User Tag List

Unread 09/25/2016, 12:25 AM   #301
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
I knew you'd be in love the minute you saw that A. caroliniana Dom

She's very purty.........
She's very purty indeed! There was a little green glowing piece as well that would have looked awesome but I spent my budget on the two fish, a titanium heater and the big caroliniana lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinphillip03 View Post
I am happy to see your about ready to stock your tank with SPS. You have been patient, and your patience will pay off.

Marty
Still needs a little more work just to perfect the parameters but I'm really happy with how it's come along

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2016, 12:37 AM   #302
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Alrighty, well I think it's time for a proper update rather than being dobbed in by Andrew....

A week or two ago now, I was finally able to pick up my Vectra because the delivery person changed as the previous one was delivery before opening hours that were plastered all over the front of the shop... lol
My homemade attachment has allowed an easy attachment with a little clear pvc tubing

Even though I'm only running it on the very lowest setting lol I'm really happy with it A little bit of filter pad while I have no sock holder helps lol

Up next is the tank and some new fish

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Unread 09/25/2016, 12:53 AM   #303
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Well Friday was one of the best tank days I've had in a while it began with a message to Andrew that was simply a picture and the statement "let it begin"

(I think I upset because he couldn't get away from work )

Not only did I get to pick up the fish I've had on hold for nearly 2 months now but I also got to pick the other fish from my list that I've been waiting 3yrs for
The first little guy I got to to cross off my list that I'm absolutely in love with is my liopropoma susumi!! These guys are nice and cryptic like the possum wrasses I want to add and make for a nice contrast to the out and about wrasse My little Susy has taken up residence next the clam under it's mantle not a great photo but in the bag before going in.

But that's not all... I picked up one of THE COOLEST fairy wrasse there is and the one I've been holding for some time!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/25/2016, 01:12 AM   #304
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Now for the equal best bit! lol the one everyone has been waiting for, the one I've been eluding too but not making any mentions of exact details. I've been very cautious about it because it has cost me an arm, leg and my liver.. I wanted to make sure that things went well when he went into the tank And I'm happy to say he's one of the quickest settling fish I've ever had lol starting smashing pellets within hours even though the longfin was picking on him to let him know who's boss! All aggression is now sorted and everyone is happy
May I present to you all my absolutely amazing cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis (Golden Rhomboid Wrasse)

Funnily enough, this isn't the wrasse I've had on hold for the last little while lol I got in on Friday morning and low and behold there was another one in the stock tanks!! He was half the size of the other guy and a quarter of the colouration as he'd only come in the night before and so he was a little pale and still is a little pale as well but given a month or two he will be even more colourful

I'm happy to report that everyone is happy and settled and my wrasse tank is looking very nice lol
My sweetie earmuff is still going strong too!

And while he's a bit of a ***** to the carpenters sometimes the longfin is still one pretty fish!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/25/2016, 01:14 AM   #305
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

They're all greedy little pigs too! lol

Also what's the point of all these updates if there is no decent FTS lol the tank has cleared up amazingly and the sump and skimmer has made a huge difference!! Not long till we really start becoming acro city again!!!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/25/2016, 05:28 AM   #306
slin1977
Registered Member

I love the way your fish swim mate, kicking goals buddy!

Unread 09/25/2016, 07:51 AM   #307
aggie13reef
Registered Member

Awesome update man! That earmuff wrasse is something else, I have never seen one for sale in any of my LFS. If I had I would surely have one. That return pump is pretty sweet too

65 gal DSA
aggie13reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2016, 11:14 AM   #308
Rakie
In Memoriam

nice pickups!

So you don't run a Quarantine?

Rakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2016, 12:21 PM   #309
joshky
Acros & Wrasses

Love all the new additions Dom, and you won't be disappointed with that Vectra! I think your Rhomboid may be sub-male or female which is why it may not be as colorful as the one you had on hold, regardless in your situation it's a very smart decision to grab the smaller one, now you get to have it for even longer. It'll be a really nice terminal phase male in no time, fairies just can't help it in our small glass boxes.

My 80g: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677031
joshky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2016, 05:02 PM   #310
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slin1977 View Post
I love the way your fish swim mate, kicking goals buddy!
Thanks man, this vid is for you then lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie13reef View Post
Awesome update man! That earmuff wrasse is something else, I have never seen one for sale in any of my LFS. If I had I would surely have one. That return pump is pretty sweet too
Yeah, he's (I completely missed the beginning of the transformation till someone pointed it out haha) is a wonderful fish! Doesn't care about anyone else and is a gorgeous and unique fish that I adore! Yeah I'm thrilled with the vectra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
nice pickups!

