Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/08/2015, 10:05 AM   #126
vhuang168
Registered Member

Wonder if that is another difference. I have ver 1 and I can't connect more than 3 feet away. Class 1 external bt adapter.

40g custom AIO --> DSA190Pro
vhuang168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2015, 12:09 PM   #127
africangrey
Registered Member

Has anyone experience bubble or air gap forming in the tubings, making drop dosing impossible. check valves are in all tubing.

africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2015, 02:54 PM   #128
truepercs
Registered Member

I do have some air gaps near the heads. I have only been using mine for water top off and water change at this time. Doser is working as needed. Are you using long lengths of tube?

Unread 12/08/2015, 02:59 PM   #129
truepercs
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
Wonder if that is another difference. I have ver 1 and I can't connect more than 3 feet away. Class 1 external bt adapter.

Do you have latest firmware installed? I wonder if that would make a difference?
Or they could have changed internal hardware from version 1 to 2?

Unread 12/08/2015, 03:40 PM   #130
vhuang168
Registered Member

I running the lasted firmware and software. The main board is completely different between the 1st n 2nd ver. I don't know if the bt radio is different.

After the firmware upgrade, I find that I have to occasionally reset the doser or I can't connect to it.

Unread 12/09/2015, 08:41 AM   #131
soulpatch
Registered Member

So I have a unit coming to me that I purchased black friday. What do I need to be able to connect to it?

Will I need a BT adapter instead of using the one in my tablet/laptop?
Will I need to leave it in metric (dosing I dont care but temp I have no idea what c is so would need decoding chartin stand)
Any concerns with the AWC module I should know of? (I can convert gallon to liter)
Any other quarks I need to be aware of?

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2015, 11:59 AM   #132
lovetoreef
Registered Member

a few tricks I have worked through on setting the doser up ... make sure you have your computer set to 24 hour clock and not 12 hour ... an external blue tooth adapter works better, and, they are only around $15 on amazon ... definitely want to connect in the same room ... I am still not certain on the magnetic stirrer just yet ... I need to find some rigid tubing that I can place in my bottles as opposed to the included tubing as it blocks the magnet from moving freely ... I also wish there was a feature to manually turn the magnetic stirrer on and off for testing purposes

otherwise, I am very happy with the system.

Current Tank Info: planning nano AIO
lovetoreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2015, 04:58 PM   #133
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepercs View Post
No toggle I have version 2...

Most likely US customers may use Fahrenheit settings since it is commonly used here. In some cases we may use doser with slightly different settings resulting in a different experience with interface. I can understand why some may not experience any issues while others do. Perhaps test cases can be expanded to include US market use/preferences

Thanks for the hint, I will use all metric units.
We plan to release next version soon with F scale included. Thank you for understanding :-)

Quote:
Radio are the sames - Class1 BTM222 module(100mW output power).
Please check which output power have your BT module - it should be written on laptop manufacturer page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by africangrey View Post
Has anyone experience bubble or air gap forming in the tubings, making drop dosing impossible. check valves are in all tubing.
Remember about mounting check valves close to DropDose and using shortest as possible tubings.
But more important is check valve placing - and correct tubings/speed(you are able to dose single drops even on Pharmed BPT tubings and fast flow).
Everything depend from proper pump calibration.

Quote:
Do you have latest firmware installed? I wonder if that would make a difference?
Or they could have changed internal hardware from version 1 to 2?

Quote:
I running the lasted firmware and software. The main board is completely different between the 1st n 2nd ver. I don't know if the bt radio is different.

After the firmware upgrade, I find that I have to occasionally reset the doser or I can't connect to it.
Yes, main boards are different - Gen.2 dont have swtich to turn off LCD and have little different looking reset switch.
Radio are the same.

It cant be sourced by firmware upgrade - nothing responsible for connection /data transmission was changed within few last revisions(last changes on 1.3.9x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
So I have a unit coming to me that I purchased black friday. What do I need to be able to connect to it?

Will I need a BT adapter instead of using the one in my tablet/laptop?
Will I need to leave it in metric (dosing I dont care but temp I have no idea what c is so would need decoding chartin stand)
Any concerns with the AWC module I should know of? (I can convert gallon to liter)
Any other quarks I need to be aware of?
If you will need any support or questions - please let us know directly to service@pacific-sun.eu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoreef View Post
a few tricks I have worked through on setting the doser up ... make sure you have your computer set to 24 hour clock and not 12 hour ... an external blue tooth adapter works better, and, they are only around $15 on amazon ... definitely want to connect in the same room ... I am still not certain on the magnetic stirrer just yet ... I need to find some rigid tubing that I can place in my bottles as opposed to the included tubing as it blocks the magnet from moving freely ... I also wish there was a feature to manually turn the magnetic stirrer on and off for testing purposes

otherwise, I am very happy with the system.
You can turn on stirrer for five seconds. If you think that would be good include possibility turning on it manually(turn on/off) please let us know sending mail with hint/suggestion to adam@pacific-sun.eu or work@pacific-sun.eu

Thank you all!

