Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/30/2006, 09:39 AM   #1
rededteck
Registered Member

Just placed my order of "the package"

It is to arrive in Pittsburgh at 7:00 pm tonight.

My 220 gallon currently has 300 lbs of fiji rock and it is 7 years old. I look forward to having something different and some new stuff to look at tonight.

I am like a kid at Christmas.

Current Tank Info: 220 gallon acrylic reef, live rock, corals, fish, Euroreef CS8-2, CS6-2, Hamilton 250watt 14000k w/ 54watt T5 actinics, running since 1999
rededteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2006, 10:58 PM   #2
ybenormal
Registered Member

How much did you order?

I'm sure you will be very happy with the new rocks and seing all of the new life in your tank. We will want to see pics though!!

ybenormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2006, 06:29 AM   #3
rededteck
Registered Member

A little about my system , 220 gallon acrylic tank with Hamilton T5 actinic blue and 14k 250w MH for lighting. I use a Euroreef 8 inch skimmer that is just awesome, I have 3 tangs, 1 flame angel, 1 maroon clown, 1 sebae clown and 1 Six line wrasse.

I Purchased 50 lbs of live rock and 25 lbs of live sand. As my tank is older and more mature I was looking to enhance rock and sand with some different ocean species. This ended up being 3 pieces of rock as it is extremely dense. 1 piece of rock was about 35 lbs and it is actually the largest piece I have in my entire tank. There were then 2 smaller rocks, one had cup corals and such on it, they other I cannot really see much as of yet. I will receive the remainder of the inverts some time in the future.

Water parameters, ammonia is nil, nitrates went up to 10. pH was 8.3. I dose my tank with C balance daily. I also run carbon, (phosguard and nitrate remover) when necessary like today.

It is hard to tell at this point about what is on the rock as it has only been in for 8 hours. I have seen several crabs inside many holes, they havent come out so I cannot tell what they are. I have seen a small porcelain crab and I found a small gorilla crab the size of your pinky nail. I placed the gorilla in my sump. I also have a few whelks and a 2 inch long nudibranch??? that has bristles and is darker in color. He was on the glass this morning when I got up. I have also seen a few small brittle stars that are just teeny tiny, they are easy to miss.

I will say there is no comparison to fiji rock. You just do not get the life forms that you do on Richards rock. He also packages it very well, there were no leaks and he uses thick mil bags that were quadruple layered.

Based on how this rock does I will place another order with him in the future for some coral rock. I hope the look of fiji and this rock blend in well together!!!!

That is all for now, I will send updates once the rock shows me what is on it!

peace

Current Tank Info: 220 gallon acrylic reef, live rock, corals, fish, Euroreef CS8-2, CS6-2, Hamilton 250watt 14000k w/ 54watt T5 actinics, running since 1999
rededteck is offline   Reply With Quote