So you don't run a Quarantine?
I think I scored pretty darn well haha
And I don't, it's a big risk I know but I trust my lfs completely. The guy is absolutely fish crazy. I know every one says it but I simply do not have the space to run one either, the apartment we live in is minuscule lol and even a 10g wouldn't fit.
My method of insanity is just feeding a sh!tload of high quality food and knowing what each fishes requirements are so they get the best chance possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshky View Post
Love all the new additions Dom, and you won't be disappointed with that Vectra! I think your Rhomboid may be sub-male or female which is why it may not be as colorful as the one you had on hold, regardless in your situation it's a very smart decision to grab the smaller one, now you get to have it for even longer. It'll be a really nice terminal phase male in no time, fairies just can't help it in our small glass boxes.
Thanks Josh and I certainly don't think I'll be disappointed
You could be right He did only come in the night before I picked him up so I think a lot of the colour loss is transit stress but give him a week and we'll know for sure! I cannot wait for terminal phase though!! I think rhomboids are one of the nicest fairies out there

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/26/2016, 03:52 AM   #311
biggles
Registered Member

I asked Dave about getting one of the three $50- longfin's for my tank last visit Dom.

' Oooohhh no they're jumpy, VERY jumpy '

' So what you're saying is i might as well throw it in the gutter as soon as i leave the shop Dave '

' Well you have lost a few to jumping '

' You sold me jumpy fish that's why Dave '

I then walked off saying ' yeah yeah yeah ' over what ever it was Dave was trying to reply with............. THAT is how you win an argument with your LFS owner people.

Looking good Dom, the new non jumpy fish that Dave got in for you look awesome buddy

Unread 09/26/2016, 05:45 AM   #312
FloformAustria
Registered Member

looking good Dom!

wonderful fish addition!!!

cheers

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2016, 08:13 AM   #313
reefmutt
Registered Member

Looking great, Dom!
You know how you feel about me and my mitratus? Well the feeling's mutual for you and your caroliniana!
I'm betting the next round of photos has a slightly more branchy reef..
Can't wait!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/29/2016, 04:00 PM   #314
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
I asked Dave about getting one of the three $50- longfin's for my tank last visit Dom.

' Oooohhh no they're jumpy, VERY jumpy '

' So what you're saying is i might as well throw it in the gutter as soon as i leave the shop Dave '

' Well you have lost a few to jumping '

' You sold me jumpy fish that's why Dave '

I then walked off saying ' yeah yeah yeah ' over what ever it was Dave was trying to reply with............. THAT is how you win an argument with your LFS owner people.

Looking good Dom, the new non jumpy fish that Dave got in for you look awesome buddy

Trust Dave to not let you buy a jumpy fish and then try and blame you as well, the nerve! lol

Thanks Andrew I'm pretty happy with it at the moment and I think over the next week or two we might need to have a play date and get some acro into the tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloformAustria View Post
looking good Dom!
wonderful fish addition!!!
cheers
Thanks Flo It's a fish I never ever thought I'd ever get the chance to see in person let alone have the ability to actually buy! So when I saw it in person in the store, I jumped on it straight away lol then when it came to the big buy day and the little guy was there as well I was sold even more immediately!! lol happy days

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Looking great, Dom!
You know how you feel about me and my mitratus? Well the feeling's mutual for you and your caroliniana!
I'm betting the next round of photos has a slightly more branchy reef..
Can't wait!
Cheers Matt
As soon as I walked into the store I got Mark to put it aside for me, there's not much that beats caroliniana and those that do we can't get so I'm stoked!! There were a few other stunner pieces there but two fish and my favourite acro of all time was enough for me in one day that being said I might not be so contained when I head over tomorrow

I'm hoping so too! lol

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/30/2016, 03:50 AM   #315
FloformAustria
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post

Thanks Flo It's a fish I never ever thought I'd ever get the chance to see in person let alone have the ability to actually buy! So when I saw it in person in the store, I jumped on it straight away lol then when it came to the big buy day and the little guy was there as well I was sold even more immediately!! lol happy days
would have bought it too!!

how do you like your Vectra so far?