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2015, 09:04 PM   #134
vhuang168
Registered Member

Pacific Sun Kore 5th dosing Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post

Radio are the sames - Class1 BTM222 module(100mW output power).

Please check which output power have your BT module - it should be written on laptop manufacturer page.

It is an external usb class 1 Bluetooth adapter like you guys recommended (honestly this should be listed as a requirement if none of the laptops' internal bt modules are strong enough!).

This exact one
http://www.trendnet.com/products/pro...abs-solution02

Says 20dBm which equates to 0.1W or 100mW

I've tried using the Bluetooth adapter on my desktop which is sitting in the room right above the doser (probably less than 6 feet since the doser is sitting on a shelf above the tank) and it still doesn't work.

Unread 12/10/2015, 04:31 PM   #135
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

If its 20dB it have to work.
If you cant connect - it looks like wrong setup on your PC(firewall/COM port settings) - pls contact with our service they will explain you everything and will help fixing your comp.
Regards

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2015, 04:59 PM   #136
alexx2208
Registered Member

Hey guys.

The website shows out of stock on the foster, so I emailed the US sales, to no reply. I'm looking for a kore 5th, a full mount rack, and a magnetic stirrer. Hoping the cube comes out soon too!

Any ideas on the delayed response, Przemek?

Thanks
Alex

alexx2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2015, 05:26 PM   #137
vhuang168
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
If its 20dB it have to work.
If you cant connect - it looks like wrong setup on your PC(firewall/COM port settings) - pls contact with our service they will explain you everything and will help fixing your comp.
Regards

I can connect. Just not from 2 rooms away or anything further than 3 feet.

Unread 12/10/2015, 05:32 PM   #138
soulpatch
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexx2208 View Post
Hey guys.

The website shows out of stock on the foster, so I emailed the US sales, to no reply. I'm looking for a kore 5th, a full mount rack, and a magnetic stirrer. Hoping the cube comes out soon too!

Thanks
Alex
Ping Marek the owner of reefomania.com as he is the only US distributor right now that I know of.

Unread 12/10/2015, 05:33 PM   #139
africangrey
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexx2208 View Post
Hey guys.

Thanks
Alex
To my best of knowledge, there is no US representative, not as yet, not sure why it has been taking such a long time to identify one. It's challenge to get parts from Poland as postal service took 2-3 weeks to deliver replacement parts.

africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2015, 05:36 PM   #140
soulpatch
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by africangrey View Post
To my best of knowledge, there is no US representative, not as yet, not sure why it has been taking such a long time to identify one. It's challenge to get parts from Poland as postal service took 2-3 weeks to deliver replacement parts.
I ordered from reefomania for black Friday. Small shop but at least he is stateside. He doesn't keep much stock on hand but you save a ton in shipping and exchange fees

Unread 12/14/2015, 09:13 AM   #141
wcharon
Registered Member

I have been using the Kore 5th. doser for some time and it is working great but will like to know which ATO you guys are using it as primary. If the Float or the Optic.

I have been using the floats as primary but have noticed that they activate when they are around 1/4 underneath the level. This is changing my parameters because i use Kalk in the ATO and also affect the skimmer level.

Are you having this issue as well with the Floats to see if i have something bad with mines???

Thanks in advance...

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2015, 04:47 PM   #142
truepercs
Registered Member

I have a nano, not much room for the sensors (no sump)... However I may be able to use the optic for high level warning if I modify the mount.

The evaporation is fairly constant, basically I determined how much is needed each day and I have pump #! adding #amount of ml several times a day. I recently upped my temperature which increased the amount of evaporation. When making an adjustment I will check salinity several times a day to dial it in... It may take a day or to to get it just right but once you have it the rate seems to stays constant. Then check salinity every couple/few days just to make sure all is going fine

You may have to make adjustments when the weather changes... i.e. winter/summer.

Works pretty good for a nano...should work easier for a larger tank I would think it would also be more stable adding water/Kalk in several smaller increments. High water level sensor can be used for alarm?(Nice if it could be set to stop a particular pump(s) down.

Last edited by truepercs; 12/14/2015 at 04:53 PM.
truepercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2015, 05:03 PM   #143
vhuang168
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcharon View Post
I have been using the Kore 5th. doser for some time and it is working great but will like to know which ATO you guys are using it as primary. If the Float or the Optic.

I have been using the floats as primary but have noticed that they activate when they are around 1/4 underneath the level. This is changing my parameters because i use Kalk in the ATO and also affect the skimmer level.

Are you having this issue as well with the Floats to see if i have something bad with mines???

Thanks in advance...

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding the question. Is the ATO triggering before the float hits the bottom of its travel or is the water 1/4" below the float before it triggers. Different problems with different solutions.

I use the optical sensor and use the mechanical floats as too low and too high levels.

Unread 12/14/2015, 06:23 PM   #144
wcharon
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry, I'm not quite understanding the question. Is the ATO triggering before the float hits the bottom of its travel or is the water 1/4" below the float before it triggers. Different problems with different solutions.

