Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Coral Propagation and Aquaculture
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/19/2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Reefaddict24
Registered Member

Frag tank with hair algae help.

I have two frag tank size of 48x28x12 plumbed together up and running for about a few months now. One is a sps frag tank and the other is zoas and lps. The sps tank is bare bottom and the lps tank has a 3 inch sandbed. Sps tank is lit by LEDs and the lps tank is lit by t5s and LEDS. The only difference i see is that my sps tank is starting to get a bit of green hair algae but my lps tank has none at all. Both tanks are on the same light cycle and timing. What could be the problem?

Reefaddict24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Evanski9
Registered Member.

I see that your trying to keep a low nutrient system plumbed with a nutrient system. Thus you have a fully nutrient system lmao ❤

Evanski9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2012, 10:01 PM   #3
BayouCorals
Registered Member

My experience is that systems with a common sump can have hair algae in some tanks and not others. That is why algae scrubbers work. I suspect the difference is the lights or flow in the two tanks. The solution is likely reducing the nutrients in the system.

BayouCorals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2012, 05:00 AM   #4
svk
Registered Member

try a lawnmower' Blenny ... they tke care of any algae and look great. I love my blennies . the problem is prob. lights/flow/feeding

Current Tank Info: 150g
svk is offline   Reply With Quote