Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/20/2013, 07:08 PM   #26
wgraham
Registered Member

I tried to do what the instruction said and still come up with the now2 is not declared. I'm not a programmer. I put the folders in the libraries folder in the sketch and mod to instructions and still come up with the error. I notice in the time library there is already a
DS1307RTC in the folder and also you ask to download another one. Sorry for not understanding

wgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2013, 07:22 PM   #27
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgraham View Post
I tried to do what the instruction said and still come up with the now2 is not declared. I'm not a programmer. I put the folders in the libraries folder in the sketch and mod to instructions and still come up with the error. I notice in the time library there is already a
DS1307RTC in the folder and also you ask to download another one. Sorry for not understanding
you are right, the ds1370rtc already comes with the time download. I will update the readme.

just use this version of time library that is already edited

Attached Files
File Type: zip Time.zip (19.3 KB, 114 views)
d0ughb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2013, 08:04 AM   #28
wgraham
Registered Member

just can't get it to compile doing everything in the instructions. Still getting now2 not declared

Unread 09/22/2013, 11:27 AM   #29
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

Are you using windows? Arduino 1.05?
The only thing I can think of is there must be another copy of Time library that arduino is picking up.

Two things you can try.
close arduino, open and edit Time.h and type like a space or add some comments. Then save and start Arduino. This will force arduino to rebuild the library using the new file.

Last resort is to move the Time library folder from your arduino sketch folder into the main arduino program libraries folder.

If it still does not work, you need to do a full file search for Time.h and Time.cpp to find out where that other copy is.

Unread 09/23/2013, 08:36 AM   #30
AcMonster
Registered Member

awesome! I have most of these parts and am just about ready to dive into this fun! Thanks for the great wrire up. I'll be following.

AcMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2013, 07:30 PM   #31
sdtimer
Registered Member

I can't download this file "LiquidCrystal_V1.2.1.zip", can you upload?

sdtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2013, 07:26 PM   #32
sleepydoc
Registered Member

Very cool! Been thinking about making an arduino controller for a while; may have to jump in!

How did you encase the DS18B20 temp sensor for underwater use, or did you get the ready made one like this?

Unread 09/25/2013, 07:41 PM   #33
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

Yes that kind, except I got it from eBay. Make sure you get the 2m length one on eBay (costs under $3), most just sell the 1m long cable.

Unread 09/26/2013, 09:58 AM   #34
mm.reefs
Registered Member

Hi! Great project!!! I also have most of the parts including the SR8, so I already started playing with your code.

I also got the "now2 not declared" error and was able to solve it. For some reason in my PC, the Arduino 1.5.2 IDE was looking for libraries in "My Documents\Arduino\libraries". I renamed this folder and now the IDE is using only the libraries from "C:\Program Files\arduino\libraries". I hope this will help wgraham.

Now the error I'm getting when compiling is ""TCCR4A was not declared in this scope". Any clues?

mm.reefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2013, 10:20 AM   #35
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm.reefs View Post
Now the error I'm getting when compiling is ""TCCR4A was not declared in this scope". Any clues?
you get that error if the board selected is not mega2560.
if you are still getting that error with mega2560 selected, then I suggest to go back to version 1.0.5.

thanks for sharing the fix to the Time library issue.

the instruction is to
"Download and copy each of the libraries into your Arduino sketchbook folder in a folder named libraries."

The default sketch folder is
My Documents\Arduino
You can change that location in preferences.

Therefore, when you download the libraries, you copy it into a folder named libraries in the Arduino sketchbook folder, so the files look like

My Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time
My Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS1307RTC
My Documents\Arduino\libraries\Flash
My Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal
My Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire
My Documents\Arduino\libraries\SdFat

You can always put all these libraries folders into the libraries folder where the arduino program is installed, just as in your fix. But the recommended way of using libraries that does not come with Arduino install is to place it in a libraries folder in the sketchbook folder.

The Chauvet16 program files are in a folder named Chauvet16 in the Sketchbook folder

My Documents\Arduino\Chauvet16\*

Unread 09/26/2013, 11:54 AM   #36
mm.reefs
Registered Member

YES!!! The "TCCR4A..." error was cleared when the mega2560 was selected. I then carefully check the libraries, selected the correct folder in the "Preference" IDE menu and everything compiled ok.

Now the fun part, hooking up things and loading the sketch to the mega2560. I will let you know the results later.

Thanks for your quick reply!

mm.reefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2013, 04:12 PM   #37
wgraham
Registered Member

I will try it when I get home and see what happens

Unread 09/26/2013, 04:15 PM   #38
wgraham
Registered Member

do you put the libraries in the Chauvet16

Unread 09/26/2013, 04:16 PM   #39
wgraham
Registered Member

what is Sketchbook folder and how do you put libraries in it, sorry for the stupid question just not a programmer

Unread 09/26/2013, 05:17 PM   #40
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

Quote:
what is Sketchbook folder and how do you put libraries in it, sorry for the stupid question just not a programmer
When you start Arduino IDE program, go to File menu and select Preferences. The first item in the dialog is your Sketchbook location.

