Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/17/2017, 08:24 PM   #1
marinelife
Registered Member

Abyzz Help

So I have an abyzz A200 on my closed loop, just got it the other day and realized I plumbed it wrong. I hard plumbed it and the vibration is making alot of noise. I would like to get another pump head and adapters. I called the US Number, email them, facebook messaged them, and even found an old thread on here naming a guy to PM so I did. I have received zero response. This sucks and I hope I never have any real problems with the pump or I am screwed I guess.
Anyone know how to get a response?

All LED since 2010.

Current Tank Info: 375 Gallon Reef with siporax, all LED lighting, and Red Dragon 3 and Abyzz A200 on 2 closed loops.

Last edited by marinelife; 11/17/2017 at 09:00 PM.
marinelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 08:45 AM   #2
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Guess that 10 year warranty is worthless. All I know for sure is Scott from Royal Exclusiv will respond to you promptly and resolve your issues like one would expect with such a high dollar purchase

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 09:09 AM   #3
rvareef
In Memoriam

how much did you pay for the pump?

rvareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 10:05 AM   #4
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

sales@abyzzamerica.com
www.abyzzamerica.com
1-717-502-2999 Jeff Macare

Unread 11/18/2017, 11:54 AM   #5
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvareef View Post
how much did you pay for the pump?
It was $1629

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Unread 11/18/2017, 11:54 AM   #6
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Kreyling View Post
sales@abyzzamerica.com
www.abyzzamerica.com
1-717-502-2999 Jeff Macare
He emailed and called them with no response.

Unread 11/18/2017, 12:35 PM   #7
moondoggy4
Registered Member

Sorry Coralvue now handles everything on the Abyzz pump not, Jeff Macare

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 12:52 PM   #8
ksed
Registered Member

Need to contact CoralVue

ksed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 02:33 PM   #9
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

When did that happen??
Saw Jeff @ MACNA, he even spoke for them.

Unread 11/18/2017, 02:35 PM   #10
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondoggy4 View Post
Sorry Coralvue now handles everything on the Abyzz pump not, Jeff Macare
That is correct. All Abyzz service and support is now handled through Coralvue according the the Abyzz America Announcement last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Kreyling View Post
When did that happen??
Saw Jeff @ MACNA, he even spoke for them.
About a month ago. It was announced via the Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/abyzz.ameri...22770657875955

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 04:11 PM   #11
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
That is correct. All Abyzz service and support is now handled through Coralvue according the the Abyzz America Announcement last month.

About a month ago. It was announced via the Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/abyzz.ameri...22770657875955
He is buying a RD3 230w as we speak. Convinced him that customer service is better and the pump was better all around.

Unread 11/18/2017, 06:45 PM   #12
marinelife
Registered Member

Yep ordered the RD3 today from Premium Aquatics and they are helping me get the new pump head for the Abyzz so I can replumb it in a way that vibrations will not be heard.

Wish I would have known to contact Coralvue, their website does not offer it as an option when submitting a ticket.

Hopefully, once I get the Abyzz hooked up correctly I will not have issues, Paying $1600+ for a pump and not getting support sucks. Makes me regret the purchase but in reality, it should last many many years so I should not have to worry.

P.S. the Abyzz is on sale at Premium right now for less than I paid for mine

All LED since 2010.

Current Tank Info: 375 Gallon Reef with siporax, all LED lighting, and Red Dragon 3 and Abyzz A200 on 2 closed loops.
Unread 11/18/2017, 11:32 PM   #13
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
He is buying a RD3 230w as we speak. Convinced him that customer service is better and the pump was better all around.
I'd love to hear your comparison points!

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2017, 09:50 AM   #14
ksed
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarroll View Post
I'd love to hear your comparison points!
All I hear are crickets!!!!

ksed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2017, 11:01 AM   #15
marinelife
Registered Member

The main reason I went with RD3 as my second pump is support. When you look at the pumps they are not that different. The extra warranty from Abyzz is only good if you get the registration in on time.

