Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/05/2018, 07:44 PM   #1
blackthunda77
Registered Member

Intestinal worms?

Best pic u can get at the moment. Does my naso look like its dealing with intestinal worms?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

*blackthunda stands for a black Mistubishi 3000GT with black rims I used to own. Don't get any funny ideas!

Current Tank Info: 200 Gal custom tank with dual corner overflows, 80 gal custom sump/refugium, Neptune Apex controller, Dual Lumenmax Elite reflectors with 250 Radiums, SWC 160 Cone Skimmer, 2x Jebao WP-25....and some other stuff.
blackthunda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2018, 11:28 PM   #2
Louis Z
Registered Member

I can’t say for sure but I Remember a MACNA talk that 80% of fish are affected by intestinal parasites

Louis Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2018, 10:46 AM   #3
Louis Z
Registered Member

Fish bendazole from thomaslabs might be worth a try . Fenbendazole

Unread 10/06/2018, 12:17 PM   #4
blackthunda77
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Z View Post
Fish bendazole from thomaslabs might be worth a try . Fenbendazole
I'll take a look. Is it an in tank treatments or food? I have a mixed reef and would like to not kill off any livestock.

*blackthunda stands for a black Mistubishi 3000GT with black rims I used to own. Don't get any funny ideas!

Current Tank Info: 200 Gal custom tank with dual corner overflows, 80 gal custom sump/refugium, Neptune Apex controller, Dual Lumenmax Elite reflectors with 250 Radiums, SWC 160 Cone Skimmer, 2x Jebao WP-25....and some other stuff.
Unread 10/06/2018, 09:06 PM   #5
Louis Z
Registered Member

It can be used as both but not in a display tank with inverts . I would say a food that can absorb it some don’t seem to .i find that some of the cheap foods can swell with it I have the sera brand of dry pellets that softens . I wanted to try the spectrum algae powder gel but you have to heat it for it to become a gel . I don’t think the drug could withstand that . Maybe someone else could chime in .

Unread 10/08/2018, 08:53 PM   #6
blackthunda77
Registered Member

Does anyone recommend prazipro as an in tank treatment?

Unread 10/14/2018, 08:13 AM   #7
blackthunda77
Registered Member

When the fish are passing the worms, are those worms dead? We all know fish like tasting each others poop, so are those worms still re infecting the fish? I'm treating with metro and focus and they are passing the worms.

Unread 10/14/2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Louis Z
Registered Member

They probably are alive And probably passing eggs . They usually are very good at replicating. Metro is good at treating Protozoan infections and worms are not protozoans . They are higher up in complexity . I think the idea of soaking food in your meds is probably the best way to combat them. It takes a larger conc in the water to produce an effective internal drug conc . So better direct way of contact is thru the gastrointestinal route .

Unread 10/14/2018, 12:53 PM   #9
blackthunda77
Registered Member

I currently am soaking pellets, mysis, and even nori in the metro/ focus mixture. All fish are eating the medicated food