You put all the library folders inside a folder named libraries inside the Sketchbook folder. The Chauvet16 folder will be at the same level as the libraries folder inside the Sketchbook folder.

If you change the location in the preferences or you just copied the files to the right location, you will need to exit and restart the arduino program.

Unread 09/26/2013, 07:51 PM   #41
wgraham
Registered Member

Thanks for all your help, finally got it to compile, been using this software wrong from day one.

Unread 09/27/2013, 10:00 PM   #42
sdtimer
Registered Member

PLS help me.
I can not upload index.htm to sdcard. I use the standard ethernet+sd shield.

Arduino 2560 program is OK. No any error.

But use curl command line :
* About to connect() to 192.168.1.208 port 8000 (#0)
* Trying 192.168.1.208...
* Adding handle: conn: 0x18bcd48
* Adding handle: send: 0
* Adding handle: recv: 0
* Curl_addHandleToPipeline: length: 1
* - Conn 0 (0x18bcd48) send_pipe: 1, recv_pipe: 0
* Connected to 192.168.1.208 (192.168.1.208) port 8000 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'admin'
> PUT /upload/index.htm HTTP/1.0
> Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46cGFzc3dvcmQ=
> User-Agent: curl/7.32.0
> Host: 192.168.1.208:8000
> Accept: */*
> Content-Length: 62972
>

Stop Here! Not run. The sdcard is 2GB. Format Fat32.

Unread 09/27/2013, 10:12 PM   #43
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

did you copy the index.htm file into the sd card first then try to see if the web server is working by going to http://192.168.1.208:8000

The curl upload is for when you box up your project and you don't have access to remove your sd card from the ethernet shield. You can use it, but at least test first of the webserver code works.

Note that the program will stop if it does not detect temp sensor and ph sensor. If you do not have any of these and you want to test the webserver, you can comment out that part of the code and test.

The program will sound one beep at the start. If you hear two beeps at the end, then everything started up ok.

Unread 09/28/2013, 02:47 AM   #44
sdtimer
Registered Member

Thank you very much, I'm not have other sensor.

I'm chinese man, english is very pool and I con not buy PH sensor. I will comment other code & test webserver.

thank you very mach too.

Unread 09/28/2013, 07:20 AM   #45
sleepydoc
Registered Member

What's the current draw for the relays in the Chauvet SR8? I was thinking about using SSRs, but having a pre-made device like the SR8 is pretty attractive.

Unread 09/28/2013, 08:17 AM   #46
wgraham
Registered Member

d0ughb0y, got everything working but when trying to say something it get an error on the webpage

Unread 09/28/2013, 12:49 PM   #47
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydoc View Post
What's the current draw for the relays in the Chauvet SR8? I was thinking about using SSRs, but having a pre-made device like the SR8 is pretty attractive.
I did not measure it, but I'm pretty sure if you get a 12v 2a power supply, it will be able to handle 2 chauvets and the arduino circuit.

I know for the 8 channel relay board, the current draw for 12v relay is around 200ma with all channels on, and 500ma for 5v relay board with all 8 channels on.

Unread 09/28/2013, 01:05 PM   #48
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

Quote:
d0ughb0y, got everything working but when trying to say something it get an error on the webpage
did you wire up all the hardware like in the connection diagram?

You must have temp and ph probe connected in order for the program to run.

in init sensors, you can see if the sensor initialization fails, it stops the program. So in case you did not get a temp or the atlas stamp and ph probe yet, you must comment out the corresponding code here, and temporarily change getTemp() and getph() to return a hard coded value like 79.0 and 8.0.

Code:
void initSensors() {
  if (initTemp()) {
    p(F("Temp OK.        "));
    logMessage(F("Temp sensor initialized."));
  } else {
    beepFail();
    p(F("Temp Init failed"));
    logMessage(F("Temp Init failed"));
    for(;;);
  }
  if (initPH()) {
    p(F("pH OK.          "));
    logMessage(F("pH sensor initialized."));   
  } else {
    beepFail();
    p(F("pH Init failed  "));
    logMessage(F("pH Init failed"));
    for(;;);   
  } 
}
I suggest testing the web page last until you complete the hardware. you can still load you test sketches to test each piece of the hardware (relays, temp sensor, atlas ph stamp, etc). You can find test sketches by doing google search or just write your own.

The web page is really of very limited use if you do not have the sensors.

Unread 10/09/2013, 03:08 PM   #49
wgraham
Registered Member

Hello d0ughb0y, anymore updates on your controller. I have a question for you, Is it possible to add to the network, like adding more temp, ph control to it and changing the pump names.

Unread 10/10/2013, 06:09 PM   #50
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

The code I put out is how I use the controller for my own requirement. You will/must modify the code according to your requirement using my code as the starting point.

If you can understand the format I used to program the outlets in config.h, that is where you edit the outlet names, functions, schedule, etc. I can describe the format if needed.

I'm thinking of getting a jebao wp-25 and use the pwm to control the pump. The wp-25 takes 5v pwm so the op-amp in my connection diagram is not needed. The plan is to still use the signal from the jebao controller as is by passing through the signal with the option to override the signal, say to activate feed mode from the iPhone instead of having to manually press the feed button on the jebao controller.