I went with an Abyzz because at the time the warranty pulled me in. I starting thinking I wanted a second pump and was looking at another Abyzz but once I started trying to ask questions from Abyzzand hit a dead end. I turned to dmorty217 and said he has used Royals support and they are awesome. Since I was having so much trouble with the Abyzz support Royal got my business. plan and simple. You support your customers you get their business.
I really should return the Abyzz but I feel its a strong solid pump and now knowing Coralvue is the support group, I think I can live with using the pump.

All LED since 2010.

Unread 11/19/2017, 12:12 PM   #16
gcarroll
Registered Member

Abyzz Help

From what I read, you were not having problems with support, just not looking in the right place. Not your fault admittedly but none the less. Even if you talked to the place where you purchased the pump they would have told you there was a new distributor.

I would still like to know how the RD3 is better in every way!

Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...

Last edited by gcarroll; 11/19/2017 at 12:37 PM.
Unread 11/19/2017, 03:19 PM   #17
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarroll View Post

I would still like to know how the RD3 is better in every way!
More Flow, more Silence, cheaper and best support

Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2017, 05:19 PM   #18
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Jansen View Post
This. Just because something has a 10 year warranty doesn't make it automatically better.

Unread 11/20/2017, 01:54 PM   #19
marinelife
Registered Member

I spoke with CoralVue this today. They are handling sales and support now. They are getting me the parts I need and I feel good knowing they are handling everything now.

Give me a year or 2 and I will give you a comparison of both pumps.

All LED since 2010.

Unread 11/20/2017, 03:29 PM   #20
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksed View Post
All I hear are crickets!!!!
Speaking of crickets...

Unread 11/20/2017, 03:33 PM   #21
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinelife View Post
I spoke with CoralVue this today. They are handling sales and support now. They are getting me the parts I need and I feel good knowing they are handling everything now.

Give me a year or 2 and I will give you a comparison of both pumps.
Still trying to figure out why Abyzz, who only make 3 pumps, 1 skimmer pump and a severely overpriced powerhead cant handle customer service on their own? Royal Exclusiv makes more skimmers than the amount of products Abyzz sells total and handles all customer service issue without a 3rd party...

Unread 11/20/2017, 03:59 PM   #22
marinelife
Registered Member

why would they need their own full-time support when the pumps are not going to break
outsourcing makes more sense.

All LED since 2010.

Unread 11/20/2017, 05:18 PM   #23
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Jansen View Post
really I don't want to start a war on this but I have a client whos tank has all Bubble king stuff on it including the media reactors. he has gone thru one or two protein skimmer controller pumps and recently had to buy a new rd3 pump as his controller went out on that and it was the timing of the hurricane. still has to send it to Scott to repair and has been dragging on this as the problem was fixed by throwing more money at his tank.

I think both the RD3 and Abyzz pumps are great products. no one is perfect both of these products have there own niche I just don't see one being better then the other.

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/20/2017, 05:27 PM   #24
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
Speaking of crickets...
Had you replied, I would have replied. I like Klaus, and have no interest in picking apart his claims.

Unread 11/20/2017, 05:41 PM   #25
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishntoboutside View Post
really I don't want to start a war on this but I have a client whos tank has all Bubble king stuff on it including the media reactors. he has gone thru one or two protein skimmer controller pumps and recently had to buy a new rd3 pump as his controller went out on that and it was the timing of the hurricane. still has to send it to Scott to repair and has been dragging on this as the problem was fixed by throwing more money at his tank.

I think both the RD3 and Abyzz pumps are great products. no one is perfect both of these products have there own niche I just don't see one being better then the other.
Please PM me this customers contact info. Warranty replacements are handled by advance exchange and we respond to support emails 7 days a week, night and day. I cannot recall a single customer that has had multiple RD3 skimmer pump failures. The RD3 50’s that are included with most of the skimmers have been rock solid with next to no failures over the last couple years. If a customer is seeing multiple failures, I can’t help but wonder if there is something else going on such as power surges or, since he is in Florida, lightening related issues. Anyhow, please PM me this guy’s contact info so I can get in contact with him. I don’t like loose ends.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote