Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/09/2018, 07:28 PM   #1
Capt.Nemo
Registered Member

Kessil height

I have had minimal growth and even some acro's die off. Saw something on Blue Panet and about the coral reefs dieing off due to the sun overheating the reefs. I am running kessil 160we's over a 40 breeder. Lights are 8 inches above water. With a shallow tank, should I be setting up lights based off above the water ? or maybe besed off certain height above my coral?

Current Tank Info: 75 gal salt & 29 gallon fresh
Capt.Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2018, 01:45 PM   #2
reefinmike
Registered Member

light is one of many parameters key to happy corals. are your lights overheating your tank? what is the temperature and maximum swing throughout the day? what is your alkalinity, calcium, PH and how low does the PH drop at night? Nitrates? Phosphates? what intensity do you run your kessils? They are generally brighter than they appear to the eye.