Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/20/2011, 11:02 PM   #1
dirtyBit
Registered Member

What's wrong with my Coral Beauty?

I've had this fish for about 5 days. I came in and check on the fish for about two weeks before I bought it (I don't have a QT). It looked fine so I finally bought it. While the store owner was taking it out of the tank into those little plastic holding tank, it jumped out and landed on the table it was sitting on. He quickly put the fish back in and I left. The next day its right eye got swollen and I attributed it to the fall (pop eye?). It got better about 2 days later. As the eye was healing the other eye started getting cloudy and a bit swollen.

I'm worried because of the delayed reaction. If this is pop eye again why did it take 3 days to kick in? I hope it's not something more serious as this guy is a PITA to net. I have some pics that aren't the greatest but I hope it gives you an idea. Thanks.

This is the first eye that was swollen and a bit cloudy but has now somewhat healed.

This is the now cloudy and somewhat swollen eye.

It still eats all day long but is a bit shy.

dirtyBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/20/2011, 11:07 PM   #2
rtb388
Registered Member

Seems like a bacterial infection which is usually a result of injury. Should work itself out with good water and healthy eating. If it doesn't improve or gets worse then treat fish with antibiotic in a qt or have the LFS put him in a holding tank and do it for you since it probably stemmed from the fall or netting

rtb388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/20/2011, 11:35 PM   #3
dirtyBit
Registered Member

How long should I wait to see if it gets better? The last pop eye cleared up in a couple of days.

dirtyBit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloudy eye, coral beauty, ich, pop eye