Yellow Goby.jpg

easperhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2014, 03:24 PM   #2
lynchmob3000
Registered Member

Looking at the pic I see his gills are wide open (maybe swollen) and a red ish color. Sorry to see this I just fought something funky myself.

lynchmob3000 is offline   Reply With Quote