Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/11/2017, 05:21 AM   #1
K-Dubbs
Registered Member

Nuvo fusion 10g - livestock questions

I've finally gotten my nuvo 10 fusion up and running, currently doing fishless cycle right now. I would like to stock with a pair of clowns, and a goby/shrimp combo. I will also be doing softies and possibly an LPS or two.

Will the tank be able to handle the bio-load? Do I need to rethink my stocking options?

Here's what I have in back chambers:
1st compartment: 3 compartment filtration w/filter floss, chemipure, purigen
2nd compartment: ghost skimmer
3rd compartment: heater/ato/pump

Also link to my build thread with pictures/more info: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2601094

Thanks in advance!

Current Tank Info: 10g Nuvo fusion reef
K-Dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 08:05 AM   #2
BeachVacationer
Registered Member

I have had 2 clowns and bunch of corals in my 5 gallon tank for almost 3 years. So no problems with bioload in your tank.

BeachVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 08:19 AM   #3
sde1500
Registered Member

3 fish in under 10 gallons is stretching the limit. You'll need to be absolutely on top of maintaining the tank.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2548422

Current Tank Info: 65 gallon mixed reef, Eshopps sump and HOB overflow, RO-110int skimmer, Reefbreeder 32" photons V1.
sde1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 08:34 AM   #4
BeachVacationer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sde1500 View Post
3 fish in under 10 gallons is stretching the limit. You'll need to be absolutely on top of maintaining the tank.
Yes, that's for sure. With such a small tank you need to know exactly where your parameters are and kow how to get them back to their proper ranges BEFORE you add fish and especially before adding corals.

BeachVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 10:21 AM   #5
Danny_15
Registered Member

Dont listen to them bro i run a 10 gallon with a hob filter and no skimmer with 1 clown and 1 goby and clean up crew i have acros growing in my tank and all the only thing you need to do is waterchanges every week. I think everyweek is a lot cause i might be starving my corals but thats something else

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Danny_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 10:29 AM   #6
sde1500
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_15 View Post
Dont listen to them bro i run a 10 gallon with a hob filter and no skimmer with 1 clown and 1 goby and clean up crew i have acros growing in my tank and all the only thing you need to do is waterchanges every week. I think everyweek is a lot cause i might be starving my corals but thats something else

Every post here so far said it's possible. Just need to keep on top of maintenance. Which is what water changes are. So are you advocating to OP to not keep the fish or what?

Current Tank Info: 65 gallon mixed reef, Eshopps sump and HOB overflow, RO-110int skimmer, Reefbreeder 32" photons V1.
Unread 11/11/2017, 10:39 AM   #7
K-Dubbs
Registered Member

Thanks guys, working through the cycle right now and keeping an eye on parameters!

Current Tank Info: 10g Nuvo fusion reef
K-Dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 01:30 PM   #8
The Modest Reef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dubbs View Post
I've finally gotten my nuvo 10 fusion up and running, currently doing fishless cycle right now. I would like to stock with a pair of clowns, and a goby/shrimp combo. I will also be doing softies and possibly an LPS or two.

Will the tank be able to handle the bio-load? Do I need to rethink my stocking options?

Here's what I have in back chambers:
1st compartment: 3 compartment filtration w/filter floss, chemipure, purigen
2nd compartment: ghost skimmer
3rd compartment: heater/ato/pump
The shrimp will not make a huge difference, so it's basically a goby and the two clowns. I had only one goby in my 29 gallon for a month and a half and as soon as I added the second fish my parameters went haywire for about a week, until the tank adjusted. So don't put them in all at once.

With that said you can probably get away with 3 fish, but you will have to absolutely do weekly water changes as well as minimal feeding. I personally would do one clown instead of a pair, and wouldn't bother with a skimmer if I were gonna do water changes every week.

In my 13.5 gallon tank I have one clown and a goby shrimp/combo. It's working out fine.

The Modest Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 02:09 PM   #9
Matt_work27
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_15 View Post

Hey, I have a 10 gallon as well that has been running for more than 3 years now, and I am trying to start introducing sps. I was wondering if you had any tips or tricks. Also, a pic of your tank would be awesome.

Matt_work27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 02:16 PM   #10
Danny_15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_work27 View Post
Hey, I have a 10 gallon as well that has been running for more than 3 years now, and I am trying to start introducing sps. I was wondering if you had any tips or tricks. Also, a pic of your tank would be awesome.
Lights just turned on sorry all i got to say is do water changes and get them the flow they need. The way the flow hits them thats the way they are gonna grow. Make sure to clean out your filter cause there would be a lot of gunk in there stuck on the carbon bags and sponges thats if you have a hang on the back and use salt like reef crystals or Fritz that has elements included in it. And thats it let nature take its course. Make sure to dip as well cause they have a lot of pests. These simple things can lead you to a healthy tank

Danny_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 03:56 PM   #11
sde1500
Registered Member

How new is that tank? Those plugs are still white. I wouldn't claim you're successful keeping acros when the one I see is appears to be a brand new frag.
I like the scape though. Will look good when the corals grow in.