Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/14/2014, 05:13 PM   #1
Darth Wader
Registered Member

Tunze Osmolator metering pump tubing

Hey everybody, so I just moved cross country and i'm finally setting up a tank again. When I went to hook up my Tunze Osmolator ATO i noticed that I must have lost the (black) tubing from the return pump to the aquarium. I can't seem to figure out what size tubing fits on that weird tunze pump. If anybody knows the size of tubing or what kind of tubing that was or where to get it let me know.
thanks,
Darth

Darth Wader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2014, 10:01 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It is metric, 7mm outside diameter, 4mm inside, Amazon sells it, you can also order it on Tunze.com, 5000.390 is the part number.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2014, 05:03 PM   #3
Darth Wader
Registered Member

cool thanks rvitko

Darth Wader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2016, 09:15 PM   #4
reefdude135
Registered Member

Roger, is that a typical size of is it somewhat unique? I ask because my osmolator is suddenly acting quite fussy. The tubing fits into the pump, but somewhat loosely. It's worked fine, but every few months the tube would some loose. But now is wants to come lose more often and I have had a few water messes.

I tried putting in a thicker tube, but it didn't pump any water at all. any guidance would be appreciated!

reefdude135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2016, 10:51 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Try cutting the end at about 45 degrees so you have a point you can start and then push while twisting to get it in further. The tubing is a common metric size but hard to get in the US. It is 4mm ID 7mm OD.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 01/23/2016, 01:12 PM   #6
shock
Registered Member

Roger,

I'm just wondering how often the tubing is restocked on Amazon. I read about the product details here and ordered online about a week ago. Amazon said it would ship within 2-3 weeks so we're still in that range -- just curious.

Thanks.

shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/25/2016, 10:15 AM   #7
rvitko
RC Sponsor

January is a difficult month for stock, the factory closes Christmas Eve and reopens a few days after New Years, we usually see nothing arrive until late January so we have a month of strong sales and no resupply. Tubing just came back in on Friday so we can finally fulfill some orders.