I use the optical sensor and use the mechanical floats as too low and too high levels.
Yes... the water is 1/4" below the normal set when it triggers the ATO. My concern is if it is supposed to lower that much for the ATO to trigger because as i use Kalk it increments the PH by .3 after the proper refill and will like to know if yours works like that also..

So you are using the optical as primary right??? Do you have that amount of decrease with the optical also or it stays steady when triggered???

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
Unread 12/14/2015, 06:26 PM   #145
wcharon
Registered Member

Quote:
I have a nano, not much room for the sensors (no sump)... However I may be able to use the optic for high level warning if I modify the mount.

The evaporation is fairly constant, basically I determined how much is needed each day and I have pump #! adding #amount of ml several times a day. I recently upped my temperature which increased the amount of evaporation. When making an adjustment I will check salinity several times a day to dial it in... It may take a day or to to get it just right but once you have it the rate seems to stays constant. Then check salinity every couple/few days just to make sure all is going fine

You may have to make adjustments when the weather changes... i.e. winter/summer.

Works pretty good for a nano...should work easier for a larger tank I would think it would also be more stable adding water/Kalk in several smaller increments. High water level sensor can be used for alarm?(Nice if it could be set to stop a particular pump(s) down.
Well to be honest at least at the moment i don't want to dose Kalk thru a head because i am trying to not depend so much in case of a failure.

Unread 12/28/2015, 10:43 AM   #146
Dgagvgeg
Registered Member

I am having issues as well with this doser and ATO, mostly the ATO system. For one the supplied cords that hook up to the doser are way to short for where i have it installed. I did get extensions for these hook ups, but for some reason it does not appear to be working correctly. The ATO pump does work when i manually turn it on, and pumps water to my sump. But when i enable it, it never kicks on with the dual float hook up. maybe the sensor is bad? or maybe the extensions i got (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia...&skuId=4500008) I also used a simple RCA plugs to extend the length. Now the optical sensor seems to work somewhat, but it does not appear to be stopping the ato once it reaches the sensor. I purchased a cheap audio extension cable to make this one long enough. Maybe i need to move the doser to under the tank, and not use the extensions? So confused and honestly this thing has been giving me more headaches than its worth lol. Can someone post the setting for the ATO with both the optical sensor and the dual float sensor? Maybe I have something wrong in my settings..Thanks in advance

Dgagvgeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2015, 10:52 AM   #147
wcharon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgagvgeg View Post
I am having issues as well with this doser and ATO, mostly the ATO system. For one the supplied cords that hook up to the doser are way to short for where i have it installed. I did get extensions for these hook ups, but for some reason it does not appear to be working correctly. The ATO pump does work when i manually turn it on, and pumps water to my sump. But when i enable it, it never kicks on with the dual float hook up. maybe the sensor is bad? or maybe the extensions i got (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia...&skuId=4500008) I also used a simple RCA plugs to extend the length. Now the optical sensor seems to work somewhat, but it does not appear to be stopping the ato once it reaches the sensor. I purchased a cheap audio extension cable to make this one long enough. Maybe i need to move the doser to under the tank, and not use the extensions? So confused and honestly this thing has been giving me more headaches than its worth lol. Can someone post the setting for the ATO with both the optical sensor and the dual float sensor? Maybe I have something wrong in my settings..Thanks in advance
I am not in the house to help you out now but i will suggest that you avoid the extension for a moment and check without the extensions. That will let you know if the problem is or not the extension.

Also be sure that in the software you have checked the Floats as primary and the optic for secondary. Also, the support team told me that my floats were inverted from the factory.

Let me know how it goes with those changes to see if i can help further.

Unread 12/29/2015, 02:27 PM   #148
Dgagvgeg
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcharon View Post
I am not in the house to help you out now but i will suggest that you avoid the extension for a moment and check without the extensions. That will let you know if the problem is or not the extension.

Also be sure that in the software you have checked the Floats as primary and the optic for secondary. Also, the support team told me that my floats were inverted from the factory.

Let me know how it goes with those changes to see if i can help further.
Going to try this today when i get home from work, will update and let you know if it is working or not, thanks for the input

Unread 12/29/2015, 02:50 PM   #149
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I am hoping someone here can tell me if Yorgos Gregory is still working for pacific sun, I paid for a magnetic stirrer unit several months ago via paypal and I have never received the unit I have sent many emails but no response.

watsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2015, 07:47 PM   #150
Dgagvgeg
Registered Member

Okay update, I have taken down the doser from where i had it mounted, unhooked the extensions and first tried with the dual float valves, and no matter what i did i was unable to get the ATO to pump water into the sump. (although it does work if i turn it on manually). Then i tried using the optical sensor and it works fills the sump with water, (i have pump on for 10 seconds) no matter where the water level is, even if the optical sensor is under water the ato pump will pump water. It does this like 4 or 5 times then has a fill error, i reset the alarm and it does the same thing. I am so fed up with this thing i have unplugged it and might not even turn in back on, currently looking for a new ATO, just hoping i don't have this issue when i start dosing.....

Tags
junk trash