Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/31/2008, 01:31 AM   #1
blakeoe
Registered Member

where can i find a new tank frame?

The center brace on my 72 bowfront cracked and instead of making something to replace it i would like to just by a new one and replace the whole top frame. Has any one done this? is it hard? where do i get the frame?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Current Tank Info: 72 gallon bow front
blakeoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/31/2008, 08:35 AM   #2
orb
Registered Member

the vendor. i needed one for an "all glass aquarium" brand, and they sell replacements.

orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2008, 01:38 PM   #3
blakeoe
Registered Member

is it hard to install?

Unread 02/18/2008, 03:31 PM   #4
orb
Registered Member

shouldn't be. you'd have to remove the old frame and all the old silicone. then just reseal it with new silicone, and let it sit for a couple days to dry.

i never actually replaced mine. my 55 is still empty in the closet with it's broken brace :/

when i contacted the vendor, the lady told me to make sure i had the right manufacturer. i guess the dimensions are slightly different between manufacturers.

it's not hard to replace just the brace-even with water in the tank. a couple people on the forum have done it w/no problems. they replaced theirs with a transparent piece so there was no shadow in the tank. that's what i planned on doing instead of replacing my whole frame. in the end, i just set up a bigger tank

good luck whatever u decide.

Unread 02/18/2008, 05:17 PM   #5
blakeoe
Registered Member

Thanks for all your help! Do you have the website address for allglass? i cant seem to find it. I contacted glass cages but they said they couldnt help me :/ I also tried bracing it with a piece of acrylic but i havent had anything hold up yet. i may be using the wrong glue (i think its weldon #16 by IPS)

Unread 02/19/2008, 02:19 PM   #6
orb
Registered Member

i can find it when i get home, it's blocked here at work. yea, i'm not sure if the weldon will hold. what i've seen is a clear brace installed w/ nylon screws/nuts holding it in place...instead of welding it together.

Unread 02/19/2008, 03:42 PM   #7
orb
Registered Member

here's the contact link for the "all glass aquarium" brand http://www.aqueonproducts.com/about/contact-us/
it used to be www.all-glass.com, no wonder i couldn't find it.

Unread 02/20/2008, 08:01 AM   #8
orb
Registered Member

here's what i was looking for. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...e+center+brace

Unread 03/19/2016, 10:25 AM   #9
ebhammonds
Registered Member

I've got the same problem with my 72 bow front and the company listed above has informed me they do not sell these frames anymore.

Does anyone have a confirmed and current source?

ebhammonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2016, 09:43 PM   #10
clearaquariums
Registered Member

brace it with glass and some silicone

clearaquariums is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/26/2016, 10:35 PM   #11
Energizer8
Registered Member

Also looking for top frame

I am looking for a top frame as well. I have a 72 gallon All Glass Aquarium... My frame has broken at a location that I can't just brace with some glass and silicon. The plastic has cracked clear out to the rim of the frame. I am worried it will give way some day when I am not home http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/im...milies/sad.gif
I have called both Aquean and Marineland, both say they are not available any more. I have called several aquarium supply places that I have found online... no joy.
Anyone have a secret stash?

Energizer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/27/2017, 11:56 PM   #12
Nickyfish
Registered Member

Hello does anyone or has anyone had luck finding a 72 bowfront frame I have a tank with a broken center brace it is full and holds water no problem but I am nervous does anyone know where to acquire this frame or honestly if it's holding water and doing fine do you think I have an issue any help on the subject I will thank you in advance I am new to the form this is my first post have much experience in the hobby and look forward to getting to know everybody thank you

Nickyfish is offline   Reply With Quote