Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/29/2015, 07:54 PM   #151
soulpatch
Registered Member

I would ping them and see what they say about it. They have been fast to reply to my emails with all of my questions since I want a semi unique AWC setup.

That said it sounds like you have a faulty sensor and then the internal controls on the unit kick in stopping it from filling.

I will probably use my Tunze ATO just because I have it already but I will watch for another update from you if you talk to them. I am willing to bet money on faulty sensors though.

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2015, 11:17 PM   #152
cbnhj
Registered Member

I have my unit here and have read through the manual. Some more install instructions would not be bad, but looks fairly straight forward. I am looking forward to using this on my new set up. A well thought out and well built piece of equipment from what I can see.

cbnhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2015, 05:19 AM   #153
wcharon
Registered Member

I suggest to contact Pacific Sun. They usely respond the same day so they can troubleshoot your problem.

I also will suggest you that if you can post pics of the Float Sensors to see if they are inverted, also of the ATO software section and finally get a copy of the backup file. For sure they are going to ask for them and you will have it handy.

If you post the pics i will compare them with mine and give you an idea in the meantime.

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2015, 12:42 PM   #154
Griff500
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgagvgeg View Post
Okay update, I have taken down the doser from where i had it mounted, unhooked the extensions and first tried with the dual float valves, and no matter what i did i was unable to get the ATO to pump water into the sump. (although it does work if i turn it on manually). Then i tried using the optical sensor and it works fills the sump with water, (i have pump on for 10 seconds) no matter where the water level is, even if the optical sensor is under water the ato pump will pump water. It does this like 4 or 5 times then has a fill error, i reset the alarm and it does the same thing. I am so fed up with this thing i have unplugged it and might not even turn in back on, currently looking for a new ATO, just hoping i don't have this issue when i start dosing.....
Check the floats - sometimes they ship with one the wrong way around. Make sure that the optical sensor is deselected when you use the float switches.

Griff500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2015, 01:36 PM   #155
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Okay update, I have taken down the doser from where i had it mounted, unhooked the extensions and first tried with the dual float valves, and no matter what i did i was unable to get the ATO to pump water into the sump. (although it does work if i turn it on manually). Then i tried using the optical sensor and it works fills the sump with water, (i have pump on for 10 seconds) no matter where the water level is, even if the optical sensor is under water the ato pump will pump water. It does this like 4 or 5 times then has a fill error, i reset the alarm and it does the same thing. I am so fed up with this thing i have unplugged it and might not even turn in back on, currently looking for a new ATO, just hoping i don't have this issue when i start dosing.....
Hi
You can check floating sensors using Sensor Check on last tab - moving sensors up /down you will see how their state is changing.
ATO is activated by bottom sensor. Normal position for both sensors is :
- upper on down position
- bottom - high position
Water level should be between upper and bottom sensors.
Moving bottom sensor down ATO should start working.
Be sure that you connected sensors to correct ports - moving sensors up/down you will see which one is changing his state on doser LCD.

If you will need more advanced troubleshooting please contact with service@pacific-sun.eu directly(we work tomorrow up to 2:00pm our local time).

Regards

Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2016, 12:25 AM   #156
africangrey
Registered Member

Quote:
I am having the same issue as you described, sensor check screen show
where low sensor :1 regardless what position the float is, high sensor works fine, respond to up and down position. except the red and black RCA jacks of the switch is reversed.

When Optical sensor is used as an ATO it activates the pump but alarm would sound and despite the water is above the sensor eye.

africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2016, 05:54 AM   #157
wcharon
Registered Member

I am almost sure your lower float is inverted. The bold side should be looking down. There is a vid in Youtube that explains how they should be and how to invert them.

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
Unread 01/03/2016, 06:28 AM   #158
Griff500
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by africangrey View Post
where low sensor :1 regardless what position the float is, high sensor works fine, respond to up and down position. except the red and black RCA jacks of the switch is reversed.
Put the connections the correct way around and check that the float sensors are the right way up, as I mentioned earlier and mentioned above. That should fix it. If it does then update the thread to confirm.

Unread 01/03/2016, 10:54 AM   #159
africangrey
Registered Member

same thing when I flip the float 180 degree, low sensor :1 when in down position, putting the RCA jack in the correct way, red to red, black to black, now the lower sensor : 0 when the upper float is in the up position, something is clearly wrong here.

Temp probe doesn't work either as it's showing 0C

You can see here the lower float is in down position which should have activated the switch.

Unread 01/05/2016, 11:20 AM   #160
africangrey
Registered Member

Had some email exchanges with a support person named Adam at PacSun, was informed that they no longer include the float sensor in the Kore 5th dosing pump as there are so problems reported. He had me installed the new version of software 1.5a which doesn't support check function, then uninstalled it for whatever reason I don't know, but as for now he said just send in the float sensor to the workshop in Poland as they don't have new part to send out for warranty, can someone who just received a new unit over the Black Friday sale confirm that, because as right now, I can only rely on the optical sensor for the main ATO which is not too comforting. And the fact that they still have the float sensor included in their non-pro unit makes me wonder if they really want to help. Below is the email I got from the tech support

Unfortunatelly we don't use floating sensor any more because of problems that we have with them. We resign from selling them a few month ago and we don't have any of spare floating sensor. You can send me your floating sensor and I can check it in workshop what is wrong.

