Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/11/2013, 08:54 PM   #276
lkcurr2
Registered Member

Just joined the Red Sea club.. Picked up a used Red Sea 250 with life reef sump. I am upgrading my bio cube to this. Looks like a really nice tank. I have a full in wall 150 so this is going upstairs.

lkcurr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2013, 11:55 AM   #277
mimiki0912
Registered Member

i have a red sea 250 it's been a month and a half since i put my lifestock but i noticed that my water is kind of cloudy,i have a media rack in the back with ceramic,2 carbon and purigen on top but it still cloudy any advice? please help

mimiki0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/26/2013, 06:20 AM   #278
RedSeaKev
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiki0912 View Post
i have a red sea 250 it's been a month and a half since i put my lifestock but i noticed that my water is kind of cloudy,i have a media rack in the back with ceramic,2 carbon and purigen on top but it still cloudy any advice? please help
Hi Mimiki, can this cloudiness be filtered out? if not it is possible that it is a bacterial bloom, could it be fines from substrate ?

RedSeaKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/10/2013, 02:52 PM   #279
Delphinus88
Registered Member

I have a used Red sea max 250 that I have had up and running for about 2 months. I have added an auto top off to keep my water level constant. I am having trouble with my skimmer. Not that I cannot get it to work but that it seems as if the collection chamber does not sit well on the skimmer. It is tilted. This I think is leading to bubbles escaping and then going out into the tank. Is there supposed to be some sort of washer to keep the connection tighter?

Second question. I have ordered new fans to replace the ones in the hood, has anyone added 2 additional fans to bring the total to 6 in the hood? 8 Total if you count the back water cooling fans. I am trying to avoid getting a chiller.

Thanks

Delphinus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/30/2014, 10:20 PM   #280
living_waters
Moved On

Don't know If this thread just died out but I'll give it a shot. Quick pros and cons on the rsm 250 anyone? Please and thank you and annual cost for replacing bulbs?

living_waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 08:46 PM   #281
Reefer82
Registered Member

I know this is an oldie but it was one of the first threads I ever posted in with my first reef tank, the rsm 130.

If any of you are still out there with the original max I have a spare set of hood fans and a brand new moonlight set as well. I thought I sent them with the new owner a couple years ago but I guess not. You cover shipping and they're yours if needed.

Reefer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2018, 11:20 AM   #282
D_Nyholm
Registered Member

Kind of digging up an old thread but couldn't find any other info. Are there cheaper replacement hinges for the red sea max 250 stand? Mine are only a yet and a half old and are rusted are don't pull themselves closed all the way. The door stays open about 1 inch unless I push it closed. Red sea wants about $60 for replacement hinges. Not sure if maybe home depot has similar soft close hinges that may fit? Any success stories?

D_Nyholm is offline   Reply With Quote