Cheers Buddy

^Austrian Reef Club^

Unread 09/30/2016, 08:13 AM   #316
martinphillip03
Registered Member

Dom, do you have some sort of netting over the tank?

Marty

martinphillip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2016, 08:16 PM   #317
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloformAustria View Post
would have bought it too!!
how do you like your Vectra so far?
Cheers Buddy
I'm definitely loving it! Silent and is doing exactly what it should be I'm certainly happy I spent the cash and got it!

Quote:
Dom, do you have some sort of netting over the tank?

Marty
Yep, the tank and overflow are all covered up to stop any escapees lol

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 10/01/2016, 09:01 PM   #318
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Headed down to Dave's yesterday for my weekly visit, stayed a few hours as usual.. Dave said he was going to get me a blankie and pillow for my next visit which will be nice
The sad part about my visit was my budget and my clam-saturation level in the tank! because he had some AMAZING tiny clams in

Along with a pretty cool piece of monti!

My purchases were purely boring but cool none the less! I was finally able to get a set of 5L bottles of AF Component 1, 2 and 3 I will be switching to DIY once I finish them but they're fantastic dosing containers Also got some phosminus as well just to run as I feed so bloody much!

I did manage to score a couple of corals though, a super glow in the dark green smoothskin and a rock of Clementine zoa's I got home to find Piggles asleep in his favourite spot though, basking in the glow of the frag tank!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 10/01/2016, 09:02 PM   #319
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Aside from that the tank is kicking goals here and there! Everything is looking really clean and happy. Hopefully the first acro bomb drops in the next week
Some quick shots of the tank though:

A few months and this rock will look pretty special!

And a friend come to say hello

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 10/02/2016, 12:39 AM   #320
deaclauderdale
Lover of Fishies

Everything is looking good Dom, and you should've snatched that while lot of clams...lol

Reef keeping is life!

Current Tank Info: Cadlights 70 reef tank, 2 Gen 2 Radions, BM Curve7 Skimmer
deaclauderdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2016, 06:44 AM   #321
plyle02
Registered Member

Top notch Dom, you have chosen some really sweet equipment, I think I see a kore 5th driving AF Component 123 Cheers, the tank is coming along nicely!!!

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2016, 07:10 AM   #322
martinphillip03
Registered Member

Potatohead came to visit? Much better than Kevin.

Marty

Quote:
And a friend come to say hello

martinphillip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2016, 11:22 AM   #323
joshky
Acros & Wrasses

I hate seeing beautiful clams, I always want to buy all of them.

Tank is looking great Dom, really looking forward to your next update?

My 80g: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677031
joshky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2016, 04:52 PM   #324
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaclauderdale View Post
Everything is looking good Dom, and you should've snatched that while lot of clams...lol

Reef keeping is life!
Cheers man I'm pretty happy with how it's rocking along and I definitely can't complain! The tank is one piece of equipment away from the perfect plan I had in my mind coming into this tank and that never happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by plyle02 View Post
Top notch Dom, you have chosen some really sweet equipment, I think I see a kore 5th driving AF Component 123 Cheers, the tank is coming along nicely!!!
Given the expense that's going into the tank this time around with my clams, fish choices and the amount of acro that will be present, I've decided to splurge a little and that's difficult on a budget! lol You'd be correct though, that's a Kore driving my AF dosing and it's also running my ATO too I love it Drives me insane when I get lazy and skip steps though but that's my fault haha
Thanks Perry Means a lot coming from you!

Quote:
Potatohead came to visit? Much better than Kevin.

Marty
haha not quite, that there is Humbert Humbert Named after the stepfather in Lolita so we wouldn't feel bad if the hawks got him when he was originally added haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshky View Post
I hate seeing beautiful clams, I always want to buy all of them.

Tank is looking great Dom, really looking forward to your next update?
You think that's bad, I was there, staring at them. Just drooling into the acro tank! I would have taken home 4 of them if I had the budget!!

Thanks Josh and the next one should be preetttyy good hopefully I'm even going to change the 10 month old Radium bulb today for when they arrive lol

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 10/03/2016, 01:47 AM   #325
FloformAustria
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm definitely loving it! Silent and is doing exactly what it should be I'm certainly happy I spent the cash and got it!
that is what i wanted to hear!

wanna get me a new returnpump as well... but will wait...

pictures looking good Dom!

Cheers

^Austrian Reef Club^