Best regards
Adam Okun
===================================================================|

Professional Aquarium Led Light Pacific Sun
http://www.Pacific-Sun.eu
email: workshop@aquariumled.eu
we are working Mo-Fr 08:00-16:30
tel. +48 587781717, fax +48 58 6611051

Unread 01/05/2016, 12:17 PM   #161
soulpatch
Registered Member

I can look when I get home as I just bought a unit over black Friday.

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2016, 12:26 PM   #162
Griff500
Registered Member

So it's now an auto top-up without a float sensor. The only problems I had with mine were that it was supplied upside down and the bottom sensor was upside down. Sloppy but easily solved. I don't get why they wouldn't simply change the supplier or change their design - it's not exactly the most high-tech bit of equipment in our aquariums.

With the connections in correctly, turn one of the floats over (take it off, turn it over and put it back on). See if that changes things. Just one at a time until you get the right result. If both floats are detected then it should simply be a matter of getting them the right way up. If one float does not indicate a change when you move it then you have a defective product.

Unread 01/05/2016, 12:41 PM   #163
africangrey
Registered Member

And the question is if the defective part is the doser unit itself, if it is then we will have a big problem.
The problem I am experiencing is one of the float doesn't respond what so ever, no matter what orientation it is in. The fact is that when I swap the low float valve to high and high to low the works eliminate the problem exist in the valve itself, so now its either the rod or the base unit, if it is the base unit then I will have return the whole unit to Poland which might cost an upward of $100 just for shipping alone. No fun if you ask me.

Unread 01/05/2016, 12:50 PM   #164
Griff500
Registered Member

Perhaps a loose wire somewhere? It's not good and the real problem seems to be as you said earlier - they are not offering to send a replacement part. Their website says they supply a float sensor:

http://www.pacific-sun.eu/new/index....124&Itemid=215

Unread 01/05/2016, 12:50 PM   #165
africangrey
Registered Member

And it sucks I sold my brand new Tunze ATO for cheap before validating the functionality of Kore 5th ATO.

Unread 01/05/2016, 01:01 PM   #166
africangrey
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff500 View Post
Perhaps a loose wire somewhere? It's not good and the real problem seems to be as you said earlier - they are not offering to send a replacement part. Their website says they supply a float sensor:

http://www.pacific-sun.eu/new/index....124&Itemid=215
And the fact the optical sensor is featuring in the PRO only version and the regular version rely solely the float sensors makes me think that they are not either being honest or have not updated their website which might have misled future potential buyers.

Unread 01/05/2016, 01:44 PM   #167
wcharon
Registered Member

Quote:
Had some email exchanges with a support person named Adam at PacSun, was informed that they no longer include the float sensor in the Kore 5th dosing pump as there are so problems reported. He had me installed the new version of software 1.5a which doesn't support check function, then uninstalled it for whatever reason I don't know, but as for now he said just send in the float sensor to the workshop in Poland as they don't have new part to send out for warranty, can someone who just received a new unit over the Black Friday sale confirm that, because as right now, I can only rely on the optical sensor for the main ATO which is not too comforting. And the fact that they still have the float sensor included in their non-pro unit makes me wonder if they really want to help. Below is the email I got from the tech support

Unfortunatelly we don't use floating sensor any more because of problems that we have with them. We resign from selling them a few month ago and we don't have any of spare floating sensor. You can send me your floating sensor and I can check it in workshop what is wrong.

Best regards
Adam Okun

Wowwww i feel sorry about that. I use the floats as primary but i thinks others prefer the optical as primary due to less posibilities to failure. I can't confirm this but maybe others that use it as primary can post their opinions.

Can you say how much fluctuation you get in the water level with the optic sensor??

Unread 01/05/2016, 03:00 PM   #168
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:

Best regards
Adam Okun

Hi
I cant only apologise for that kind of reply which you got from service.
It's not correct information that we decided to not use floating sensors anymore because they have failures.
We simply negotiated prices with supplier of optical sensors and all actual Regular units are supplied with optical sensors instead of floating sensors(like in our Sentry device we decided to use only optical with 4pcs sensor leds - the same like in Kore 5th).

About software - you should install newest firmware on your doser and you can connect using previous version of software for sensor check.
Most important are sensor readings(floating sensors).
If both sensors react (change state during sensor moving) it confirm that there is no issue with sensor wires/magnets.
Only what need to be checked is proper plugs connection(on backside of doser) and proper sensors mount(depending from firmware they need to be reversced if its needed).
Please send to service information which numbers you see on LCD(during sensor check procedure) when sensors are in proper position - mean:
- bottom sensor up
- top sensor down
You should see numbers like 1 or 0 on LCD for top/bottom sensor(be sure that moving bottom sensor - proper = bottom= sensor state is changing on LCD durign this test)

Regards

Przemek

PS. Tomorrow is free from work day in Poland - please forward this mail to info@pacific-sun.eu
Thank you.

