Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/15/2006, 03:50 PM   #1
AquaKnight
Registered Member

Lack of interest for Nautilus TE?

I looking into a new skimmer, found the Kent Marine Nautilus TE and noticed it was only $160. Then I tried researching it, but haven't found much. Is there any info here? The only thing I really found was that some guy modded a rio pump on his to a needlewheel and it worked great. But, just thinking with all things in life, somethings are just too good to be true. Does that apply to the TE?

AquaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Roland Jacques
Premium Member

keep looking, their is tons of info here onRC on better skimmers in that price range.

Unread 12/15/2006, 04:05 PM   #3
David Grigor
Registered Member

Nautilus is basically a venturi style skimmer. To get the most out of it you will need a good pressure rated pump. So figure another $100+ for a good pump. By the time you account for that, you can probably do better and with less wattage on a needle wheel skimmer for in the $250-300 range..

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef show tank
David Grigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2006, 05:23 PM   #4
AquaKnight
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Roland Jacques
keep looking, their is tons of info here onRC on better skimmers in that price range.
Oh, I know there is, I was just looking for info on the TE. I planning on running 2 different types of skimmers rather then a large one. I probably will just pony up for a Tunze 9010 and my other would be a AquaC EV120.

Just looking at the Kent, it looks like a decent piece of equipment, so I wanted some opinoins...

AquaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2006, 06:06 PM   #5
bigjames1300r
Registered Member

I have one on my new 90 and it seems to be working great. I got it for 75 bucks from a guy that decided to not go saltwater so it was "used" but still new in the box. For the retail price they are right, you can probably get something better, but I could not beat it for $75.

bigjames1300r is offline   Reply With Quote