Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/16/2007, 06:57 PM   #1
twodaend
Registered Member

Retrofit for AGA Pine Canopy

I have a 75 gallon AGA tank with the AGA pine canopy. I'm not sure excatly what I want to keep, still researching, but I know I want to keep some of the easier corals. I don't think I'll be getting into the more diffcult corals anytime soon.

Right now, I'm look at the T-5 lighting. I've really been looking at the TEK LIGHT T-5, 48" Light Fixture 4 x 54W lamps or the NOVA Extreme 48" T-5 Fixture 4 x 54W. As I was looking, I was wondering if I could get something that I could attach to the top of the canopy rather than sitting on the glass cover or being put on legs? If so, what exactly should I get. I've seen a few things, but not exactly sure what I'm getting, and what I need. Any links would help.

Thanks

twodaend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2007, 07:13 PM   #2
scubajsm
Registered Member

I got the retro fit Tek T-5 and mounted those in my canopy with a fan. My tank is only a 55 but the same length just not as deep. I was only able to put 2 in it due to the hinges on the canopy. You should be able to put 4 and I would put 2 fans (I used coralife) if you have room, on the sides. I just got my new tank in, and I'm putting 2 retro fit kits (4 Tek T-5's again, only 5ft this time). I'm not familar with the NOVA's, but either way you should be able to mount them w/o any problems IMO.

scubajsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2007, 07:27 PM   #3
twodaend
Registered Member

Where did you get your Tek T-5 kits from?

twodaend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2007, 08:20 PM   #4
scubajsm
Registered Member

I bought both of mine from my LFS.

scubajsm is offline   Reply With Quote