Unread 01/05/2016, 03:01 PM   #169
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:

Best regards
Adam Okun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcharon View Post
Wowwww i feel sorry about that. I use the floats as primary but i thinks others prefer the optical as primary due to less posibilities to failure. I can't confirm this but maybe others that use it as primary can post their opinions.

Can you say how much fluctuation you get in the water level with the optic sensor??
There is no fluctuation with optical sensors - it react for water level change about 2mm-3mm.

Unread 01/05/2016, 03:03 PM   #170
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
And the fact the optical sensor is featuring in the PRO only version and the regular version rely solely the float sensors makes me think that they are not either being honest or have not updated their website which might have misled future potential buyers.
Our online shop pages were updated in October last year - Regular version include Optical sensor (same like Pro).
http://pacificsun.myshopify.com/coll...on-pro-regular

Unread 01/05/2016, 03:21 PM   #171
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Moving bottom sensor down it should change state from 1 to 0.
Pls remember that correct position for bottom sensor is up(water level should be kept between bottom and top sensor so bottom sensor is up, top sensor is down).
If top sensor is moving up - his state is changing from 1 to 0.
There is latest version of software working with firmware 1.5d(it support sensor check):
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download/Kore_1.5d.rar

Regards

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 01/05/2016 at 03:28 PM.
Unread 01/05/2016, 03:22 PM   #172
africangrey
Registered Member

Quote:
same thing when I flip the float 180 degree, low sensor :1 when in down position, putting the RCA jack in the correct way, red to red, black to black, now the lower sensor : 0 when the upper float is in the up position, something is clearly wrong here.

Temp probe doesn't work either as it's showing 0C

You can see here the lower float is in down position which should have activated the switch.
Hi Przemek,
Thanks for your response, as you can see from the pic, when the bottom sensor is down which should have activated the low sensor to 0, the software is reversed back to 14 as suggested by Adam, but the firmware has been updated to 15d.
What was the point of sensor check box in the service tab in 15a, but when it is in fact no functionality behind it.

Re: Antenna and Optical Sensor of Kore 5th
Adam Okun Pacific Sun EU Add to contacts 1/04/16 Flag this message
To: Spencer Wu
adam@pacific-sun.eu
Hi,
Uninstall software 1.5A and install old version of software 1.4, because in 1.5A is error and sensor check is disabled. Go to service tab and check in what mode optical sensor is set.

Best regards
Adam Okun

About floating sensor revers lower float in sensor and connect red plug to red socket in doser and black plug connect to black socket in doser. Also in attachment you have latest software for PC (1.5A) and latest firmware fo doser (1.5D) first install new version of software then upgrade firmware in doser. When upgrading is finished first CHOOSE CLEAN MEMORY OPTION in SYSTEM TAB and when it'ss finished load DEAFULT SETTINGS to doser. Then you will have to calibrate doser and check if it works properly.

Best regards
Adam Okun

Unread 01/05/2016, 03:50 PM   #173
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi Przemek,
Thanks for your response, as you can see from the pic, when the bottom sensor is down which should have activated the low sensor to 0, the software is reversed back to 14 as suggested by Adam, but the firmware has been updated to 15d.
What was the point of sensor check box in the service tab in 15a, but when it is in fact no functionality behind it.

Re: Antenna and Optical Sensor of Kore 5th
Adam Okun Pacific Sun EU Add to contacts 1/04/16 Flag this message
To: Spencer Wu
adam@pacific-sun.eu
Hi,
Uninstall software 1.5A and install old version of software 1.4, because in 1.5A is error and sensor check is disabled. Go to service tab and check in what mode optical sensor is set.

Best regards
Adam Okun

About floating sensor revers lower float in sensor and connect red plug to red socket in doser and black plug connect to black socket in doser. Also in attachment you have latest software for PC (1.5A) and latest firmware fo doser (1.5D) first install new version of software then upgrade firmware in doser. When upgrading is finished first CHOOSE CLEAN MEMORY OPTION in SYSTEM TAB and when it'ss finished load DEAFULT SETTINGS to doser. Then you will have to calibrate doser and check if it works properly.

Best regards
Adam Okun

Hi
It looks like bottom floating sensor is not properly mounted - please rotate it for 180 degree - it should be mounted on "stick" like on photo on the left(you need to unmount bottom protection plate, take it off, rotate for 180 degree, mount on stick and attach protection plate again)

It should give you correct sensor check readings and proper ATO work.

Regards

Przemek

Unread 01/05/2016, 04:10 PM   #174
africangrey
Registered Member

Quote:

When Optical sensor is used as an ATO it activates the pump but alarm would sound and despite the water is above the sensor eye.

This was how the float sensor arrived in the first two pictures, and it didn't work as the shown in the low sensor = 1.

Unread 01/05/2016, 04:37 PM   #175
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Your upper sensor is properly mounted - changing state to 0 confirm that.
have you tried to move botton sensor? It change state on LCD?
Because its hard to support thru RC - please send mail to info@pacific-sun.eu for future support.
We are not sponsor on RC and we shouldnt do that using RC threads.

Tags
junk trash