Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/17/2017, 06:57 PM   #1
timnem70
Registered Member

Help.

Have a small RBTA Anemone that is getting worked over (aggressively hosting) by a tiny tomato clown. The thing is the foot is really deep in a rock hole and the rock its on is really big. I would just remove the Nem and put it in a basket but....
Its also not practical to remove the clown as it is part of a breeding pair amd the tank is only a 25 cube. Been doing this a long timsle but am stumped. $100 nem. The mouth is still good amd color is also but it's just not inflating, especially where he rubs. Aaargghhh.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

timnem70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/22/2017, 01:57 AM   #2
CAPT_Dave
Registered Member

Tent a piece of rock over him (not touching or pinching) or put a PVC pipe over him to take away his light. He'll move when he gets hungry and you can scoop him up while he's walking. It shouldn't take more than a couple days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 120 g mixed reef
CAPT_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/22/2017, 08:06 AM   #3
der_wille_zur_macht
Team RC Member

I'd recommend the same thing.

That said, if the anemone was truly unhappy with the clown, he'd probably already be moving.

"It is my personal belief that reef aquaria should be thriving communities of biodiversity, representative of their wild counterparts, and not merely collections of pretty specimens growing on tidy clean rock shelves covered in purple coralline algae." (Eric Borneman)
der_wille_zur_macht is offline   Reply With Quote