Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/26/2016, 11:25 PM   #1
Fishboy15
Registered Member

Starting 40 gallon fowlr

I've been in this hobby for a few years now, I have a 29 gallon fowlr right now, I want to upgrade to a 40 gallon breeder. I currently have 2 ocellaris Clowns, 1 purple fire fish, and 1 royal gramma. I want some more fish but don't know how many more. I don't have a lot of time to write a long in depth of what I have. I'm thinking some chromis, flame angel. WHAT others would be good in the 40 gallon tank? Thanks in advance

Fishboy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/27/2016, 01:26 AM   #2
mattix
Registered Member

personally I'd skip the flame angel, they're pretty active swimmers. Maybe a midas blenny or another blenny, and one of the flasher wrasses. Make sure to add a screen top to the fish don't jump out.

mattix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/29/2016, 01:38 PM   #3
Rubasu
Registered Member

I loved my carpenter's flasher wrasse. Beautiful fish. Didn't look that great dried up on the floor though... Get a screen top (without any gaps!)

Unread 06/29/2016, 05:35 PM   #4
WaReefer458
Registered Member

Any fairy wrasses are good. I had a mccoskers, Solon and a long fin. Long fun was my favorite.

WaReefer458 is offline   Reply With Quote