Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/03/2019, 07:25 PM   #1
Jonna43
Registered Member

Unhappy My live corals don't do well....help.

I'm fairly new to the hobby, but I am loving every bit of it....except for the fact that I can't seem to keep a coral alive for more than a few months. I've bought 2 at this point, and 1 (Alveopora) already died, and the other one (Xenia) is on the way....and I have no idea what I'm doing (or not doing) to kill them. I've had my 32g Biocube for about a year and a half, and everything else seems to be fine. My fish, snails, hermit crabs, fire shrimp all seem to be doing great. I do water changes about every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks (15-20%). The Alveopora turned completely white and then slowly deteriorated until it was nothing. Now the Xenia..which was beautiful and flowy....is stumpy and there's not much movement. My local aquarium store didn't seem to have any advice or suggestions, so I'm hoping I can get some on here. Any advice/information is greatly appreciated....

Thanks so much!

Jonna43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2019, 08:20 PM   #2
Oldreeferman
Registered Member

Not knowing your waters stats id then consider the lighting maybe? Just a guess on no information to go on. Those are usually considered very easy to keep corals but corals do require a much different lighting setup then fish & other tank inhabitants.
Can you post your tank setup from tank water parameters to the exact type lighting etc.

Current Tank Info: Nano Reef tank
Oldreeferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2019, 12:56 AM   #3
gprdypoo04
Registered Member

Your xenia is dying? Oh please tell me how you do it. There usually such a pain in the a.....

gprdypoo04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/26/2019, 12:09 PM   #4
steallife904
Registered Member

what salt mix? Using RODI water? What lighting? how do you measure salinity?

steallife904 is offline   Reply With Quote