Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/28/2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Tank14
Registered Member

Aqua C Remora HOT skimmer issue

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if they were able to get it fixed...
I am not getting a lot of skimmate in the collection cup. The bubbles are not really making up the tube into the collection cup. They kind of just hang out in the tube and eventually a dark sludgy film is in the tube. The skimmate I do get in the cup is very little but very dark. Currently using a MJ 1200 in it. The collection cup is as low as it goes.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? Or is there anything I can do to get it back to its glory skimming days? Thanks!

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." - Oscar Wilde

Current Tank Info: 4'x2'x2' 120gallon mixed reef, 2x Radion Gen2. 40g breeder sump, oct-xs 200 skimmer
Tank14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/28/2010, 03:25 PM   #2
disenchantedone
Registered Member

I wanna tag along on this thread too!

I moved my remora from my 55 gallon reef to a newly set up 34gallon solana and skimmate production is way down. Same info as Tank14, so would appreciate some input guys and gals.

(FWIW, same tank water, rocks, and LS....so that's not the issue for me. And sadly enough, the OEM Solana skimmer has been modded and put in my 55 gallon's sump and is producing skimmate like a champ!)

Current Tank Info: 55 Gallon Reef & 34 Gallon Solana
disenchantedone is offline   Reply With Quote