Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/19/2017, 06:28 AM   #1
hilde123
Registered Member

Help Programming Dual Gyre - Alternating

I'm trying to program two gyre's on opposite sides of the tank. I'd like them to run in forward/reverse (I have the alternating cable for each) where they run in forward for a set period (say 30 s) then reverse for a set duration (say 15 s) with the opposite pumping running opposite schedule. I'd like them to operate in this mode during the day and drop to 20% constant at night. Does anyone have the outlet programs/profiles that they can cut and paste for me to accomplish this? Thanks

hilde123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/20/2017, 06:10 AM   #2
hilde123
Registered Member

Anyone that has a setup similar to this?

hilde123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2017, 05:26 AM   #3
joshrhykerd
Registered Member

I would assume that it uses the Apex "variable speed" port. If it does I have experience programming a Tunze 6055 powerhead and I can't imagine the programming between the two would be all that different. Before I dump my own knowledge out here though you might want to check out this video I found....

Help Programming IceCap Gyre in Apex Controller

Let me know if that video is not what you need and I'll be glad to help you out myself.

Josh

joshrhykerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2017, 10:31 AM   #4
mjc0760
Registered Member

If you're looking for instructions on how to set up two Ice Cap Gyre Interface Modules to work together and create the Apex code, check out this video:

http://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre...ync-anti-sync/

Good luck... it looks complicated, but if I had it to do over again, I would get a new interface module to go with my new XF230 instead of the Advanced Controller. I already had an XF130 running via an Ice Cap / Apex interface module. I love how easy the programming is with the new Maxspect advanced controller running the XF130 and XF230 in OGC mode - - it's a beautiful thing and I didn't write a single line of code - - but I definitely gave up some control by not running them through the Apex...

Aqueon 90g RR, Trigger Systems Emerald 34 sump, 2 Radion XR30w G3 PROs, Vertex Omega 150 Skimmer, MaxSpect Gyre XF130 and XF230, Sicce Syncra Silent 4.0 Return, Apex Controller, Avast ATO, BRS Media R

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon mixed reef
mjc0760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2017, 11:07 PM   #5
Jnasty31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0760 View Post
If you're looking for instructions on how to set up two Ice Cap Gyre Interface Modules to work together and create the Apex code, check out this video:

http://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre...ync-anti-sync/

Good luck... it looks complicated, but if I had it to do over again, I would get a new interface module to go with my new XF230 instead of the Advanced Controller. I already had an XF130 running via an Ice Cap / Apex interface module. I love how easy the programming is with the new Maxspect advanced controller running the XF130 and XF230 in OGC mode - - it's a beautiful thing and I didn't write a single line of code - - but I definitely gave up some control by not running them through the Apex...
Question about giving up control... I would like to use the advanced controller with the gyre as well but was wondering if you program the outlet to feed with the apex that runs the gyre and turn it off for feeding. When the feed cycle is done, will it continue where it was? or does it lose the programming once power is disconnected?

Thank you for your input

Jnasty31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/10/2018, 04:02 PM   #6
shaywood
Registered Member

Hello, I followed CoralVue's directions as described here for running dual gyre on a y-cable:
https://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyr...ync-anti-sync/

Everything seems to be working fine, except - my left gyre appears to be going in reverse. I double checked the propeller direction and they are correct. Any ideas? I'm using a y-cable.

Shawn

Unread 06/06/2018, 08:46 AM   #7
mjc0760
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnasty31 View Post
Question about giving up control... I would like to use the advanced controller with the gyre as well but was wondering if you program the outlet to feed with the apex that runs the gyre and turn it off for feeding. When the feed cycle is done, will it continue where it was? or does it lose the programming once power is disconnected?

Thank you for your input
Sorry... I missed your question re my comment... I use the following code for my Gyre outlet. The gyres stay on for Feed A, and are off for different lengths of time for the other feed modes. And yes, it resumes operation in the same mode (I use OGC) when powered back up.

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then ON
If FeedB 007 Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 040 Then OFF

Aqueon 90g RR, Trigger Systems Emerald 34 sump, 2 Radion XR30w G3 PROs, Vertex Omega 150 Skimmer, MaxSpect Gyre XF130 and XF230, Sicce Syncra Silent 4.0 Return, Apex Controller, Avast ATO, BRS Media R

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon mixed reef
mjc0760 is offline   Reply With Quote